Su-25T Fully modelled.

westr

I decided to fly around in the Su-25T this morning. its been a long time since i've flown in her. I quickly remembered what a fine job was done on this flight model, it feels superb, the cockpit looks superb, the aircraft looks great external model is superb and all the weapons are modelled beautifully. I thought I would express my interest in turning this into a fully functioning module with full cockpit function. Once ED get on top of the current list of projects I think it would be a great consideration, some work on the aircraft has already been done, admittedly creating a fully functional cockpit is no simple task but I know I would buy the module. Has this ever been discussed before? And who else would like to see this happen in DCS?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I decided to fly around in the Su-25T this morning. its been a long time since i've flown in her. I quickly remembered what a fine job was done on this flight model, it feels superb...

+1. Recently I needed to test some of graphics settings so without thinking I've launched a first flyable plane which happened to be Su-25T. I've ended up configuring full HOTAS setup and flying it for a whole evening. Well, it flies like a brick but at the same time it's just pure fun. I can't recommend enough to get back to Su-25T for everyone that had a long brake from it.

I would love to see SU-25T fully modeled. Apart of it I think also F15-C and Su-27 could be also upgraded.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I too would love to see it fully modelled. I have little interest in the simplified avionics modules, but if the Su-25t, or even the older model, were fully done it would be one of my favourite aircraft.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I prefer a 25A over that a 25T but if the 25T is modeled without "licenses", that is for example modeled without SEAD, with the real and limited WCS and so on, yes It could be an interesting module.

Are you sure that you want a full fidelity SU-25T with all the real limitations?

It' s a joke... It could be a great module or modules.

Edited by Tarres

This thread keeps getting re-incarnated in some form or other.

However, yes - I'm a big fan of the Frogfoot, in any form, and would love a full version with Professional/External flight model (depending on who builds her), and advanced systems modelling.

Perhaps a slightly different variant? Say, the Su-25SM (if it's not to recent to model)?

That would leave the Su-25T alone as a "try before you buy" aircraft, and still give us Soviet era ground-pounders something new to play with :)

I prefer a 25A over that a 25T but if the 25T is modeled without "licenses", that is for example modeled without SEAD, with the real and limited WCS and so on, yes It could be an interesting module.

Are you sure that you want a full fidelity SU-25T with all the real limitations?

Do you have some references you could link here?

I'm not arguing, or trying to dispute you; you've just got me curious as to what the actual published capabilities of the 25T are.

Yes, a pair of books about the development of the 25 series, from Aerofax and Midland publishing and a pair of books from Osprey publising.

I will post their ISBN references later.

Maybe it could be better the TM variant, only prototypes from a 25T prototype conversion, to have "almost" the capabilities that the 25T has now in the sim.

Unfortunately the SM is too new, even when it' s only a modest upgrade.

Edit: references.

Aerofax and Midland Publishing: Su-25 the Soviet Union Tank Buster.

Osprey Publishing: Air Vanguard Su-25 Frogfoot and Combat Aircraft Su-25 Frogfoot in action.

Obviously the Ed team has a wide catalog of references and I could be wrong.

Edited by Tarres

What chapter of the book you read is the part of the "licenses" for SEAD? Maybe I need to read the books again to find out your 25T limitations.

When you use the word "real" I guess this is because you were personal participating in the flight test of this secret prototype.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Yes, this! There are lots of people who would love to have a full fidelity Su-25T, I just dont know why it didnt has been made yet. Instead of giving different versions of 2 aircrafts(harrier and Hornet) they should be making more red aircraft and stop messing around

Personally I'd prefer a version without any fancy tech or MFDs in the cockpit but any DCS level 25 would be fantastic. There's a huge thread about it in the Russian forum - make no mistake, ED would love to go to town on the 25.

Yes, I believe the problem is licensing the full versions for the entertainment market is the problem. Would love to see both su-25A and T fully simulated. A10-A also :)

Yeah, I’d love a fully modelled Su-25A too, particularly now we have a gps system that could be added as a navigation aid, which I think was where a lot of the ‘additional combat effectiveness’ of the first round of series upgrades came from (an improved navigation system).

Cheers.

That's the problem then, getting the licensing. They were able to get it for the Ka-50 and A10c, how hard would it be for the SU-25? What are the roadblocks to it?

It´s so hard that they haven´t done it yet.

KA-50 was done in cooperation with Kamov.

A-10C was an official product for the US Air National Guard that they allowed a despecced version of to be released.

The Roadblocks are russian laws, contracts, secrecy and other bullshit.

Stop assuming because plane A or B is being done, that means plane C is equally possible. It just leads to unrealistic expectations. Especially if those planes are from different countries or companies...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

The Su-25T seems to have been an experiment that went through several iterations - therefore, is there even a known baseline to 'fully model'?

I would suspect some Su-25SM variant would be easier to model in terms of available information.

Yes, I believe the problem is licensing the full versions for the entertainment market is the problem. Would love to see both su-25A and T fully simulated. A10-A also :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda