Bring this kind of action to the PC!! please please!

Hey guys,

ONE THING IS FOR SURE. Ace combat series always got the atmosphere right. Personally that is the most realistic graphics in a flight sim EVER. Its balanced. The colours are washed out like its supposed to be. I love that part of the hog in view..and the clouds at back.

If only the next lomac looked like this :p

Capture.jpg

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

it looks as a 3D demo though.... not actual sim....

I was always impressed by ace combat vids and screens, but when I watched it on PS2 in my local store, it was not even 50%... I mean those graphics look photoshopped, or at least not in-game footage.

anyway, overall graphics seem better than lomac, but gameplay isn't even one tenth... it's just a flying FPS ;)

Like most current console games, the visual effects are a generation ahead of sims like Lockon (the whole pixel shader 2.0 thing). The 3D-models and textures are generally better in serious sims.

I think what we should expect from sim titles to come is much better atmosphere rendering, like water, heat blur, smoke, reflections, etc. The most important area for improvement of serious sims seems to me advanced weather rendering. We no longer want to fly in a void but in the real thing.

This would require also far better weather physics simulation, like pressure, wind, humidity etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LMAO it may look good like a shiny mud guard but there is nothing underneath.:music_whistling: I hired one of the Acecombat games the other day for the PS2 its funny the comments you hear on it like fox 2 against tanks, a 100 missile load out and no real credibility as far as realism is concerned.

Well, at least you get to fly the YF-23. :P R teh h0t stuffz!

I love those comments 'The people of Farbanti celebrate in honour of their saviour Mobius 1 (that's you)!' Such a joyous moment :P

Seriously though, I had topgun fire at will and I loved it except for Two things. The fact I couldn't save the game for some reason (it was my first ever video game so I wasn't sure what saving was!) So I only got as far as the first few Korea missions. Secondly the scene where the MiG flies past you for the first time, I never got to see it! every time I remember the horrible disappointment of missing it.

What was with the TV screen in the cockpit? the one that showed you a live video of the bogey? That was weird. Radio chatter was nice, the bits I can remember. Oh and annoyingly I can't play the game on XP anymore, CD drives are too fast nowadays and you need an old serial port joystick. Shame cuase I still have it and often wonder about setting it up (as useless a try that is).

From memory you could only save game in between missions and it may have required a patch to work. I beat the campaign several times because it was quite adictive and I like flying the F-14. In order for you to get the best out of the game your pc would most likely have had to have a 3d card back then so that might also have been why you missed seeing the migs because I never had the problem of not seeing them fly past. The TV display is actually a feature on the F-14 although I'm not sure of the actual range that it should be able give you a visual on a target(IRST) and weather it should be displaying colour or infra red imagery IRL. The only other F-14 sim ever made worth flying was Fleet Defender which featured a clickable pit and you could do everything including turn the formation lights on. FD also featured the F-14 being used for what its designed for a missile platform and it had some cool missions although not as dramatic as Topguns.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Heh, don't forget going from 600+ knots to about 170 in about 3 seconds... Nazzzzzzzzzztie little airbrakes. In the spirit of arcade "fun", I don't see it getting much overhaul - AC has never been about true-to-life flight-modelling, or true-to-life ANYTHING. To my knowledge, AC4 has been closest to the real thing. Which isn't to say all that much, really... It probably only let you pull 17g. Life's hard, innit?