Is it even possible to...

So folks after almost 3 years is it possible in Lockon to have all settings maxed out and have stable, no lower than 25 FPS or does such hardware doesnt exist yet? And i mean ALL settings maxed out INCLUDING vis. range, mirrors, heat blur, and water on highest settings AND of course AA at 6x and AF at 16x no FPS mods installed and flying over huge cities like Krasnodar? (1280x1024) The whole testing should me be made in intense campaign not some quick start mission. Does anyone of you posses such rig to run this smoothly ( Evil Scotsman maybe?) or such PC isnt born yet?

PS: default scenario should be in SU-25T and 4 ship flight.

Please send your benchmark data.

No no, i just meant you to post your FPS not the whole testing. Doesnt matter which mission just to be intense one. Sorry for missunderstanding.

@aimmaverick:

To have comparable results, you need a common baseline which is one mission everybody will run under the same conditions = max grafix settings.

I agree with WhikeyRomeo, please provide a dedicated test-mission. Waiting for your download link....

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

In a way, I'm glad we can't max out the graphics settings all the way yet.

I remember Jane's WW2 fighters was a slide show on the first computer I loaded it on. Now, it is still have it on my hard drive today.

With the frequency that good flight sims come out (every 6-7 yrs?), I'm glad LOMAC will continue to look good as I upgrade.

Case in point, IMHO, LOMAC looked good on my P4 2.8G w/ TI-4800SE. I couldn't even put the settings near medium w/o it turning into a slide show. But, I was able to find ahappy medium where I could fly missions and enjoy the scenery. At those settings, LOMAC was the best looking flight sim on my computer.

Two months ago I upgraded to ATI X800XL, P4 3.4G and added a second Gig of memory. When I fired up LOMAC, my wife noticed the difference - she looked over my shoulder and said "look at all the trees - I don't remember those before". She was right - LOMAC looked like a whole new flight sim. It is still the best looking flight sim on my computer...

Between having a Falcon 4 looking sim that runs fast maxed out and something that looks like it was written this millenium, but needs to be reigned in a bit to run on today's machines (LOMAC), I choose both. But, LOMAC gets 100X of my time over Falcon...

For that matter, Janes WW2 fighters gets more of my time than Falcon 4.

Thats my $.02

I know LOMAC will be on my system for some time to come.

Arizona

Again im just wondering if any PC is capable of such punishment under conditions I wrote. Does anyone posses such PC and what are yours FPS? Nobody didnt post their FPS. Can you stay above 25 at such settings? Cmon folks!

I guess not!

Here you can find some fps examples of my preferred setup (16x12).

(BTW my pc is 1 year old next month)

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=11147

I have also a question for you: Try to guess in what settings this mig29 screenshot was done.

http://users.skynet.be/VandenHaute/locon/mig_eadf_3.jpg

PS. You can wait 5 years before a system is capable of maxing out settings in 1900x1500.:icon_wink

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

well, just to clarify things, i play maxed out, 8aa 16af and i get smooth game, it does get lower than 25, but that is if A there is like 875598375399013 fires or things happeing onscreen at once, or when low low over some serious town/city with things happening.

Basically, i get a uber smooth game but with the odd slow down, which is common for every game that seems to come out nowadays.

I get a stable 50-60ish fps in pit, when outside view that can rocket into the hundreds, dependingon the view.

I guess not!

Here you can find some fps examples of my preferred setup (16x12).

(BTW my pc is 1 year old next month)

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=11147

I have also a question for you: Try to guess in what settings this mig29 screenshot was done.

http://users.skynet.be/VandenHaute/locon/mig_eadf_3.jpg

PS. You can wait 5 years before a system is capable of maxing out settings in 1900x1500.:icon_wink

Your settings are 1600x1200, afx16 and vis. range at medium. Terrain preload is maxed out. But where do you have all the trees?

Your settings are 1600x1200, afx16 and vis. range at medium. Terrain preload is maxed out. But where do you have all the trees?

You see I got you! That is my point. In 16x12 you can’t see the difference for certain settings:

TRN PRLD was only on 50km!

The same goes for water medium or high and VISIB RNG on medium (I can’t see difference)

PS. I guess too high for trees.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

AMD 4400+ Dualcore, 2gb Dual Channel Pc3200 Corsair XLL DDR Ram 2-2-2-5 1T, Dual XFX 7800GTX's SLI 256mb/512mb, Dual 200gb WDC Raid 0, 160gb Barracuda, 120gb Samsung spinpoint, Audigy 2 ZS, Sony 2xFDD & Memory Stick Reader/Writer, Saitek X45, Dual 12v Rail Enermax 600watt EG701AX Noisetaker

I still doubt, that this system will outmax LOMAC's requirements in terms of max FPS above other systems with less features:

A dual core CPU is nice, however, as long as both the OS and the game (LOMAC) isn't supporting this technology (or is at least optimized to), it remains a 32bit program gaining no benefit from dual core except from CPU speed in general. You can run several tasks in parallel on this machine, and one will not slow down the other as on single core CPUs before, however, LOMAC and the FPS rate will not benefit from this.

LOMAC will run not faster on it than on any other CPU at 2.2 GHz (OC or not) because of the CPU speed, but the Cache of 1 MB might speed up processing a bit.

Same with an Athlon XP 64 CPU in general. LOMAC is not optimized for 64bit processing, so no speed gained here...

Fast RAM is a factor, so this will speed up, definitely.

With a Raid 0 system, HDD access is very fast, however with already 2 GB of RAM on the board, there is no need for much HDD access anymore.

Grafix cards are very fast, and that might be the biggest accelerator here, although the drivers must support LOMAC (thinking of dual-SLI and other gimmicks here)

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

A dual core CPU is nice, however, as long as both the OS and the game (LOMAC) isn't supporting this technology (or is at least optimized to), it remains a 32bit program gaining no benefit from dual core except from CPU speed in general. You can run several tasks in parallel on this machine, and one will not slow down the other as on single core CPUs before, however, LOMAC and the FPS rate will not benefit from this.

LOMAC will run not faster on it than on any other CPU at 2.2 GHz (OC or not) because of the CPU speed, but the Cache of 1 MB might speed up processing a bit.

Same with an Athlon XP 64 CPU in general. LOMAC is not optimized for 64bit processing, so no speed gained here...

You're absolutely right when talking about the benefits of dual cores, hyperthreading, and 64-bit processors.

But yuo lie!1!! when talking about raw clock speeds. Be damn sure an AMD 64-bit processor at 2.2GHz will run faster than a P4 at that speed ;)

It certainly is not the memory that increases FPS!

Note also that my FX-55 is only on 90% while running a

huge air battle in 16x12 (4xAA, 8xAF).

For example: ”Panzers phase II” needs the double memory of FC 1.11.

With 1GB you have more than enough memory.

More memory increases only load times @ startup.

Do the test yourself: alt-tab (go desktop) and ctrl-alt-del

Choose the processes tab and click on memory.

fc_memory.jpg

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
I still doubt, that this system will outmax LOMAC's requirements in terms of max FPS above other systems with less features:

Fast RAM is a factor, so this will speed up, definitely.

With a Raid 0 system, HDD access is very fast, however with already 2 GB of RAM on the board, there is no need for much HDD access anymore.

Grafix cards are very fast, and that might be the biggest accelerator here, although the drivers must support LOMAC (thinking of dual-SLI and other gimmicks here)

who said it did out max lomac ?. cuz whoever it was would be f**king stupid to think so.

As far as I am concerned, I play fully maxed, aa8 af16 and i get smooth fps, it still falls below 25fps in certain ares, but only for a few/split seconds. on the tarmac, its low, but once airborne thats it. smoothness all the way.

The video cards as i have mentioned before, dont do jack for lomac, well they do, but most of the resources are the cpu, whats makes it better for me is, i can dedicate 1 whole cpu to lomac, wheras a similar specd single core cpu cant, it has got to run windows and all the other stuff alongside it. me i get the smoothness, cuz nothing, or nearly nothing is running on that cpu alongside lomac. Remember now, since i use dualcore, I have gotta force lomac to run on cpu 1. which is basically a spare unused 3700+ cpu just waiting to be tapped.

Also the new dualcore optimized drivers from nvidia now make me get higher scores than a same specd pc, with an fx55. everything the same except cpu. 12000 3d mark 05 with out any over clocking.

You get me a stock 3700+ single core cpu and we compare, and i can promise you, the stock 3700+ cpu with similar or same specd pc will lose. Main reason being, is that it has to use a crapload of its resources just to run the operating system, drivers, etc etc.

OW, you said a system with less features, so hows about, your oced 3000+ 2.4ghz pc,up against lomac on one core of my pc, you want to go for it ? afterall its got a faster clock speed than mine...

Simple answer to the question is, No.

Not with everything in the options menu maxed out. not playable. ie: mirror high detail,reflections,very high water,vis range high.........even with no AA and no AF. Brings my system to it's knees.

Also you must have read my mind. Krasnodar has always been my testing ground because there are over 25,000 objects rendered.

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

man if this machine

AMD 4400+ Dualcore, 2gb Dual Channel Pc3200 Corsair XLL DDR Ram 2-2-2-5 1T, Dual XFX 7800GTX's SLI 256mb/512mb, Dual 200gb WDC Raid 0, 160gb Barracuda, 120gb Samsung spinpoint, Audigy 2 ZS, Sony 2xFDD & Memory Stick Reader/Writer, Saitek X45, Dual 12v Rail Enermax 600watt EG701AX Noisetaker

cant run lockon Maxed ...i really think we have a problem here....

I really wanna see what kind of hardware is needed to run Lockon MAXED...or it is just IMPOSIBLE to run smooth i mean something in the code...

But this kind of info is imposible to get..

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4