Multiplayer UI & CA module questions

xjiks

Hello guys,

I'm building some MP missions and actually don't have the CA module, so I have few questions:

-How can I restrict the players to control certain units, and be able to take control of other units, on the same coalition?

I mean if I create some units in the airport to give some "life" but I don't want the client connecting to the server to move these units. On the other hand there are units ready for war few miles away from airport which are there to be controlled by the clients.

- When a player connects to the server, if he spawns in a plane I can see the aircraft type in the player list, but the CA player seem to be "blue" or "red" but I don't know if they took the commander role or if they are game master, or anything else. Also, I cannot know which player is driving what unit ?

Thanks for your help.

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

Just curious, but if you don't have the CA module, your questions appear moot. You won't be able to add player control of ground vehicles as you won't be able to add 'game/ground commander/jtac" roles to the map. Any map you create will just be a standard non-CA MP map.

Just as I can't create any mission involving flying the Ka-50 or P51, as I don't own those modules.

Or am I seeing this wrong?

Or am I seeing this wrong?

You are seeing things wrong. The ME supports the whole bit, you just can't take on a role that you do not own the module for. Try it. Place an aircraft that you don't own and set it to client. Done.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I just try to figure what the CA players can do or not according to the options I set in the ME.

And yes, any can build any type of mission even without buying the modules, but it's difficult to test the gameplay available to others.

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

How can I restrict the players to control certain units, and be able to take control of other units, on the same coalition?

Currently you can simply hide the units. However doing so does not prevent the units from being used, there is still a way around it. Additionally if its non-combat units the player won't be able to control them in FPS view.

When a player connects to the server, if he spawns in a plane I can see the aircraft type in the player list, but the CA player seem to be "blue" or "red" but I don't know if they took the commander role or if they are game master, or anything else. Also, I cannot know which player is driving what unit ?

The roles are still identified in the scorebox based on the role that is selected. However there is no method currently to identify how many players there are in role x, or even which vehicles they are driving.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

You can still use F7 repeatedly to go to a hidden unit and then hit RALT+J to jump in. There is currently no option available to the mission creator and/or server host to prevent CA players from using certain vehicles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

• 2 weeks later...

instead of "hide on map" could the intended client unit be trigger spawned using conditions?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL