DCS Flying Legend Aircraft

Phantom88

I doubt ED would be doing propellers so suddenly, it looks more plausible to me that the flying legend would be a jet fighter/fighters. I expect it to include 2 fighters, the second one probably coming later with an add-on. So if I have to guess it would be F-4 and Mig-21. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I doubt ED would be doing propellers so suddenly, it looks more plausible to me that the flying legend would be a jet fighter/fighters. I expect it to include 2 fighters, the second one probably coming later with an add-on. So if I have to guess it would be F-4 and Mig-21. :thumbup:

Did you miss this post topol?

A good start would be to research the TFC collection :)

:)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Definitely :D I don't even know what TFC is :P

Let's just say the buck stops at TFC :D

http://fighter-collection.com/pages.php

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Definitely :D I don't even know what TFC is :P

TFC - The Fighter Collection. Might have seen them associated with Eagle Dynamics... ;)

Especially considering that the engine being used is "TFCSE - The Fighter Collection Simulation Engine"... :P

"The Fighter Collection Simulation Engine (TFCSE), developed for TFC by its associate company, Eagle Dynamics,"

http://www.thebattlesim.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

TFC - The Fighter Collection. Might have seen them associated with Eagle Dynamics... ;)

Especially considering that the engine being used is "TFCSE - The Fighter Collection Simulation Engine"... :P

"The Fighter Collection Simulation Engine (TFCSE), developed for TFC by its associate company, Eagle Dynamics,"

http://www.thebattlesim.com/

Still don't get what does "The Fighter Collection Simulation Engine" has to do with propellers. In here http://www.thebattlesim.com it says it is integrated in Lock on.

Damned crop-dusters... Why lose time and resources for one of them instead of investing them into DCS Fighter? When you draw the line which one will be sold more? Yeah that's right :) I mean just look at that in the TFC site:

http://fighter-collection.com/pages/aircraft/nimrod/index.php

nimrod_03.jpg

no doubt it has its fans but come on are you really gonna buy and play DCS Crop-duster?

Edited by topol-m
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://fighter-collection.com/pages.php

See if you can find "Flying Legends" there.

Hint: it's the air show TFC does several times a year with it's fleet of "Flying Legends". ;)

As for DCS Fighter - work on that is continuing in parallell.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

As for DCS Fighter - work on that is continuing in parallell.

IIRC the "parallel" development of FC2 led to DCS A-10C delay, even though it was supposed to be "parallel" :)

To make money... Is that a serious question(?):D

Well some things make more money than others, to put it that way which one do you think would make more money DCS: F-16 or DCS: Crop-duster? You'd say the DCS Fighter is already in development but after it I'd prefer to see DCS Apache or DCS Cobra or DCS "Whatever modern helicopter or plane" instead of a crop-duster, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. All of these ^^ eventual DCS modules would make more money.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IIRC the "parallel" development of FC2 led to DCS A-10C delay, even though it was supposed to be "parallel"

Incorrect. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

lol don't make me go to the archives and interviews... "next module 9 months after Black Shark's release"? Anyone?

FC2 had nothing to do with that. ;)

Here's the thing: 9 months might have been possible and probably still is: but only if it assumes that there are no ambitions at all to advance the underlying technology. For example, if that's what you wanted, there'd not be the new sound engine, no self-shadowing cockpits, no HDR, no normal maps, no EDGE, no nothing. (From my own understanding of course, I'm not a programmer so my word is not gospel, but you are looking at the difference between making an FSX addon aircraft and making a new MSFS...)

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

FC2 had nothing to do with that. ;)

Here's the thing: 9 months might have been possible and probably still is: but only if it assumes that there are no ambitions at all to advance the underlying technology. For example, if that's what you wanted, there'd not be the new sound engine, no self-shadowing cockpits, no HDR, no normal maps, no EDGE, no nothing. (From my own understanding of course, I'm not a programmer so my word is not gospel, but you are looking at the difference between making an FSX addon aircraft and making a new MSFS...)

Certainly putting all the people working on other projects ...cough FC2 cough... could have sped up the process cause from December 2008 (or March 2009 depending on the version) to February 2011 it was way more than 9 months. Saying these people would not have helped at all for an earlier release is not serious, yes maybe not as far as 9 months but certainly would have helped released it earlier than it was actually released. So FC2 development slowed down A-10C even if you don't want to admit it :)

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Certainly putting all the people working on other projects ...cough FC2 cough... could have sped up the process cause from December 2008 (or March 2009 depending on the version) to February 2011 it was way more than 9 months. Saying these people would not have helped at all for an earlier release is not serious, yes maybe not as far as 9 months but certainly would have helped released it earlier than it was actually released. So FC2 development slowed down A-10C even if you don't want to admit it :)

If the flight models and avionics for DCS:Next are still being made, and until those areas are done work can't be carried out on 3d models or weapons, how would taking a 3d model artist or weapons programmer off another project help speed up DCS:Next?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Certainly putting all the people working on other projects could have sped up the process... Saying these people would not have helped at all for an earlier release is not serious

No offense, but this is just not how real software development works. Adding people after the project has been started actually slows down the process, it's a common and widely known fact in the software development world. For more information, research "The Mythical Man-Month".

Thanks for the link, I'll read the info. Fact is fact though DCS A-10C should have been released in 2009 yet it got released in 2011. From what I've read as of February 2010 the testers were testing FC2 and A-10C hasn't been ready even for testing (info from a tester). Whatever it was the reason for the huge delay it's a past story right now I sincerely hope the next DCS Fighter would not be delayed by all the projects developed in "parallel". Not that someone will admit it if it happens, form what I read in the DCS A-10C 60+ pages thread it was never officially stated why the Hog got delayed so much. Not that such details are so important even if I'd love to have more openness and honesty on these forums.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Should have been released in 2009 according to YOUR schedule.

Remember: back then, the plan was for A-10A, not C, and AH-64A was also there. ;)

Here's the thing: the A-10C was not delayed beyond that it didn't make the X-mas 2010 release plan. That's it. You are suffering from selective memory and mixing up disparate sources of "information".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Should have been released in 2009 according to YOUR schedule.

Remember: back then, the plan was for A-10A, not C, and AH-64A was also there. ;)

Here's the thing: the A-10C was not delayed beyond that it didn't make the X-mas 2010 release plan. That's it. You are suffering from selective memory and mixing up disparate sources of "information".

Well what is this then?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=681118&postcount=285

back then ^^ it was not about DCS A-10A but about DCS A-10C. If there is one source of information I'm sure about it's gonna be GGTharos.

Be honest about it, I think my eyes are not lying to me when I read this, and certainly Tharos is not mentioning "MY schedule".

Edited by topol-m

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]