DCS/Lock On Apache model on sale at Turbosquid??

I was browsing through Turbosquid.com, looking for AH-64 models on market and ran into these, created/submitted by author 'swelsh23', just recently on May 30th, 2010:

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/536884

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/535264

Taking a close inspection of these preview pictures, they look awfully similar to the AH-64D model made for DCS/Lock On FC2. Starting with intense similarity on the textures/skin features and the notable geometry aspect difference on the electronic bays, these look very similar. The DCS/LockOn AH-64D Apache has a slightly taller electronic bay at the very beginning section along the frontal aspect than the real-life AH-64D helicopter, and this geometry difference is also visible on the Turbosquid.com model.

I wonder if the Apache model for ED was made by a contractor and the same company that made it decided to sell it? Or may be it's just a coincidence and I'm being silly :S

Edited by blahdy

Most models that are made are paid for or bought and then placed into the game..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I wonder if the Apache model for ED was made by a contractor and the same company that made it decided to sell it? Or may be it's just a coincidence and I'm being silly :S

Unfortunately I think its neither.

If you click on his username(on turbosquid), you can see all the models he is offering: http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/swelsh23

Several of them are clearly from DCS.

JJ

Most models that are made are paid for or bought and then placed into the game..

That would be true, but look at the upload dates on the models, some are only a few days old...more than likely ripped from DCS... :disgust:

Just an example, the Harrier render he put with the model, now that is from DCS...

rafgr7greyside.jpg

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I'm not so sure, one would have to reverse engineer the .lom file structure to write a converter back to .3ds or whatever this guy uses.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I'm not so sure, one would have to reverse engineer the .lom file structure to write a converter back to .3ds or whatever this guy uses.

There is a program that can capture it.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

"zmodeller" already has such an import filter for the lom format and as Blaze said, there is another utility that can capture 3d meshes/textures regardless of format.

JJ

alls one has to do is pretend to be an artist and submit there 3-D models...

Look at the artist page..

Se any one familure there?

I wonder if ED is selling them or some one from there? :book:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

The AH-64D seems like a rip from DCS. It contains the same geometry aspect differences (or geometry 'errors') DCS model has, almost like bit by bit copy; although skin appears to be modified slightly on the Israeli camo.