MP Missions and 1.5 Open Beta

Considering some of the problems that I and others have had with pre-1.5 MP missions running on the 1.5 Open Beta MP server, I just thought I'd mention that I have been having much better luck by avoiding exposing them to the 1.5 ME. I do editing in the 1.2.16 ME and then just put them into my saved games DCS Open Beta missions folder and run them from there.

Did you get the one working with the Slmod to Radio conversion?

WC

Yes, apparently when it crashed before it didn't have anything to do with your conversion. Thanks again.....by the way, I sure would love to get OP Saturn converted if you have time and it's not too much trouble. It doesn't look like slmod will be available any time soon.

Thanks again.

A couple of things --

1. 7th event Switched Condition (R4) runs Script R2.

2. Switch Mission, 3rd event from bottom, references a diff miz fle V2.0.

Still looking for the scripts, but they are in there, I can see them in the mission file.

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

OK, I made the changes and it has a good chance of running in DCS 1.2.

I had to add Mist to replace the Slmod function --

slmod.msg_MGRS( string text, table units, number numdigits, number display_time, string

display_mode, string coa )

with mist.msgMGRS --

{
units = table UnitNameTable,
acc = number accuracy,
displayTime = number displayTime,
msgFor = table recipients,
text = string text,
}

The mission is only good for v1.2 because v1.5 requires a new Mist that I don't have yet, plus I don't have 1.5 either -- yet.

I removed the Blue Ship that was carrying the Slmod scripts, and removed all events that called these scripts, so it should run in v1.2 with or w/o Slmod.

Can you verify that it works in v1.2? It is easy enough to load in the new Mist with a Do Script File, but depending upon the new Mist file name the old one may need to be manually removed from the mission file in the .miz.

I fixed the script for R4, and the Load Mission event to point to this mission. Also corrected some spellings in the MGRS output texts with Notepad++'s checker.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

May be that I did not set up the Mist functions properly. I think this function needs to include the 'mist.msgMGRS', followed by the bracketed text that is in the ten events and Do Script Action.

mist.msgMGRS{
 units = table UnitNameTable,
 acc = number accuracy,
 displayTime = number displayTime,
 msgFor = table recipients,
 text = string text,
}

Oh yeah, I have to fix it DOH

WC

Edited by Wrecking Crew

.miz file validated for Mist 4.0.57; the file name is specific so the old one got auto-removed from the .miz. Try this one.

WC