CA MP can no longer select units

DoctorStrop

Hi,

I just auto updated to DCS World v1.2.2. I started a MP server. It appear I can't jump into units anymore, yet I can still opt to be Game Master, Ground contoller, or JTAC, I have tried all.

I have purchased DCS:CA, BS2, and A10c.

I have found this in both my own map which I added bits to MP-US Battalion Day Advance - Maykop, and the stock version of the same.

All functionality with CA was working about 2 nights ago, so I guess v1.2.1. Is this a bug, or am I uaware of a new game feature?

Regards

Andy

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

I guess it could depend on the missions. There is a new option for every group where the designer can decide this group is controlable or not. By standart all are off. So you cant use them with CA :D

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

Looks like there is another new flag that is unit not group specific called late activation. A good test for this is if you can activate units within a group after they have moved off from their initial spot. Where will the new unit end up on activation.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

I keep reminding myself this is still beta so I won't rant, but it's not cool if we have to edit these new settings on stock maps.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

holy crap. This is for each individual unit. If you have 200 units in your mission you have to go through each one to make it playable in your old mission.

Try opening up the relevant mission files in a text editor and using a find and replace for the right field.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Try opening up the relevant mission files in a text editor and using a find and replace for the right field.

Tried that but is doesnt work because until you hit that switch, there is no field to replace. It writes the field when the checkmark is flipped.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Great idea. I tried this in notepad but it doesn't appear to be an ascii file, more like a binary.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Andy

My youtube channel

Just been trying to play the CA missions I played no problem the other day as well.(These are the stock CA missions as well as the updated beta 1 missions,btw.)

Same here I now cannot enter any unit.

Updater worked no probs to latest version,

Doesn't matter what I try I still can't enter any unit as there is no "enter unit" box/icon,pressing R/ALT+J does nowt as well except you get the message that you can't enter this vehicle type?

Any help would be appreciated please,

Cheers,

Mick.

Edit,these are all in Single Player.

Edited by 3instein

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

Just been trying to play the CA missions I played no problem the other day as well.(These are the stock CA missions as well as the updated beta 1 missions,btw.)

Same here I now cannot enter any unit.

Updater worked no probs to latest version,

Doesn't matter what I try I still can't enter any unit as there is no "enter unit" box/icon,pressing R/ALT+J does nowt as well except you get the message that you can't enter this vehicle type?

Any help would be appreciated please,

Cheers,

Mick.

Edit,these are all in Single Player.

I'm in now, but it was a pain in the neck. Basic ly you have to go into the map you want to play in the mission editor, and you can check the allow (can't remmeber the exact dialog, about half way down on the unit options) button on each unit. I did it for one map but I am guessing I will have to undo it all when they apply the fix to the bug just mentioned.

Cheers

Andy

My youtube channel

Yeah its a bug, it should default player control to "on."

Cheers Grimes but could you elaborate further? Is there a way to fix this?

Regards,

Mick. :huh:

Edit: Be pretty sweet if any Mod/Dev whatever could maybe let us know what is going on here,as I now have an unplayable game.

Not moaning or whining just want to play what I paid for.

Is it getting fixed,can "I" fix it? When,how ETC,

Cheers.

Edited by 3instein

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

I'm in now, but it was a pain in the neck. Basic ly you have to go into the map you want to play in the mission editor, and you can check the allow (can't remmeber the exact dialog, about half way down on the unit options) button on each unit. I did it for one map but I am guessing I will have to undo it all when they apply the fix to the bug just mentioned.

Cheers

Andy

Cheers Andy,I will give it a bash,

Wish there was an easier way though. :doh:

Mick.

Finally sussed what you guys were talking about,

As I'm never really in the mission editor I wasn't sure what you meant,but got it now,

Cheers,

Mick.

Tired a mission this afternoon. Even units with "Player can drive" checked were not enterable. Some were and some weren't even though they were identical units.

Very strange.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Creator of:

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" 1998 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213788

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" July 2001 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215950

Pilot avatars for DCS Logbook

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221160

How to make a DCS A-10C Panel

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=65998

Similar here, the funny thing is when a mission is fixed, it runs as intended and i can enter vehicles from the missioneditor.

Then i start it up with the servermachine, enter it and some vehicles cant be entered while everything on the field should be open to players.

The only thing left to try is replacing all vehicles with newly generated 1.2.2 vehicles and see what that does when the missionis run outside my singleplayer editor.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

The problem of vehicles still not open to enter while the option is set was NOT fixed by replacing (deleted, create new) the malfunctioning vehicles.

To be on the 'safe' side eventualy all vehicles were replaced and the ability to enter returned.

I now even seen it to apear randomly.

Creating a totaly new mission doesnt work either. The last thing on the menu is a full fresh install on 2 machines. :doh:

Edited by BRooDJeRo

My buddy and I have realised that is the group leader's vehicle you cant get in to. Any other vehicle in the group seems fine. If you have a single vehicle you will not be able to get into it because it is the group lead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Creator of:

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" 1998 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213788

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" July 2001 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215950

Pilot avatars for DCS Logbook

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221160

How to make a DCS A-10C Panel

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=65998

Ive tried everything on my end towards a full reinstallation and newly created testmissions.

When played through the editor (DCS World with module CA) in singleplayermode every vehicle can be accessed.

When i load the same mission in the server (DCS World no modules) then some vehicles cant be entered. It does not seem to be the lead vehicle only for me. It doesnt seem to be vehicle type related.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

• 1 month later...