Connection issues

Linx

Hello.

I have a problem connecting to certain servers.

When I try joining public servers, it connects without a problem, loads it and I can play with no issues at all.

But when I try hosting my server or joining friends server, I get a "Can't connect" notification.

Any idea what this might be?

Thanks for help.

In the "Server" screen of the multiplayer GUI make sure the following is set;

Server Type: should say "internet"

interface should have an IP address in your network. (for me it is 192.168.0.104)

Port should be set to "10308"

Make sure that firewall settings are not blocking the connection when hosting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

In the "Server" screen of the multiplayer GUI make sure the following is set;

Server Type: should say "internet"

interface should have an IP address in your network. (for me it is 192.168.0.104)

Port should be set to "10308"

Make sure that firewall settings are not blocking the connection when hosting.

Yes, all of the above was set up correctly.

Make sure your router is set up to forward the port. The router won't let just anyone connect to your computer, so most ports are shut off. This is probably your issue. Only the host needs to do this.

Go to this site and it will walk you through it all, step by step: http://portforward.com/

This is your start point: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Oh! and make sure you get your correct IP... anything that goes 196.168.0.xxx is within your house. You need to get the IP address to your router. RIGHT: Go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and get your IP address. (previously WRONG:I'm not sure if the guide above shows you this but you can get it by going to the Start Menu>Search "CMD" then type "ipconfig" (without quotes on both) into the black box and look at the IPv4 address.) Give that address to your friends to connect to you.

Edited by Britchot
little clarification

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Make sure your router is set up to forward the port. The router won't let just anyone connect to your computer, so most ports are shut off. This is probably your issue. Only the host needs to do this.

Go to this site and it will walk you through it all, step by step: http://portforward.com/

This is your start point: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Oh! and make sure you get your correct IP... anything that goes 196.168.0.xxx is within your house. You need to get the IP address to your router. I'm not sure if the guide above shows you this but you can get it by going to the Start Menu>Search "CMD" then type "ipconfig" (without quotes on both) into the black box and look at the IPv4 address. Give that address to your friends to connect to you.

Thanks.

I've opened the necessary port and gave people the IPv4 address from CMD but we still can't get them to connect to server.

Anything else I can try?

My previous issues with connecting were the port forwarding. If it is all set up as above, then all I have to go back on are the obvious password setting and Right: LAN (previously wrong: internet as Falcon pointed out above. The IP address you see as the host will be a 196.168.0.xxx and that's okay. The xxx matches the static IP you set in the port forwarding procedure.

Sorry I have no other insight to offer. :(

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Here's a snapshot of my settings when I host.

The interface IP is the IPv4 that your router will forward that port ( 10308 ) to, not what your friends connect with. Use the link in the previous reply to get your IP address.

It's LAN, like Trev said, I was wrong there, too. Again, I'm sorry.

358229585_dcslansettings.thumb.jpg.c62db0841255bd7e293786c06b51e6b4.jpg

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Here's a snapshot of my settings when I host.

The interface IP is the IPv4 that your router will forward that port ( 10308 ) to, not what your friends connect with. Use the link in the previous reply to get your IP address.

It's LAN, like Trev said, I was wrong there, too. Again, I'm sorry.

Ahh, no problem, we'll try again. :)

Thanks a lot for your help.

EDIT:

Nope, no luck.

Is it maybe that it is only possible to join games with DCS World, but not host them if you don't have any additional modules?

Edited by Linx

Ahh, no problem, we'll try again. :)

Thanks a lot for your help.

EDIT:

Nope, no luck.

Is it maybe that it is only possible to join games with DCS World, but not host them if you don't have any additional modules?

Sounds More like Your not Forwarding the Port to the Correct LOCAL IP

Port 10308 should be Open, which is the step everyone does..

Port 10308 should also be forwarded to the LOCAL IP of the Computer you're trying to play DCSW On.

MAC Address of PC trying to PLay DCSW should be Set to STATIC IP on the Router's DHCP Options.

There is a list in every router of which Local IP the DHCP assigns to your PC, and Unless you disable the Dynamic DHCP, every time the power flickers, or you disconnect your PC (power off or disconnecting the cable) and Re-Connect back to the Router, it will assign/lease your MAC Address of your Network card a Different IP every time.

I had this problem with Xbox Live on certain routers since 2002;

Setup the portforwarding, then 2 weeks later start having the connection issues, only to find out when I loginto the router the LOCAL IP of the Xbox had changed and I'd have to adjust or re-enter all the forwarding Ports.

The routers that didnt allow me to Assign/Lease STATIC Local IPs to MAC Addresses were taken back or just given away, as they were causing problems with my network.

Devices that stay in my house (PCs, Laptops, Tablets), get assigned/leased a static IP on my network. that way, devices that need services forwarded are easily configured once.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs