Touch Control i pad app. Touch and Voice control NADIR

Hawkeye60

With this app, I have made a working touch and Voice control NADIR.:)

I am only missing the key binds for the two switches and off/brightness control to have it be complete.

There are some points to consider,

1)The image on the i pad is static, ie: it does not reflect the in cockpit view. The "buttons" do highlight when pressed or when voice is used to provide feedback.

2)The app sends key presses or key combos to the sim, so key binds are needed for a control to function and need to be assigned in sim.

3)The app is not free and there are two add-on's needed ($1.00 each). It connects using WiFi.

4)There is no working digital display on the i pad. However, used with the NADIR export it does not matter.

5)Both touch and voice work at the same time. I have found using the voice commands takes some trial and error to find the best words to use. I am also using the i pad mic and a better mic may help with this.

5)You need to install a server on your pc. I have not found any effect on frame rates, although I have not tested it much. The server has crashed a few times when editing the layouts but a restart and it works again. No crashes in sim so far.

6)There in a delay while voice commands are processed and takes some getting use to. You need to say......each.......word.....clearly......and.....slowly. The in sim response is quite good once the command is sent.

7)This can of course be used in any aircraft.

Ive used this app for a while and have made a few set ups for other DCS aircraft, Falcon BMS and Janes F18, (Yes, I still fly it on my win7 64bit pc), most WIP. If there is interest here I will upload my configuration which will install into the server/editing program. The image i used for the Gazelle background was taken from the manual.

Have Fun!:thumbup:

I know I can't stop giggling and smiling since getting this Helicopter.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."