Project F-15

walmis

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, its going to take a while. Its a hard job, I understand.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Walmis, I also like another F-15 model and you're trying to do this, it's a hard job but your model is an F-15C, I also like an F-15E Strike Eagle with crew of two. Could you try to do one another F-15E model more with two pilots in its cockpit, the F-15E airframe based on default F-15C model with some changes ?

It'll be now different from your F-15C model.

ouch, Im glad I just got rid of that for the rest of my life... :D

My PC specs below:

WHOA FREAKIN SWEET MAN

You just love blowing that thing up don't you? lol I just love how round it looks, is that a new afterburner texture? glad to see you got the damage model and animations to work out nicely.

I'm sure you got this covered but it doesn't hurt to point out in the night shot, is it possible to make the glass more transparent so you can see the HUD and such.

Anyway, on a less important scale (so you can release this in a future update or whatever): is it possible to create the radar in the nose of the plane so when it get's damaged you can actually see it, that would be a nice feature. And spinning turbines.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

is it possible to create the radar in the nose of the plane so when it get's damaged you can actually see it, that would be a nice feature.

Maybe, but i need photos, if you have any lying around, that woulde be helpful :)

I'm sure you got this covered but it doesn't hurt to point out in the night shot, is it possible to make the glass more transparent so you can see the HUD and such.

Havent done that yet.

This picture was from http://boeingmedia.com/

imageView104Medium.jpg

Note: I believe this picture was the F-15K or something so not sure if that looks the same as the F-15C, could anyone confirm it?

If you want you could do something similar to the damage model of the Su-25T where the side panel is blown off so you see all the stuff under it as shown in the picture above. But i think that would require a new set of skin since all the ones we have now doesn't have that feature unless you plan to include some textures with your model such as the cockpit texture...etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Screenshots time!

The model is mainly finished, now doing the polishing.

screenshot000lr2.th.jpg

Remenber to use the right shaders as you made for the missile pack, I see that the wing is not casting self shadows on the AIM-9 pylons. There is no texture on the canopy lower frame. But its still WIP I know. :)

Sweet model otherwise. Neat engine detail.

Interesting to note that ED never planned to texture nor correct the pointy thing between the engines wich they ommited.

This picture was from http://boeingmedia.com/

imageView104Medium.jpg

Note: I believe this picture was the F-15K or something so not sure if that looks the same as the F-15C, could anyone confirm it?

If you want you could do something similar to the damage model of the Su-25T where the side panel is blown off so you see all the stuff under it as shown in the picture above. But i think that would require a new set of skin since all the ones we have now doesn't have that feature unless you plan to include some textures with your model such as the cockpit texture...etc.

As GG says its not the correct version, this ones a very late upgrade wich exists only in a handfull of fighters.

My PC specs below:

Very nice! Walmis.

I have a couple of requests (as always :P ).

1. Please make the red lights at the wing root lit with other nav lights. Those are always lit in the photographs.

2. The current skin has some symmetric usages of the textures and these make asymmetric skinning difficult. Maybe you can add extra texture slots for those texturing or make another version of the model with new skinning format. (Japanese F-15 have many asymmetric color schemes.)

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

Speking of wich, is it possible to add extra cammos options and keep the stock ones? I would like to add japanese Schemes as well. I have them on my HD for some time wayting for a tip like this. :)

My PC specs below:

oh yea adding more slots to the skins is a must. We only get like 4 different versions of skins (counting the one for Israel ) The rest just basically changes the tail. Btw, i dunno how this argument is work in lock on but i've seen a couple of times when you get hit by guns, you actually see some bullet holes on your aircraft. Would that be on your F-15 as well, its not crucial or anything just an idea floating around my head. Or another idea is gear damage if we land too hard or decide to go crazy and belly land.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Remenber to use the right shaders as you made for the missile pack, I see that the wing is not casting self shadows on the AIM-9 pylons. There is no texture on the canopy lower frame. But its still WIP I know. :)

Sweet model otherwise. Neat engine detail.

Interesting to note that ED never planned to texture nor correct the pointy thing between the engines wich they ommited.

As GG says its not the correct version, this ones a very late upgrade wich exists only in a handfull of fighters.

I turned self shadows off, eats too much of my system :) Anyways, i will include two versions, one with per pixel specular for nvidia users, which looks better, and one for ati users.

Very nice! Walmis.

I have a couple of requests (as always :P ).

1. Please make the red lights at the wing root lit with other nav lights. Those are always lit in the photographs.

2. The current skin has some symmetric usages of the textures and these make asymmetric skinning difficult. Maybe you can add extra texture slots for those texturing or make another version of the model with new skinning format. (Japanese F-15 have many asymmetric color schemes.)

1. They are in the argument "strobe lights".

2. Unwrapping to a new skin format will take lots of time. The current one pretty good. The only thing that is symetrical is the side of the intake, and some little parts.

Speking of wich, is it possible to add extra cammos options and keep the stock ones? I would like to add japanese Schemes as well. I have them on my HD for some time wayting for a tip like this. :)

Well, i think it should, theoretically you can have unlimited skins, just i need to figure out how meinit handles skins. Btw, you can make a list of skins that you would like, and download links to them, so i could put them in the pack with cdds compression for better performance.

oh yea adding more slots to the skins is a must. We only get like 4 different versions of skins (counting the one for Israel ) The rest just basically changes the tail. Btw, i dunno how this argument is work in lock on but i've seen a couple of times when you get hit by guns, you actually see some bullet holes on your aircraft. Would that be on your F-15 as well, its not crucial or anything just an idea floating around my head. Or another idea is gear damage if we land too hard or decide to go crazy and belly land.

There are bullet holes on the wings, just need to add them to other places.