Black Shark Release Date

Like most of you.....i am near pulling my hair out waiting for Black Shark:joystick: to be released. Like some of you, i am putting together a high-end pc for Black Shark as well.

So here it goes.... What's the latest... if any... on the release date for Lock On Black Shark:pilotfly:

Thoughts???:)

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz (cooler master hyper 212 evo CPU FAN), ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO (Intel LGA 1150) motherboard, 16GB PC2400 DDR3 RAM, ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Video Card, Creative Soundblaster Z Pci-E Sound card, 750W Power supply, MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, Trackir 5, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound.

Trust me . . . . it isn't vapourware ;)

Black Shark remains under development and is taking shape very nicely - but plenty of bugs need to be squashed, and a couple of key features still need to be implemented, fixed, and tuned.

The team remain optimistic that Black Shark will be completed before the end of 2007, but software development is a very difficult thing to predict.

I will be released, when it's ready !

That cant be good :shocking:

;)

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Socket 939, Motherboard Abit AV8, Corsair DDR PC3200 - 4 x 512 MB

ASUS AX800Pro Flashed to X800 XT, Samsung CD/DVDRW, Seagate 2 x SATA 250G RAID, Creative Soundblaster XFi Xtreme music, Trackir 3 Pro, Saitek X52 Pro, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit

Too answer to your question: Look for FighterOps release date, Black Shark will be available before that, definately.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

ROFL, nice one Poko, nice one!

I concur and BGP's comment about a "hopeful '07 release" makes me think we're more realistically looking at '08...'tis just the way development goes but I, of course, would be happily proved wrong.

There's lots coming out November time to tide us all over though I guess, depending on peoples interests etc, to name a few:

Crysis

Quake Wars

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance

Call of Duty 4

Now if those don't waste some time we'd otherwise be tapping our fingers impatiently waiting for LOBS I don't know what will, and I'm sure when it eventually arrives the fidelity will blow our minds..and hopefully the ME will be as useful as we all want it to be (triggered events etc).

Anyone know if LOBS will have variable weather at all, or will the weather stay as per what you set it at mission start? Would be quite...er..."cool"...to start in nice weather but end up having to attack in poor weather and stuff like that...adds to the unpredictability for those having to fly it ;)

vampirware - it sucks my patience ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

FO, that is like the one with the promises and $15 coffee cups? Man, FO is like Duke Nukem 4, you see screens of it, yet it will never be released. Now with BS we don't see squat for a long time, then comes a movie, everybody crawls from underneath their stones and starts saying how awesome BS is. This is getting old, we need something better, like more of those tech demo vids.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

I'm I to understand that Black Shark is a helicopter sim with no fast movers and it will not merge with Lock On?

That there's the Million Dollar Question........

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

That there's the Million Dollar Question........

The question was already answered on the official LockOn.ru page:

There will be both a download and CD version. For both versions:

* If you already have Flaming Cliffs, it will add all the 1.2 content.

* If you don't have Flaming Cliffs, it will upgrade Lock On to 1.2 standard but it will not include the Su-25T and Flaming Cliffs missions and campaigns.

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Sometimes its better to ask a question, that you think you know the answer too, on the path to enlightenment!:smilewink: I own Flaming Cliffs so I will get all of the goodies that BS is selling. I say sign me up coach. However, this is contrary to rumours circulating. I am patient enough to wait and see, even though I am not from Missouri, (the show me State).

Thank you for the information Sierra.

PS How boring it would be without all of this speculation!!!:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried BS beta release that was presented at MAKS 2007 airshow and I was very impressed with the game.

I definitely must say that playability was great although I tried only one mission available but 3d Models and overall looks of the sim were really impressive.

Of course, I had a chance to fly simplified Ka-50 in terms of avionics and FM because anything realistic (read complex) might discourage anyone who's interested in trying the BS.

So my impression is that the BS is almost 100% complete so I believe there is not many days left before the release. Final preparations and touches might only add more to it so chances of playing BS in 2007 are great!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]