ED future plans about dynamic campaign

How does ED plan to approach the development of a dynamic campaign in the future - by developing their own, by supporting third-party modders, or there are no plans for such a feature?

Is the DCS system of events and triggers, for example, intended to make it easier for automatic generation of missions? Or, will it mainly be up to the human mission designer to do even more work in the future, than in the past?

-SK

Hey SK you're still on to it? COOOL!

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

This is not cool.

EvilBivol-1 dreamed of being a mediator between the Russian and English communities at ED.

He is now discovering - to his distaste - that he is, rather, something else.

But he gave his word to cooperate, so the locking and deleting of law-abiding threads must continue, instead of the international discussion he imagined.

Do you know what it's like to be betrayed by people who don't care?

I do. I know exactly what's happening to him inside.

Think of the scene in "Return of the Jedi", where Darth Vader is watching his master, the Emperor, kill his only son.

Evilbivol-1. There is still good in you. :) We know it to be true.

Save this message for him and send to him by PM. This topic will be deleted as soon as it's morning in the US. Maybe I'll be gone, too. I want him to know, I always believed in him.

-SK

From the DCS forum:

"Once the system is finalized, we'll provide a more detailed description, but it is essentially a phased system that the player can go back and fourth between phases based on mission results. Within each phase can contain an unlimited number of missions and mission selection can be based mission results from the previous mission. Within each mission though, random factors can be set (such as unit appearance). All missions are created with the new mission editor that includes quite a few trigger function scripts.

The campaign tool will ship with the game and players can create campaigns with as many phases as they want and with as many missions per phase as they want to include. Depending on the amount of effort that the campaign designer puts into it, a campaign can provide a great deal of replayability.

One of the reasons we chose this sort of campaign rather than a branching campaign is that it much more easily provides the feel of a moving front line (assuming you correspond FLOT location with each phase).

In later iterations of DCS, we’ll add other functions to the campaign system.

I’ll probably devote a producer note to this and the mission editor later.

Matt Wagner

TFC/Eagle Dynamics"

BTW, there are actually people who think that making missions are fun.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

SK with all due respect for who you are and what you tried to do for the community, IMHO I think your undoing your own past endeavors with your anguish expressed here.

Take a pause man, theres things more important in life. I dont like to have to wait 5 or 6 years more for multirole aircraft and DC any more than you do, but given the rarity of these kind of titles anymore in this niche, one is bound to have to concede that the developer will not statisfy everyone at once in a product that will only see the light of day once or twice in a decade. These are hard times for the SImming community, at least were not abandoned for good, even if it takes to fly low and slow for the rest of this decade.

Take care.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

How does ED plan to approach the development of a dynamic campaign in the future - by developing their own, by supporting third-party modders, or there are no plans for such a feature?

Is the DCS system of events and triggers, for example, intended to make it easier for automatic generation of missions? Or, will it mainly be up to the human mission designer to do even more work in the future, than in the past?

-SK

Dude, you're turning this into a crusade ;)

So will we get a full dynamic campaign? You know the answer to that perfectly well.

The question about automatic generation of missions is quite a good one, and I'd be interested to know the answer. A campaign generator that can produce it's own missions is of course the Holy Grail of flight sims.

But remember that no bugger's ever found the Grail :P

I don't know the answer, I don't know if ED do either. If it WAS planned, I'd keep it firmly under wraps until I knew it'd happen and it'd work properly . . . which would probably be a Very Long Time.

Just out of interest, does anyone know how long Microprose took to produce a DC that didn't quite function? And then how long it took to be fixed?

SK with all due respect for who you are and what you tried to do for the community, IMHO I think your undoing your own past endeavors with your anguish expressed here.

With all due respect to the community, I'm not being judged. That's already been done for you.

I'm asking the questions.

You can take over any time.

-SK

I'm pretty sure that if ED does not create a mission generator (and they might not be able to, time seems short), then a third party could do so, and I'm pretty certain that said third party could do so fairly easily too - not that I'm implying that it's a simple endeavor ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

This is not cool.

Thanks for speaking on my behalf.

Actually, I volunteered to be community manager without being asked and never made any promises - but then again, I didn't have to. My support for ED is not conditioned on the flyable aircraft or campaign system.

Can we drop the politics now?

The specific question has already been raised and replied to on the DCS forum:

http://forum.digitalcombatsimulator.com/showthread.php?t=302

I don't think there is anything I can add at this point, as guessing too far beyond the first DCS modules may or may not turn out to be accurate.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

With all due respect to the community, I'm not being judged. That's already been done for you.

I'm asking the questions.

You can take over any time.

-SK

Did I wrote anything expressing a judgement? Hmmm I dont think so, but then my english can be so bad sometimes...But its still good enough to understand your state of mind looking at your questions as you pointed out.

My best wishes and regards, honestly.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals