notepad ++ question

hollywoody

Hi, I'm trying to edit some files with notepad++ but when trying to save them it wont let me...as before update 1.0.2 I could? I'm using windows 7 and I was trying to edit file within graphics.cfg and option.cfg. thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://WWW.VFA-113.COM

Win 8.1 i5-3570 3.4ghz-Trackir5-TM Warthog - Pro-Saitek Combat Rudders-Viso 43" 4k"

• ED Team

Maybe, you trying to save file, which is 'in use' (for example, game is running)?

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Hollywood, you are trying to edit files in C:\Program Files\somewhere\else.

Program Files is protected from users (including admins).

(Yes, you can change that - but dont turn off UAC. It keeps your Windows safe).

DCS/FC2 "userfiles" are stored in the C:\Users\<youruser>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50

So to edit a "userfile" you need to open the version that is stored there - and save it back into the same location.

If you do a lot of file-edits, I would recommend that you install Ka-50 in a place outside the C:\Program Files. For example C:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50.

This will allow you to edit the files directly in the C:\Games\Eagle Dynamics directly, without having to dig deep into the "VirtualStore".

Your own "custom folders" are not protected in the same way as C:\Program Files

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning