Lifeboat after eject over water or ship sunk

Viper99

When a pilot ejects over water, there should be a life boat in his package that will be the obvious position to wait for rescue instead of just drowning.

Pilot should - by the way - not extend parachute above 6000 feet AGL, but wait.

When friendly units are close, water dye or smoke should be able to trig.

This goes for ships that are sunk too. Slightly larger life boats should be put in the water as the ship slowly sinks (dependent of damage level - no lifeboats: all is dead).

It shall not be possible to "Kill" lifeboats, but rescuers.

Life boats should drift with the wind, but not at full windspeed ofcourse.

Life boats or pilots should "disappear" very close to a friendly unit, such as other ship or hovering chopper, emulating a pick up. (Could render points for the team).

This is important for "humanitarian" reasons as well as it would be really cool.

Edited by Viper99
adding objects in text
  • Like 1

When a pilot ejects over water, there should be a life boat in his package that will be the obvious position to wait for rescue instead of just drowning.

It shall not be possible to "Kill" lifeboats, but rescuers.

l.

Point A: who is going to wait 2 hours until someone comes and picks up an ejected pilot? I have played in servers where if you eject (over land) a smoke marker deploys and co-ords are sent to the chopper pilots. after about 1 minute of waiting for the chopper, the ejected player returns to the lobby and rejoins back into the aircraft making the smoke marker idea a waste of effort for the mission designer.

This would be a waste of time scripting and creating the objects that no one would ever use in a multiplayer scenario.

Point B: Acts against humanity has gone on by both sides and all parties in every war. If your proposal did come about, it should still be possible to drop a GBU, AGM or Cluster bomb life boats.

Edited by Winfield_Gold

Point A: who is going to way 2 hours until someone comes and picks up an ejected pilot? I have played in servers where if you eject (over land) a smoke marker deploys and co-ords are sent to the chopper pilots. after about 1 minute, the ejected player returns to the lobby and rejoins back into the aircraft.

This would be a waste of time scripting and creating the objects that no one would ever use in a multiplayer scenario.

Point B: Acts against humanity has gone on by both sides and all parties in every war. If your proposal did come about, it should still be possible to drop a GBU, AGM or Cluster bomb life boats.

You are missing the point - it is not necessary for player to stay in lifeboat.

And Eagle Dynamics can script what they want - if they think "killing lifeboats" is a natural part of war - fine with me.

If you are correct: why even simulate a sinking ship rather than just remove it from the arena when hit... Waste of time is not your call. ;)

Regards

"Point A: who is going to wait 2 hours until someone comes and picks up an ejected pilot? I have played in servers where if you eject (over land) a smoke marker deploys and co-ords are sent to the chopper pilots. after about 1 minute of waiting for the chopper, the ejected player returns to the lobby and rejoins back into the aircraft making the smoke marker idea a waste of effort for the mission designer."

That's awesome ! Where is the server ?!

I think it makes sense for organizes groups like you know, the virtual squadrons.

Do you know if TARS implementation of rescue (guard?) channel works after you eject ?

I totally agree with the raft idea and ability to pickup rescued pilots.

Maybe some logics should be added for enemy units who spot a parachute of a downed pilot, to try to capture him ? I think at the moment you can just walk up to an enemy BMP that shot you down, knock, knock it's armour and say "Hey boy! You think that was funny ??"

p.s sorry if I am insinuating I am intelligent. I don't mean to.

I think the original idea is a sound one but it would need some thinking about.

1/ an aircraft is shot down pilot ejects comes down in water with raft eprib sends out a signal to allies who then send help. Obviously while this is going on the pilot isn't going to sit around, so if he goes out to lobby he can then only fly non combat missions til he is rescued or he dies.

2/ warship is sunk sos is sent and help is sent extra points for getting to area and hovering or stopping engines if in a ship.

I think that someone with the mission making skills that i don't have should be able to make something like this.

Viper don't get upset by remarks they come with the territory just ignore them and move on its better that way, if you don't fuel a fire it won't burn..

a good idea rep sent.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

I think it's a nice idea, simulating survival isn't an unimportant thing. However I think it might be better to simplify the model to remain in the game for as long as the person occupying the slot is willing to look at it. Then destroy the object to clear up after a minute or two. As for flares or lifeboats from sinking vehicles i think they can be scripted well enough and should be left out as not not overcomplicate matters.

That would provide a simpler compromise. And Winfield_Gold can go around machine gunning lifeboats on the internet too then.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

"Point A: who is going to wait 2 hours until someone comes and picks up an ejected pilot? I have played in servers where if you eject (over land) a smoke marker deploys and co-ords are sent to the chopper pilots. after about 1 minute of waiting for the chopper, the ejected player returns to the lobby and rejoins back into the aircraft making the smoke marker idea a waste of effort for the mission designer."

That's awesome ! Where is the server ?!

Try this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=110837

aka: Baron

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This would be a waste of time scripting and creating the objects that no one would ever use in a multiplayer scenario. .

I do not think it's a waste of time, I believe that would be great, I'd love to simulate rescue mission

all improvement is welcome , i think nice idea ! ! !

real pilots can simulate rescue

I like the idea because I use DCS simulator to simulate real life

(people who use DCS simulator just as a game ,really will not like the idea...

are just child, playing game aircrafts)

english made in google translator :)

There would be a neat role for a lifeboat to play for sunken ships- especially with the huey and the MAG upon us.

Having a lifeboat object that we could spawn in moving zone when ships were "group dead" would be neat- and emulating a rescue from a Huey wouldn't be that difficult even without scripting. (Though a script makes it easier).

We have loads of access to the civilian vehicles and loads of different structures. I think a lifeboat would be a neat addition... A raft from a downed pilot- well...

We were researching scripts from awhile ago that would give coordinates to "ejection points" so that SAR could be mobilized to that location... To have a liferaft spawned at the point grabbed from that script wouldn't be out of the question. Making it do all sorts of things like drift with tides and wind... not really necessary unless the "world" allows for those physics. Just a simple life raft / lifeboat object that we can choose to use or not use would be a quaint addition.

Hmmmmm.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art