FA-18 Model Avaialble in Future?

And think about some of the terrain fixes and adjustments they'll be doing for the chopper addon. Maybe low LOD's for more objects, which (hopefully) would help w/better framerates.

Don't forget colimation with Track ir

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Yes, that will be a completely new engine ... there will be no other jets added to LOMAC AFAIK.

Well that sucks!

Not really :)

A new game engine with campaign and events and scripting is needed, and the AI needs some major brain surgery ... so it would suck more to just add those to LOMAC than to do the next project.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I'd at a guess say around 2-3 years since ED already has achieved alot so far and everything can be used to build on(like a template) to create a much better sim.

Except the aforementioned (and badly needed) changes to the AI, campaign, mission editor . . . . . .

Crazy as it may sound I actually prefer lockons mission editor over any other flight sim. You're right about the ai though, dc would be cool I wouldn't be surprised if it had one as dcs fit best with multirole aircraft. F4s proof of that.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

New Unclassified Manuals

Hello All

Regarding the difficulty in accurately modelling the Hornets systems. The four tacmans are classified, however it seems the navy are switching to a format similar to the USAF with the NATIP and NTRP documents which have both classified and unclassifed variants as the -34's, does this help with future plans?.

Blaze

Hello All

Regarding the difficulty in accurately modelling the Hornets systems. The four tacmans are classified, however it seems the navy are switching to a format similar to the USAF with the NATIP and NTRP documents which have both classified and unclassifed variants as the -34's, does this help with future plans?.

Blaze

It certainly helps with gathering information :)

As to whether we'll get a Hornet in the end . . . . there are more factors at play than just whether there's the info available, of course. More info never hurts, but the future projects list is always either secret, incredibly murky, or a combination of the two.

Or they just dont wanna do it.

As far as I know, Ed has quite a lot of data available at the present..

But I don't think that they've actually reached a decision as to whether they will add this bird into the lineup...

As we've discussed this in several other threads I think... The naval aspect of this simulation has been moved to the back burner for now...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

• 2 weeks later...
...Regarding the difficulty in accurately modelling the Hornets systems. The four tacmans are classified, however it seems the navy are switching to a format similar to the USAF with the NATIP and NTRP documents which have both classified and unclassifed variants as the -34's...

Hi Blaze1

Can you link an official/unofficial source about that?

Thank's in advance! :smilewink:

Bye

Phant

AMVI

On the other hand, you could just look the manuals up on eflightmanuals.com and buy them ... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Mmm... may be some parts of the manual? Even some pictures scans would be very usefull.

Still a no go, it's still considered S/NF even copies. Most manuals have a warning about copying, reproducing classified material. Maybe somebody in the FSB? :)

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Hi Blaze1

Can you link an official/unofficial source about that?

Thank's in advance! :smilewink:

Bye

Phant

Sure: https://airworthiness.navair.navy.mil/index.cfm?fuseaction=FAQ.home&faqid=6&btn=NATIP

Here are some of the topics you can expect to find in the unclassified Harrier AV-8B NATIP (NTRP 3-22.4)

1. Section 2.1.2 Air-to-Surface RADAR Modes and Operation

2. Section 2.4 Angle Rate Bombing System (ARBS)

3. Section 2.5 Stores Management Control Set (SMCS)

4. Section 4.1 Suspension / Carriage Equipment

5. Section 4.2 Air-to-Ground Stores

6. Section 4.5 Fuzing

7. Section 5.1 Weapon System Theory

8. Section 5.2 Controls & Displays

9. Section 5.3 Target Designation

10. Section 5.4 Delivery Modes

11. Section 5.5 Reversion Modes

12. Section 5.6 RADAR Attack Considerations

13. Section 5.7 Weapon Jettison

14. Section 5.8 Bombing

15. Section 5.9 Rocketry

16. Section 5.10 Gun Theory

17. Chapter 8 Weaponeering

Cheers

• ED Team
Hello All

Blaze

This definitely helps. But this does not mean automatically that we will get the information in some near future. Actually we got very usefull set of F/A-18A/B tech manuals. So Alpha/Bravo models are an option to implement.

Actually just technical manuals should helps us. For example - unclassified 'NAVAIR A1-F18AC-FRM-000 FA-18AB FAULT REPORTING MANUAL' contains very complete description of F/A-18A/B digital indicators symbology.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

Still a no go, it's still considered S/NF even copies. Most manuals have a warning about copying, reproducing classified material. Maybe somebody in the FSB? :)

High Eric :)

I have seen documents on the net in which the author refered to classified manuals. My understanding is that even though a manual may be classified (SECRET) it may have many sections within that are infact unclassified. So if one sentence in a 500 page document is secret (assuming all other sentences are unclassified) the entire document is labelled (SECRET)?

In the case I mentioned above the author used unclassified sections of the USAF MCM 3-1 (now AFTTP 3-1) to write the document.

Cheers

This definitely helps. But this does not mean automatically that we will get the information in some near future. Actually we got very usefull set of F/A-18A/B tech manuals. So Alpha/Bravo models are an option to implement.

Actually just technical manuals should helps us. For example - unclassified 'NAVAIR A1-F18AC-FRM-000 FA-18AB FAULT REPORTING MANUAL' contains very complete description of F/A-18A/B digital indicators symbology.

Hello Olgerd:)

Yes unfortuately it will probably be a number of years before the unclass NATIP manuals find their way into the public domain.

Regarding the technical manuals, I don't know much about these. I assume they don't contain operational procedure from the pilots/WSOs perspective? Or is the NATOPS/NATIP developed from the tech manuals in which case it could be information overload:book: :thumbup: ?

I any case I'm happy yourself and the team are finding the tech manuals useful. It looks like you've been shopping at CHQ:smilewink:

Blaze1