mission 3 broke sinse patch

Mission 3 (f15) wont work no more . i take off go to waypoint 2 ,then directed to wypoint 3 ,then back to 1 , all the time waiting for the hud cue to change before changing cource . Next thing i get told to get back on cource ??? then mision fail," i faild to maintain cap" .. Also if i cycle weypoints after being told to get back on cource it remains 1 on the hud but distances change as though its cycling throught the weypoints but still showing 1 on the hud .... weird

I have tried 3 times now each time making shure i stay exactly on cource and trigering the next weypoint,and exactly the same thing .. It used to work fine aswell :helpsmilie:

Just noticed this should probablly have gone in the lockon help desk... Sorry :doh:

Edited by evo6tme

Mission 3 is a CAP mission if I remember right. So you have two "station" waypoints: number 2 and 3. After 3 to stay on-station, go back to 2 - not waypoint one which sends you to your airfield and thereby off your station. In the briefing screen you have both altitudes and times for your waypoints - they want you to stay on the CAP station for a good while. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Just tried again same problem , when i get to weypoint 3 my hud tries to direct me to weypoint 1 and i cant select anyother weypoint . Now though i have found if i switch nav modes to ilsn and back again i can then cycle through my weypoints , and yes i was in nav mode to start with ( not ilsn) , Second time i tried this though my pc froze and needed a restart .

can comebody else try this with the pach installed becouse it wasnt happening before :cry:

Edited by evo6tme

I flew a couple of tests. In one attempt, I did have the same crash after the Nav. system switched back to Nav-1 and I selected first ILSN and then back to NAV. The second time this did not happen and after coming back to NAV, I was able to select between waypoints back to WP-2.

WP-3 is the last waypoint of the flight route before landing, so when you hit it, the system goes into "return" mode (still says "Nav" on the HUD), which guides you back to your airbase. At this point, when you hit "next waypoint", you are switching between different airbases, not different waypoint. To revert back to standard Nav mode, do as you did and hit "1" to cycle between ILSN and back to NAV. You will then be able to cycle your waypoints. However, to avoid the possible crash, I would suggest simlply cycling back to WP-2 shortly before you reach WP-3. For example, do so when 2.0 nm out.

Finally, make sure you are using the HSI to fly your route and not only the director cross on the HUD. The HUD cross only points to the direct heading to the waypoint; it does NOT line you up on the assigned course line.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules