AMD Catalyst 11.4 WHQL

:D

i7-920 @3.8Ghz / MSI X58m / 8GB DDR3 / 2 x HD5770 / Asus-vw226h @1920x1200 / 2x OCZ Vertex 2 80GB SSD's / Win 7-64 / TrackIR 5 / Saitek x52 / Razer BlackWidow Mech Keyboard / Razer Deathadder

Stuttering or fps problems? Updated April 25/11: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68060

Check out this fantastic list of must have and FREE programs: http://www.logichaos.com/joomla/component/content/article/35-text-guides/82-ultimate-list-of-free-programs-for-windows.html

I've got 5770's and seems to be working just fine

i7-920 @3.8Ghz / MSI X58m / 8GB DDR3 / 2 x HD5770 / Asus-vw226h @1920x1200 / 2x OCZ Vertex 2 80GB SSD's / Win 7-64 / TrackIR 5 / Saitek x52 / Razer BlackWidow Mech Keyboard / Razer Deathadder

Stuttering or fps problems? Updated April 25/11: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68060

Check out this fantastic list of must have and FREE programs: http://www.logichaos.com/joomla/component/content/article/35-text-guides/82-ultimate-list-of-free-programs-for-windows.html

Oh please, I often don't even uninstall older drivers and just install the newer ones right over them and there is nothing flakey on my system. DriverSweeper just for a new driver? Ridiculous. In fact, these driver cleaners/sweeper can cause a lot more grief than a simple botched driver installation ever could. I suggest to stay away from them.

• Like 1

I also have the habbit of sweeping all leftover files and registry entries in safe mode after uninstalling the previous drivers.

Your system not being flakey doesn't necessarily mean that you are in fact also running all the proper files of the latest driver release. If you can have it clean and certain, why not go through the 5 minutes of extra work?

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Oh please, I often don't even uninstall older drivers and just install the newer ones right over them and there is nothing flakey on my system. DriverSweeper just for a new driver? Ridiculous. In fact, these driver cleaners/sweeper can cause a lot more grief than a simple botched driver installation ever could. I suggest to stay away from them.

+1, the Catalyst uninstall manager works pretty much flawlessly everytime from my experience.

Consider that AMD hires me to demo for them I think I know a bit of what I'm talking about. They hired me for both the 6800-series launch in October and for CES 2011 in January to show off Eyefinity projection demos.

It's best to clean out registry and orphined AMD files from System32 and SysWow64 that the installer misses. Since most of you people don't know which files those are, using a free driver cleaner works.

To give you a prime example, in the last 6 months the CCC has changed design at least 3 times and the installer has not always cleaned out everything old. It has lead to stability issues in many cases if you do a dirty install. In my particular case, it's lead to breaking some Eyefinity configuration options and to in-game stuttering on dirty installs.

If you question my credibility, I'm perfectly capable of giving you example links of my work with AMD. :P

Edited by BHawthorne

Not questioning your credibility, rather the credibility of some of these driver sweeper programs. I know not everyone is technically savvy and knows how to clean it out themselves, but some things you need to learn rather than rely on programs to do it for you. Mainly because of the risk you take using said programs.

Uninstalling when going to a new major release number like from 9.x to 10.x and from 10.x to 11.x have worked fine for me. Always uninstalled using the programs own uninstaller does the job. Never used any of the device cleaners, agree with KillaALF and Mustang on this.

(HJ)

"Working fine" based on one's experience does not equal best procedure. Placebo's work fine for some as well.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Here is a real-world example. Uninstalling 11.4 preview and then installing 11.4 release.

What the driver uninstaller log claims:

1154062411.gif

What is really left to clean out after a reboot:

driversweeper.gif

This is also one of the prime reasons why Catalyst drivers have such a bad reputation. Dirty installs directly effect hardware stability and induce operator error because people do not realize just what left around in your system directories and registry between driver installs. Do not blindly trust the uninstaller to clean out stuff. If at all possible learn what files and registry stuff needs to be removed, or just do what I do and use latest CCleaner and Driver Sweeper utilities in safe mode after the uninstall. Both are free.

Edited by BHawthorne

I had an issue where after installing the 11.3 drivers I could not get CCC to open. After reading many, many posts from people going back years this has been a common issue aftrer updating ATI drivers. Seems to be related to files not being cleaned out correctly by ATI software. After trying every conceivable removal program and different installs I ended up having to do a complete reformat and reinstall of windows. Only then did CCC load. So excuse me if I don't jump on the band wagon right away. I did read where 11.4 is supposed to fix that issue, so time will tell.

Edited by Lucky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Hello..

11.4 don't work at all for me...The loading screens and options screens all work fine but when

i start a mission and it finish loading the only thing i see is an all GREEN screen...?

dissapointing since the 11.4 promised improvments for the 6000 series...

I have two 6970

What could be wrong ?

11.3 works fine !

I had an issue where after installing the 11.3 drivers I could not get CCC to open ...IRW I am a ATI user since 1995 and this time they **** UP.

solution: use controlcenter from 10-12_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_enu.exe

sry

this mustbi stiki

sest paljud maailmas vaevlevad selle käes

Many in the vaevlevlad

fu you Guiin

Edited by nomorebms

AMD Catalyst 11.4c Hotfix (8.84.9 RC2 - April 27) Win7/Vista/XP x86/x64

Win 7/Vista x86/x64

Windows XP x86/x64

AMD Catalyst™ Driver 11.4c Hotfix Feature:

Resolves intermittent flickering issues seen in the following applications in a system using an AMD Radeon™ HD 6600 series graphics card with DDR3 memory and running in DirectX® 9 mode:

Civilization 5

Dead Rising 2

Fallout 3

Mafia 2

NBA 2010

ShenGuiChuanQi

Starcraft 2

Warcraft III

World of Warcraft

Build Info:

DriverVer=04/27/2011, 8.840.9.0000

8.84.9-110427a-118103E

Edited by Mustang

The grief comes when you don't use Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode. Anyone that could experience grief from installing a driver is ridiculous themself. I strongly suggest one use them in Safe Mode every time display drivers are updated. The post below demonstrates what happens when one doesn't use Driver Sweeper.

Edited by vortex360

I had an issue where after installing the 11.3 drivers I could not get CCC to open ...IRW I am a ATI user since 1995 and this time they **** UP.

solution: use controlcenter from 10-12_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_enu.exe

sry

this mustbi stiki

sest paljud maailmas vaevlevad selle käes

Many in the vaevlevlad

fu you Guiin

That is a known issue and the solution is as follows. Uninstall everything ATI in Control Panel. Reboot into Safe Mode and run Driver Sweeper. Reboot when prompted and then install the latest ATI display drivers. You will find that ATI's CCC will now open.