FPS drop in P-51D module

Diegeist

Hey guys,

Not really sure if this should be in the P-51 Forum or not since it is an engine question. I have experienced huge FPS drops flying the P-51. Normally when flying the Hog or any FC aircraft, I average 45 FPS while flying over empty terrain. However since about 1.2.6 (not sure as I don't fly the P-51 often) while flying the Mustang I am only averaging 20 FPS with the same scenario. It may not sound like much, but I can tell you every FPS matters while trying to take off and land with that torque.

Has anyone else experienced a big FPS loss? I just want to make sure I am not the minority and have something wrong with my system. If needed I can attach a track with the FPS counter on so you can see the difference.

Thank you for the help.

Cheers,

DieGeist

Hey guys,

Not really sure if this should be in the P-51 Forum or not since it is an engine question. I have experienced huge FPS drops flying the P-51. Normally when flying the Hog or any FC aircraft, I average 45 FPS while flying over empty terrain. However since about 1.2.6 (not sure as I don't fly the P-51 often) while flying the Mustang I am only averaging 20 FPS with the same scenario. It may not sound like much, but I can tell you every FPS matters while trying to take off and land with that torque.

Has anyone else experienced a big FPS loss? I just want to make sure I am not the minority and have something wrong with my system. If needed I can attach a track with the FPS counter on so you can see the difference.

Thank you for the help.

Cheers,

DieGeist

curious, what are the specs for your computer?

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I am currently running an Intel i7@3.7 with 16 GB DDR3 RAM, x2 10k Raptor Drives in a RAID0, and an Nvidia GTX 550TI on Windows 7 64bit. I run the sims graphics on the medium setting. Please let me know if I missed anything.

Cheers,

Diegeist

I am currently running an Intel i7@3.7 with 16 GB DDR3 RAM, x2 10k Raptor Drives in a RAID0, and an Nvidia GTX 550TI on Windows 7 64bit. I run the sims graphics on the medium setting. Please let me know if I missed anything.

Cheers,

Diegeist

I have a fairly powerful rig, and even with that being the case, the rear-view mirror on the P-51 can cause a noticeable drop in frames.Try not deploying the mirror and see if that helps-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Remembering Arlie "Jack" Campbell, US Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done dad, rest in peace.

Sorry I forgot to mention, I have mirrors disabled on on all sims. Glad to know I am not the only one having this issue. I tested it extensively tonight and found that after a reboot and launching nothing else but TrackIR, TargetGUI, and DCS I can get the difference down to 10 FPS. I cannot get it closer though. I figured that with the extra MFDs on the A-10 it would be a bigger FPS HOG then the Mustang. Go figure.

Cheers,

DieGeist

• 1 month later...

Can you test the difference if you disable FFB in the options menu?

It might be another bug, but my fps related drops come from the shake effect with ffb enabled. After one shake , I can shake it with my fps until I restart my mission ;)

Yes Cnuke, there is still a problem with ffb and the msffb2 joystick.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

• 1 month later...

For a few flights on Multiplayer, and with the actual version 1.2.8, we have suffered a significant loss of frames, even with powerful computers.

When the P-51 shoot machine guns and ballistics calculations, rebounds ammunition against the ground, and falling cartridges or shells are represented, the frames down to minimum levels, which makes it virtually impossible to fly.

You can test-it with a ground attack mission, with more than 2 planes and shooting columns of ground vehicles.

:noexpression: