is there a SOI [sensor of interest] command

fitness88

Yepper

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Do you mean sensor control switch? I see 4 sensor control switches aft, fwd, left, right but no 1 command to cycle through the SOI.

By selecting the Right button control it will set the diamond to the left DDI thus setting focus to the radar.

Edited by bradleyjs

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

By selecting the Right button control it will set the diamond to the left DDI thus setting focus to the radar.

Yes I see that it is based on task orientation, which makes sense. Works like macros I have set up in my SST X52 Pro.

Too bad that the DDI pushbuttons are individually assigned to each DDI screen and not mapped generically based on active screen.

Too bad that the DDI pushbuttons are individually assigned to each DDI screen and not mapped generically based on active screen.

That would be a bad idea. There is no reason that you have to be the "active" screen for a button press to work. And by that I mean there is no reason you can't change options/select a different page on the left DDI while the right DDI is the active screen.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai, Kola, Afghanistan

That would be a bad idea. There is no reason that you have to be the "active" screen for a button press to work. And by that I mean there is no reason you can't change options/select a different page on the left DDI while the right DDI is the active screen.

I was referring to mapping controls only, to have an additional 20 push button commands written to respond only to the active screen. Keeping all the other pushbuttons as they currently are written.

This way you have 1 button to quick select the DDI only needing 20 PB instead of 60.

Edited by fitness88

Do you mean sensor control switch? I see 4 sensor control switches aft, fwd, left, right but no 1 command to cycle through the SOI.

If you assign the four directions of the Sensors to a hat on the stick, just hitting the sensor - Right, will make the right DDI your SOI, so you can begin slewing the TDC for Radar if, let's say, you had that on the right DDI. The diamond on top right corner displays after you hit the right castle hat switch...

Edited by Alphamale

Yes I understand this but to be able to go deeper into the menu would require the specific PB for the right MDI to be pressed. For the left MDI the same and so on...

The sensor control switch just sets up the MDI to a specific parameter.

Yeah, and as far as I can tell, there are only two pages so far that can be assigned as the "SOI"...they are the Attack A2A Radar and the HSI. None of the other available pages for the DDI's seem to need focus for operation, including the HUD repeater page...and that page, you would think it would need SOI status because of TDC functions that can be operated via the HUD...I'm too used to A-10C with the SOI thing

Yeah, and as far as I can tell, there are only two pages so far that can be assigned as the "SOI"...they are the Attack A2A Radar and the HSI. None of the other available pages for the DDI's seem to need focus for operation, including the HUD repeater page...and that page, you would think it would need SOI status because of TDC functions that can be operated via the HUD...I'm too used to A-10C with the SOI thing

I too had trouble, I think with the forward and left switch...not sure I know it was only working with 2 options.

Definitely not A-10C SOI command.