FC3 Bug thread

Here is the Mig29 manual (English translation) of the HMS mechanisation:

Shlem29.jpg

As I understand it the pilot needs to keep looking at the target through the monocle reticle throughout the acquisition phase. The Reticle being displayed on the moncle (as in BS) means when you lock the reticle cant just lock to the target and stay overlayed over the target. In LOMAC and FC1 through FC3 as soon as you lock the HMS circle stays attached to the target as if the lock circle were being displayed on a full HMS visor type system or virtual HUD ... or a pseudo TD box. Reticle presentation should be much the same as you get in BS.

I surmise however it makes sense that once the seeker head is locked as long as missile gimbal limits are not exceeded the missile seeker will track the target (and pilot will continue to hear IR tone) without the pilot having to keep the reticle on the target. If the missile seeker gimbal limits are exceeded the seeker drops lock and the tone is removed. So in western terms once the pilot has got the seeker looking at the target through the reticle (hears tone) he uncages the seeker head that continues to track the target.

Edited by IvanK

I'm having a wee bit of trouble understanding the nature of the bug here. Would you please elaborate, specifically in relation to current FC3 behaviour, ie what is happening now that should not be happening?

Ta

Let's say you fly level. A contact at -8°, down from your nose appears on the IRST scan mode in the proper "-8°position" in your HUD. Thats the basic. But if you are in the same position relative to the target, AND your nose is not level but let's say -20°, nose down, you still see the target the same place in your HUD. That would be true for the radar, as it try to correct this (within gimbal limits of course) but not the IRST. So, if I climb 45° to intercept a high flyer, and I point my nose directly to the target (lets say i got visual by conning) I should see the target at the center of my HUD.

So technically the scanning zone center is fixed to the aircraft long. axis.

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

Viper I think the consensus is that the MIG29 EOS system cannot be slewed by the pilot in elevation at all. In this respect the current MIG29 FC3 mechanisation is correct.... assuming the scan volumes are correct.

However in the MIG29 the EOS can operate in 2 modes WIDE and NARROW.

FC3 in this respect is incorrect since no WIDE or NARROW selection is possible.

In WIDE it is a fixed autoscan of +-30 degrees in azimuth and -15deg to +15deg in pitch. No Azimuth slew is available in wide. (At present in FC3 the EOS scan can be slewed Left Centre and Right. so If the current FC3 scan volume is +-30deg in azimuth and -15 to +15 in pitch then all that is required is to remove the azimuth L R slew option. This then would achieve an accurate MIG29 EOS WIDE mode.

In the second MIG29 mode NARROW (not currently selectable in FC3) the Auto scan is +-15 deg in azimuth but still -15deg to +15deg in pitch. Given the smaller NARROW scan volume the scan and update rate is quicker. In NARROW scan the scan volume can be slewed in Azimuth 15 left centre to 15 right. Again no Slew in elevation.

The elevation scan centre point is the aircraft's Fore and aft axis or ZSL/FRL it is not horizon stabilised (as the radar is). So as the pilot moves the nose the whole scan goes with it.

WRT the SU27. IMO insufficient data has been presented in this thread to clearly state the case. We know the SU27 system is more capable with better detection and more pilot selectable azimuth modes (4 I think) and possibly slewable in pitch.

The HMS mechanisation is incorrect in FC3 and has been in LOMAC, FC1,FC2. Sov13T describes the correct operation clearly in his post. EDIT Esac_Mirmidon post 333 describes HMS mechanisation.

Corrected with red what is wrong, apart form that, right.

Excpet the bottom with HMS that it is correct. It is not, in terms that it don't follows the target after acquisition.

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

It never occurred to me because I don't see the point of using FiFo mode to launch a Radar missile. Does not FiFo mode simply provide a missile Boresight reference to help get an IR acquisition tone for IR missile launch ?

Selecting FiFo mode in FC3 also automatically selects the first able IR missile. Missile step will then only cycle through those IR missiles on board whilst still in FiFo mode. ... Makes sense to me.

In the case of the R77 with a no lock launch (similar to Visual AMRAAM launch or even an AIM7 FLOOD launch) I would assume that just launching the R77 with the target basically in the HUD would be sufficient .... i.e. similar to the AIM120 Visual reference HUD circle... it certainly works that way in FC3, R77 goes active straight of the rail with a No lock Missile Override launch.

FiFo doesnt provide FLOOD illumination on a Missile Override no lock R27 launch.

So imo FiFo mode is working as advertised.

My apologies. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth.

Fi0 mode is supposed to simply provide the visual cues to place the intended target within the the missile seeker's field of view and allow you the means to launch it once it has a lock. I don't know in reality, if it should only work with IR missiles. But it seems that it could work for both IR and ARH missiles. In the sim it doesn't. In the FC3 manual, it states that it does:

Fi0 (Fi-Zero) is a backup mode in case of failure of the fighter weapons control system (WCS) radar and IRST sensors. This mode is selected with the [6] key, but can be used only with active radar (ARH) or "heat-seeking" infra-red homing (IRH) missiles which have seekers capable of acquiring the target independently of the fighter’s sensors. --pg 43

And I can't find any other way to launch an ARH missile if both radar and IRST are down. If it's a feature, fine. If it's a bug, I'd like it looked into.

Again, my apologies.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Bugs evident in naval operations with the Admiral Kuznetsov.

I created a training mission with landing the Sukhoi 33.

To make the mission more realistic I put several aircraft AI, such as helicopters and other Sukhoi 33.

The behavior of the aircraft AI is ridiculous, coming into conflict with each other over the bridge of the aircraft carrier.

A Sukhoi collided on the bridge with a helicopter and another Sukhoi crashed into my parked on the Sukhoi aircraft carrier.

A Sukhoi damaged the deck of the Admiral Kuznetsov, loses contact with the carrier and remains still, suspended in the air as the carrier moves away.

Glzzll.jpg

I kindly ask to Eagle Dynamics to eliminate these ridiculous bugs. Thank you.

List Updated:

1 - F15 Gear up = black textures

2 - Mig29S external fuel tanks not displayed on fuel tape # Feature and working as intended - *Under Revision* *Resolved*

3 - F15 ADI switched

4 - F15 Virtual head movement excessive

5 - Russian planes Cannot lock contact in TWS

6 - AK arrestor cables not animated # Fixed in latest revisions.

7 - SU33 loadout indicators reversed in cockpit

8 - Refuelling F15/SU33 buggy

9 - F15 VSD text overlap when STT/Guns

10 - F15 external lights absent in flight

11 - Damage modelling to wheels/landing gear absent

12 - F15 HUD unreadable

13 - Russian planes Nav circle misalignment in ENR/RTN modes

15 - R27ER no loft trajectory *No Bug - As Intended*

16 - Mig31 nosewheel not grounded

17 - Canopy jettison animation wrong

18 - EOS scanning not functional in elevation

19 - SU-27 cockpit textures include English labels. Not consistent translation. Examples: MSL and GUN on the weapons panel

20 - SU27 entire RWR is in English

21 - SU-27 native HUD "ИЗЛ" symbol overlaps over distance scale in BVR mode with Radar on

22 - F15 HUD indications overlapping

23 - Su-25, Su-25T and Mig-29 Caution, Warning and Trim lights are in english instead of russian letters

24 - HUD contacts in front appears also in Rear Aspect Mode.

25 - Frontal aspect HUD contacts appears in Rear radar mode and can be locked

26 - SU33 Green HUD block at night effect

27 - A10 ADI switched

28 - F15 black cockpit pixelation when facing northerly direction (afternoon)

29 - MIG29 Command Airspeed in LDG mode way below minimum

30 - SU27 Command Airspeed in LDG mode slightly below minimum

31 - Graphical glitch (hash marks) in lower centre of SU27 HUD when zoomed out

32 - Graphical glitch (hash marks) in lower centre of SU33 HUD when zoomed out

33 - F15 no drag increase with external fuel tanks

34 - Flyables smoke pod colours are incorrectly designated

35 - Scripting for cobra not present

36 - AIM-120C/R-77 tracks target beyond gimbal limits ONLY IF platform's radar reacquires target *No Bug - As Intended*

37 - Ballistic AIM-120C/R-77 locks target beyond FOV/Gimbal limits ONLY IF platform's radar reacquires target *No Bug - As Intended*

38 - SU27 automated leading edge flaps on flanker are shown in pit instruments as regular flaps

39 - SU27 when leading edge flaps are operational audio is heard for normal flaps

40 - FC2/FC3 mission incompatibility *Resolved*

41 - F-15C CTD initiated by changing the weapons (CTD when the player lock in the NAV mode a target with the radar and change the weapons)

42 - SU33 floating on pitching AK deck

43 - SU27/33 weapon panel characters misalignment if the cockpit illumination is on

44 - G940 HOTAS FFB issues/not functioning correctly

45 - F15 unable to adjust altimeter pressure setting at all. *No Fix required - Not a design feature*

46 - F-15C antenna does not track PTD in elevation with TWS

47 - Air to Air missiles do not have INS *No Fix required - Not a design feature*

48 - ECM uses FC2 behaviour in DCS world

49 - Missiles expend too much speed when turning

50 - Short range missiles do not turn hard enough

51 - Virtual Pilot G-Tolerance is too low

52 - Helicopters are exhibiting stealth characteristics

53 - SU25A Airbrake Pylons keep defaulting to the Russian SU-25 1st skin and the bort numbers become an outline in external view when zoomed out. 54 - SU33/27, Mig29 RWR does not indicate A.I. missile launch

55 - Russian HUD guidance symbology in LNDG mode incorrect - missing glide slope error circle at certain runways

56 - Russian plane pilots have corrupted Pilot head textures at night

57 - Russian planes have corrupted landing light animations - MiG-29A,G/S and Su-27/33 have incorrect landing light animations

58 - Missile HOJ mode not functional

59 - Mig29 incorrect flaps deployed for player-controlled aircraft

60 - Multiplayer datalink not functional for Russian aircraft

61 - F15 no afterburner LED on right panel to indicate burner lit

62 - F15 flaps do not induce any drag

63 - F15 strange attitude/behaviour with crosswind landings

64 - AIM9 drops away before accelerating at launch

65 - Chimney smoke visible through undercast

66 - Mig29 flaps not extending to full 25 degrees

67 - Mig 29 flap extension animation incorrect

68 - Mig29 flaps blown in by wind at very low airspeeds

69 - Mig29 Chaff and Flare loaded amount incorrect when rearming in game, via the radio (Alt + ' ) menu

70 - Russian planes slip indicators and HSI offset from centre

71 - Multiplayer audio from other players not present (drogue chute)

72 - Multiplayer exhaust nozzle expansion not visible to other clients

73 - SU27 gets AoA warning of F15

74 - Water not visible in mirrors of FC3 aircraft

75 - Wingtip vapour effect missing from flyables

76 - SU25A antenna on nose cannot be seen from cockpit

77 - Contrails misaligned/too close to engines of aircraft

78 - Missile smoke discoloured/blue effect

79 - F15 does not repair

80 - Multiplayer clients do not see SU25A/T airbrake deployment

81 - F15 turbine fans not spinning

82 - F15 Gun pipper tracking issue (Impact point below target)

83 - SU27 Engines fully functional even when on fire

84 - SU33 Command IAS too low in LDG mode

85 - SU33 In-cockpit Weapons station indicator has 11 stations lit instead of 10

86 - SU33/27 and Mig29 Missile fire Zone computations bugged

87 - F15 Air intakes appears to be without any animation.

88 - Multiplayer Mig-29 repair on ground/at airbase not functioning correctly

89 - SU25A Wrong Chaff and flare count. 128 places instead of 256, model and skin shows 8*32 dispensers.

90 - SU 25A/T MDB-67-U 4*FAB-100 modell is incorrect, FAB-100 bombs too close to each other

91 - SU25A/T Gunpods operation cannot be asigned to axis

92 - Multiplayer disappearing player names from the menu in multi-monitor setups

93 - Missiles not aligned with weapons-pylon when SU-33 wings are folded

94 - R-77 not select-able whilst in Fi0 mode

95 - No TTI indicator on Mig29/SU27/SU33

96 - ILS Bugs/Inconsistencies in SU-27

97 - SU27/SU33 EOS not slewable in Elevation

98 - SU27/SU33/MIG29S lack EOS Narrow Mode Scan

99 - Russian Helmet Designator Circle stays on target after lock

100 - IRST sensor is Gimbal-Fixed in search mode

101 - No audio tone when HMS locks target

102 - HMS Targeting Ring behaviour/illustration incorrect

103 - Multiplayer: If client is killed by other player/unit he does not get losses in stats

Missed anything?

Shout.

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I don't know if this falls under #49, but I'll double check to make sure. The AFM ARH missiles bleed tons of energy coming out of lost because the turn too hard (ie, even if the missile energy bleed issues was fixed, the missiles pull too much g coming out of loft and will still lose a lot of energy).

GG said that this was because advanced missile guidance was not modeled, so it might not be a bug per say, just a feature that is missing at the moment. But I just want to confirm what bug #49 covers.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I don't know if this falls under #49.....

Yes, noted in the Bug report that it affects Short, Medium and Long range missiles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can hear voice-warnings after I eject from the aircraft (SU-27...not sure for the rest)

Track?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Track?

I will try to provide one, I have also heard warning's after ejecting in the F-15

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Saw a Su-33 flying with its wings folded. Sorry no track or screenshots.

Maybe it was lag in the private server?

"The art of simulation design is about understanding limited fidelity...

...compromises must be made. Designers have to consider cost vs. fidelity and processor time vs. fidelity. Additional trade-offs must be made between graphics, AI, flight models, number of units and more...

...never ask the pilot what he wants to learn because he too will end up building an airplane. Instead, ask the pilot what he needs to learn."

-Gilman "Chopstick" Louie

... F15 wheels not spinning/rotating when AC taxiing/TO?

Deadlines..... I love the sound when they go whooshing by.....

Windows 10 Pro w WARTHOG HOTAS and Crosswinds MFG Pedals;

i7 9700 @ 3.8GHz, Asus, 16 GB RAM; NVidia GTX 2070 GDDR5x VRam11Gb; 500Gb SSD; Oculus Rift S and a partridge in a pear tree :punk:

... F15 wheels not spinning/rotating when AC taxiing/TO?

i thought that was fixed with the latest auto update

"The art of simulation design is about understanding limited fidelity...

...compromises must be made. Designers have to consider cost vs. fidelity and processor time vs. fidelity. Additional trade-offs must be made between graphics, AI, flight models, number of units and more...

...never ask the pilot what he wants to learn because he too will end up building an airplane. Instead, ask the pilot what he needs to learn."

-Gilman "Chopstick" Louie

Super minor bug I agree :)

SU27 Pilots Knee pad insert. The Airfield list and underlying Mud map is of Crimea. Since Crimea no longer features (in terms of Airfields etc) it might be better to include a more relevant FC3 map and Airfield list

AfldlistFC3.jpg

strange graphical glitch???

how about this?

I have the latest version of DCSW and FC3 with windows 7/64.

My graphics card is GTX 580 and I just downloaded the latest driver : 306.97

This is what I see when I climb above Angels 25 (or 26 not sure) and I am almost sure it was not like that prior to 1.2.2? when I descend below 25000 feet the artifacts disappear... ?

Screen_121116_213013.thumb.jpg.487a7bfd87acc6a96636321920d286e8.jpg

Screen_121116_212854.thumb.jpg.2a3167aba0ed56716bec6172436fb8f6.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Landing with the F-15C proves to be problematic. The odd thing is that landing works very well at higher speeds, at which you shouldn't land an F-15C (even a simulated one...).:helpsmilie:

http://youtu.be/RczUMYETvuo

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

Landing with the F-15C proves to be problematic. The odd thing is that landing works very well at higher speeds, at which you shouldn't land an F-15C (even a simulated one...).:helpsmilie:

Thats odd, I dont have a problem landing slower than 150.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

got 2 more bugs for you Viper:

- Flaps sound is only heard from within cockpit, when in external view can't hear Flaps.wav sound and only hear FlapsEnd.wav sound

- In Su-27 when lowering flaps Flaps.wav sound is heard once, but when raising them Flaps.wav sound is heard twice (should be only once). In MiG-29 both raising and lowering flaps, Flaps.wav sound is heard only once (which is how it should be, so Su-27 should be the same as MiG)

No longer active in DCS...

Have a look at frame at second 0:39 and 0:40, you will see a whole on the runway to the left of the F-15C, that's the reason why your gear collapses.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Have a look at frame at second 0:39 and 0:40, you will see a whole on the runway to the left of the F-15C, that's the reason why your gear collapses.

Good catch!

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED