Well Done E.D. ! It's getting better & better, nicer and nicer ;)

HungaroJET

You can find A-10C beta 1 and 2 if you use Google.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beautiful..how would a F-16 look next to this Hornet? i tell you..sexy! i'm waiting for the fc3 release, i bet you are going to have a HD F-16 till then,..maybe even mine :smilewink:

I show You John. ;) These shots to you

Choose your favorite (from the previous page too)

screen121006020058.jpg

screen121006020248.jpg

screen121006020423.jpg

screen121006020850.jpg

screen121006021002.jpg

screen121006021149.jpg

screen121006021355.jpg

screen121006022318.jpg

screen121006022427.jpg

screen121006022626.jpg

screen121006022928.jpg

screen121006023116.jpg

screen121006023306.jpg

screen121006023651.jpg

screen121006023956.jpg

screen121006024030.jpg

screen121006010621.jpg

screen121006013233.jpg

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

You can find A-10C beta 1 and 2 if you use Google.

Good tip,

I've actually held on to my nevada folder tooth and nail...lol

I was thinking for the newer folks. Probably won't happen though, what with the new and improved nevada on the horizon

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

@HungaroJet-woooow, these screens look so great! fist time when i saw them i didn't realise it was my Viper. Anyway, as good as it looks this one, i'm now working at a brand new Viper, made only for FC3 or DCS, exported as .edm with shiny materials. i'm now at the stage of texturing it and i'm working at a cockpit too. I have a question, because you know better, how would a 4096X4096 texture be working in FC3? do you think it would crash the FPS?

@HungaroJet-woooow, these screens look so great! fist time when i saw them i didn't realise it was my Viper. Anyway, as good as it looks this one, i'm now working at a brand new Viper, made only for FC3 or DCS, exported as .edm with shiny materials. i'm now at the stage of texturing it and i'm working at a cockpit too. I have a question, because you know better, how would a 4096X4096 texture be working in FC3? do you think it would crash the FPS?

Hi John, yes that was your Viper. ...and i dont think large textures will degrade FPS, it will need video card memory - with 2GB or more wont be a problem i guess.

Well, the A-10A/C uses 12*2048*2048 textures (and few smallers moreover), so if you are going to use no more than 3 or 4*4096*4096 then textures will OK for DCS.

Anyway, your "old" model looks great in DCS and im looking forward your next Viper. :thumbup:

If you need helps with your work (ideas, suggestion about animations, lights, arguments, connectors, collison model, LODs, phisical positionings: wheels on ground, struts, AB-cone, wingtips, pylons, or materials/textures: self-illuminated/specular, or with testing), please drop a PM to me.

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

This model by ED?

Hi Flanker !

John_x made this model few yers ago, i just converted from LOM into EDM.

As i know he works on a new, updated, more detailed model.

BTW: How's your job going ? (making F-15 skins)

I hope you will make one Saudi and some Japanese skins also, and i also hope E.D. will add more countries officially into DCS (as Eagle Operators)

ps. : do you know who made the nice new F-18C and MiG-31BM models ?

I guess F-18C was by GK but im unsure about the MiG-31 model.

(I do not want to disturb them, id like to make only some small proposals/suggestions)

Edited by HungaroJET

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Flanker !

I hope you will make one Saudi and some Japanese skins also, and i also hope E.D. will add more countries officially into DCS (as Eagle Operators)

I finished the skin Aggressor Squadron.

Now I have almost finished my new skin for F15.

0_7780d_f9aa33e0_orig

(I do not want to disturb them, id like to make only some small proposals/suggestions)

Mig31 model made GK

Model F18 did Timur Tsygankov

Edited by Flаnker

Now I have almost finished my new skin for F15.

Thank You for the info...

about your skin: very nice :thumbup:

This is the famous but forgotten Ferris Scheme (F-15A/B) which did not fulfil the camouflage hopes/expectations.

Maybe you have enough pictures of the paint but iv found some (old) pics more to you:

15fer1cpy.jpg

15ferr.jpg

I quess the left inlet and front part of left wing is unfinished.

http://users.skynet.be/exotic.planes/htm/other/schemes.htm

Edited by HungaroJET

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HungaroJET

Have you any links where I can see the skins for ground vehicles (tanks) ?

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Hello, you can use ModelViewer to identify name of skins by models.

You can find skins in zip. files in the Bazar/World/Textures folder.

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for answer HungaroJET.

In the archives, I found a file bmp-3-okras.bmp.dds Is it possible to to use this skin for normal bmp-3 ?

I see in the game only (winter and summer) skins.

One more! Sorry to ask the questions in the topic of airplanes and helicopters!

Может по русски? :)

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

In the archives, I found a file bmp-3-okras.bmp.dds Is it possible to to use this skin for normal bmp-3 ?

Если что то интересует спроси тут: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=16217&page=248

Я помогу

Not a problem writing about vehicles but unfortunately im not good in russian :(

as you see there are 3 types of BMP in the game.

The models use many textures but the main/primary textures are:

bmp-3_summer

bmp-2_summer

bmp-1_summer_01

You can see in ...\Bazar\Liveries\bmp-3\RUS_winter/description.lua file this row:

{"BMP-3_Main", 0, "BMP-3_winter.bmp", true},

This is a winter skin. There are also a russian skin in the Rus_summer folder.

You can make/edit a new skin. 4xmpl: named to "BMP-3_my_skin.bmp"

You need to put your new texture into the BMP-3_"season" folder.

So if you have a non-russian spring skin put into spring folder.

if you have a russian spring skin put into RUS_spring folder.

After it you need to edit the description file:

You can assign country also just like in aircrafts description file but firstly you need to edit original row: {"BMP-3_Main", 0, "BMP-3_winter.bmp", true},

to this 1:

{"BMP-3_Main", 0, "BMP-3_my_skin.bmp", false}, <-- - you dont need to use dds extension

if you have file name "BMP-3_my_skin.bmp.dds

Dont change "BMP-3_Main" - this the name of the 3D material.

"0" means DIFFUSE map for texture channel

more here:

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/EDM_plugin#Misc_2

but you need to change "true" to "false" if your skin is not in the main bazar/world/textures folder

Edit: you can use/make specular maps/textures also: i saw specular textures for BMPs too in the Y6_FInal_Texture.zip (however DCS not uses yet - in description files)

{"BMP-3_Main", 2, "BMP-3_my_skin.bmp", false}

Edited by HungaroJET

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HungaroJET

Thank you again! :)

( Спасибо. )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi HungaroJET

Have a something new for us? :music_whistling: Maybe new pictures UH-1H Huey ? Or something else. (something nonstandard) ;)

Thx.

NEVADA?!?!

Some still have their early DCS A-10C beta installed and are using those files.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 3 weeks later...

TY Elchacal

...Here come a WIP after-added reflection and self-illuminated AB textures for MiG-29

Reflection is over-exposed/over-scaled (for testing) therefore you can see some strange colour on the edges

screen121111235829.jpg

screen121111235934.jpg

screen121112000030.jpg

screen121112000209.jpg

screen121112000224.jpg

screen121112001641.jpg

screen121112001526.jpg

screen121112001739.jpg

screen121112001759.jpg

screen121112001838.jpg

screen121112000757.jpg

screen121112000855.jpg

screen121112001310.jpg

Edited by HungaroJET

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Flanker !

John_x made this model few yers ago, i just converted from LOM into EDM.

As i know he works on a new, updated, more detailed model.

How do you do that? Is there any way to open a .lom file and convert to .edm? Or you must have the original 3d model in .3ds format and then you fit to .edm?

This would be great to convert 3GO flanker and combatace su-33/30!

Ps: JhonX I loved your f-16 model and look great in world!

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

@HungaroJET dude,

:thumbup:

your a machine...

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||