[KNOWN ISSUE] Afterburner effects activate too early

berk.kp

More important thing is that they look awful. So crappy compared to Hornet or Mirage for example.

Let me simply answer with a quote of Wags from some days ago, fitting perfectly for this and many other situations:

"Yep, there is ALWAYS at least one person that will find the negative in anything."

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let me simply answer with a quote of Wags from some days ago, fitting perfectly for this and many other situations:

"Yep, there is ALWAYS at least one person that will find the negative in anything."

You honestly think those effects look great? Look basically every else module in DCS with plane that has afterburner and compare those effects to F-14 and tell me that they don't look better. Viggen has this problem too which is Heatblurs product too.

You honestly think those effects look great? Look basically every else module in DCS with plane that has afterburner and compare those effects to F-14 and tell me that they don't look better. Viggen has this problem too which is Heatblurs product too.

I personally think the AB of the MiG 29 looks much worse especially when looking into the engines while the viggen looks fine for me but as you see different people have different opinions.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-14 has two low points: external sounds (not too bad but nto on par with F-18 and slightly bugged), and A/B effects.

Neither of which are by any means terrible IMO, but could use an improvement especially considering the level of everything else in this module ;)

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Can you guys please not hijack my post? :D

Main point is just it needs to be tuned to not appear too early so it won't clip with the not yet open nozzle. I think the afterburner effects look great, and I really appreciate Heatblur for creating their custom effects.

Agreed. Effect looks fine (distinct shock cones in all lighting conditions is silly and unrealistic)

The clipping issue should be fixed, hopefully just an animation timing setting and not requiring rework of the throttle response. May warrant some testing on how quickly each element responds, throttle to nozzles and reheat effect, engine rpm, and actual thrust.