Updated Encyclopedia

Pizzicato

It seems as though there are a lot of items (especially weapons/munitions) currently missing from the encyclopedia (e.g. AIM-7F, AIM-7MH, CAP-9M, AIM-9L, BDU-33, CBU-99, etc.).

There's also a very wide disparity in detail between entries. Some of the encyclopedia entries contain lots of explanation and detail. Others feel as though they're little more than stubs.

The encyclopedia should really be the go to location for all pertinent info, but it's all rather lightweight at the moment. A thorough updating would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

The thing is that the encyclopedia is more or less the same it has been since FC1. None of the 'old' entries ever got updated at all, it's just new entries being added from the developers of each module when they get released. That's why there is such a huge difference in detail; there is no 'official format' and some of the old entries are literally just stubs now because that used to be all the information there was when the whole list got started.

I agree, I would also like a button to change the livery in Encyclopedia.... since it does that on model change it can't be too hard to wire it to a button

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

• 1 month later...

I agree totally. So many times, especially with new systems, weapons or units, I want to see what it is and my first instinct is to look in the encyclopedia, and almost always I dont find what I am looking for and revert to going to wikipedia...

-missing units and weapons/models/variants

-incomplete info

-different names than in the mission editor

etc...

One type of info that should be included in ALL entries in my opinion is the range/rate of fire/lethality, of a particular weapon since this is vital for mission building...

Since DCS mission editor units lists are based on model numbers, it would be really helpful to have an encyclopedia that has ALL the same elements that are included in the sim, dynamically, always!

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D