New MiG-29K Mod?

Maverick-90

Hi,

just looked through the user screens on lockon.ru, and found a pic of a MiG-29K but not with the model from Flanker 2.5, but with a new one!

is it just a MEinit edit or is it coming in 1.2 or is it the old mod with a new model?

i'm sure it's a -29K, under the wing u can see: R-73,R-77;KH-29T, and some laser guided Missile (KH-29L i think)

MiG-29K.jpg

Hi,

just looked through the user screens on lockon.ru, and found a pic of a MiG-29K but not with the model from Flanker 2.5, but with a new one!

is it just a MEinit edit or is it coming in 1.2 or is it the old mod with a new model?

i'm sure it's a -29K, under the wing u can see: R-73,R-77;KH-29T, and some laser guided Missile (KH-29L i think)

Hi Maverick,

Let me rush to say that it is not a 1.2 item...unfortunately :D

It is an alternative version of my old V1.02 MiG-29K mod, where I replaced the actual MiG-29K model from F2.5 with the baseline MiG-29 3D model from Lock-on.

The reason for this was quite simply that I realised I couldnt make a proper looking skin for the F2.5 model, and wanted to see how closely I could resemble the real MiG-29K colourscheme when using the juicy 2048 x 2048 textures for the Lock-on MiG-29.

You are right about the weapons on the aircraft in the screenie:

2 x R-73

2 x R-77

2 x Kh-29L

2 x Kh-29T

1 x 1500L fueltank

When swapping the 3D model, the weapons(R-73) on the two outer wing pylons were just hanging in the air(9-12 model only having 6 wing pylons), while the others were slightly misplaced from their pylons. So just for the heck of it, I adjusted them and edited the Meinit, so that proper outer wing launch racks would be assigned for the R-73 and R-77 when these are loaded...

MiG-29K_mod1.jpg

MiG-29K_mod2.jpg

But although it looks quite good(if I may say so myself), it is of course in no way a proper representation of the MiG-29K airframe. For the mod I can basically choose between: an accurate MiG-29K model from Flanker 2.5, but with low 3D detail and texturing level - or a nice high detail Lock-on 3D model with superb skinning potential, but obviously with incorrect airframe features.

I would kill to have this aircraft properly represented in Lock-on....sigh :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

And i hope, you'll remake this mod for 1.11. ;)

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

It cant fire any new weapons, or can it? namely AG precision ordenance.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Guest ThomasDWeiss

You can't imagine how eager I am to get this mod - really looking forward to it.

As soon as it is finished, let me know and I will host it.

Thanks for your interest guys - I appreciate it :)

2 ФрогФут,

I think I will make two versions of the mod - one with the F2.5 MiG-29K model and another like the one in the screenie. In both of them I plan to include a modded Su-33 and the addition of the "Pyotr Velikiy" cruiser :)

Pilotasso,

The following guided weapon types are available for the MiG-29K:

- R-60M

- R-73

- R-77

- R-27R/T

- R-27RE/TE

- Kh-25L

- Kh-29L

- Kh-29T

- KAB-500kr

- Kh-25MPU

- Kh-31P

- Kh-31A

- Kh-35

...and of course unguided bombs(up to 500 kg), clusters and rockets.

Of these the player can deploy all except the radar guided anti-ship missiles(Kh-31A and Kh-35 - no a2g radar mode available) and anti-radar missiles(Kh-25MPU and Kh-31P).

It was possible to use anti-radar missiles in the V1.02 mod, but wont be in the V1.1 version due to changes in the ARM routine in FC.

ThomasDWeiss,

Will do - thanks :)

BTW - I uploaded some new screenies on the "user screenshots" section of the Lockon.ru site....check them out :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

I'll prepare a nice pack of missions for it.

That sounds great :) - but keep in mind the restrictions in terms of what you can do with the player controlled MiG-29K.

In the V1.02 mod, I wanted to include a mission a friend and I made for the MiG-29K in F2.5. It was a Crimean deep strike mission, where the player would take off from the Kuz with a wingman, fly low and fast over the sea and through mountain valleys - then make a pop-up attack on airdefences with Kh-31Ps, proceed to destroy primary targets with Kh-29Ts and then finally head back to land on the Kuz, while performing an air refueling on the way.

The first part was quite easy to recreate in Lock-on, but as the player can neiter air-refuel nor land on the carrier with the modded MiG-29K, I didnt really know what to do with the player aircraft after the mission objectives had been completed - reverting it to a shorebased airfield would not have made any sense for that mission. In V1.1 the mission wouldnt work at all, because the ability to suppress airdefences with the Kh-31Ps was essential for mission success.....and the targeting of these only work for the Su-25T in V1.1.

....so :icon_conf.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Landing hook present?

Only on the Flanker 2.5 MiG-29K model.

And since the player FM for the MiG-29K in Lock-on uses a "clone" of the basic MiG-29(9-12) ditto, the player cannot control it and thus cannot make carrier landings with it.

The AI, on the other hand, can control both the arrestor hook and IFR probe and thus can both land on the carrier and air-refuel.....and in fact also perform anti-ship strikes with radar guided ASMs.

When using the Lock-on MiG-29 shape files for the mod, the AI can still land on the carrier although no hook is present on the 3D model.

Like I said - the mod is far from perfect :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

In the V1.02 mod, I wanted to include a mission a friend and I made for the MiG-29K in F2.5. It was a Crimean deep strike mission, where the player would take off from the Kuz with a wingman, fly low and fast over the sea and through mountain valleys - then make a pop-up attack on airdefences with Kh-31Ps, proceed to destroy primary targets with Kh-29Ts and then finally head back to land on the Kuz, while performing an air refueling on the way.

The first part was quite easy to recreate in Lock-on, but as the player can neiter air-refuel nor land on the carrier with the modded MiG-29K, I didnt really know what to do with the player aircraft after the mission objectives had been completed - reverting it to a shorebased airfield would not have made any sense for that mission. In V1.1 the mission wouldnt work at all, because the ability to suppress airdefences with the Kh-31Ps was essential for mission success.....and the targeting of these only work for the Su-25T in V1.1.

So ... what I'm hearing is, we need to reinstall F2.5? :)

Sounds like it would be worth it just for that mission alone.

So ... what I'm hearing is, we need to reinstall F2.5? :)

Sounds like it would be worth it just for that mission alone.

Heh....well if you want a fully functional MiG-29K(still with the wrong cockpit though :p ) , then yes, but not for the Lock-on mod - the F2.5 MiG-29K shape files will be included :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Heh....well if you want a fully functional MiG-29K(still with the wrong cockpit though :p ) , then yes, but not for the Lock-on mod - the F2.5 MiG-29K shape files will be included :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

Hey Alfa, i am very excited that you are working on a 1.1-version of the MiG-29K mod. When will it be released.. any speculations? :icon_redf

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Alfa: Many of us are using shepki's Weapon Realism Mod v1.1 wich allows MER multiple bomb racks on SUes, could you base your MOD from there? I would like NOT to have to choose between the 2.

Does everybody agree? :)

My PC specs below:

Guest ThomasDWeiss

I have a scenario for which I made already a lot of missions - where a divert to a land base is possible, and I use packages a lot in attacks so SEAD is not a problem.

So long as I can drop ordnance, fire TV/laser guided missiles and have 8 pylons - I have everything I need :)

eeeehm the MiG-29K is Russian.................................... means---->-29K=Blue then: -25T=Blue

Georgia also have Su-25T's which can launch Kh-58's for SEAD, one can put Georgia on BLUE.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Hi guys,

Pappavis,

Hey Alfa, i am very excited that you are working on a 1.1-version of the MiG-29K mod. When will it be released.. any speculations?

I dont know exactly - as soon as I can get around to it after the 1.11 patch is released :)

Pilotasso,

Alfa: Many of us are using shepki's Weapon Realism Mod v1.1 wich allows MER multiple bomb racks on SUes, could you base your MOD from there? I would like NOT to have to choose between the 2.

Yes good point - we did talk about integrating our mods for that reason, so I think that would be a good idea :) .

ThomasDWeiss,

I have a scenario for which I made already a lot of missions - where a divert to a land base is possible, and I use packages a lot in attacks so SEAD is not a problem. So long as I can drop ordnance, fire TV/laser guided missiles and have 8 pylons - I have everything I need

In that case you wont be dissapointed :)

VapoR,

Is there not any way to put a Phantasmagoria or something on it so the SEAD missiles will work? The reason I ask is for balancing MP missions--I would like something SEAD-capable to put on the blue coalition.

No that doesnt work - the Phantasmagoria pod is merely a 3D shape, and assigning it to the MiG-29K does not provide this with a working ARM code - it must be available via the player FM for a particular aircraft, and so far this is only the case for the Su-25T(and Su-25TM in fact) .

However, the lack of working ARMs for the MiG-29K is more of a problem in terms of representing this aircraft in accordance with its actual capabilities, than it is for mission scenarios - as mentioned, for MP you can assign the Su-25T for this purpose.

Also keep in mind that the limitations for the player controlled MiG-29K arent there for the AI controlled one - the AI can:

- land on the carrier

- air-refuel

- use anti-radar missiles

- use radar guided anti-ship missiles

...so there is the option of assigning some of the tasks unavailable for the player(s) to AI controlled MiG-29Ks :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Thx for your king reply. We will wait the time it takes. :)

My PC specs below:

..the limitations for the player controlled MiG-29K arent there for the AI controlled one - the AI can:

- land on the carrier

- air-refuel

- use anti-radar missiles

- use radar guided anti-ship missiles

...so there is the option of assigning some of the tasks unavailable for the player(s) to AI controlled MiG-29Ks :)

Some day, in the very distant future, hopefully ED will include the MiG-29K as a official flyable.

In the same time. If ED could, allow non AI's to use semi-active radarguided missiles such as the Kh-31A in the MiG-29K. The air-ground-radar code should still be somehwere in lomac, bcoz it was present in Flanker 2.5.

Ahh well, its only dreaming..

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

Hello pappavis,

Some day, in the very distant future, hopefully ED will include the MiG-29K as a official flyable.

Amen to that - but hopefully not in a too "distant future" :icon_eek: .

The MiG-29K has already been mentioned by ED along with the F-16 as candidate for a new flyable, and apparently there is some sort of agreement with MIG about supplying the necessary(unclassified) documentation to make this possible :) .

in the same time. If ED could, allow non AI's to use semi-active radarguided missiles such as the Kh-31A in the MiG-29K. The air-ground-radar code should still be somehwere in lomac, bcoz it was present in Flanker 2.5.

Well that would be "active-radar guided" missiles ;) - the Kh-31A and Kh-35 antiship missiles have ARH homing heads :) . Anyway, I dont think the F2.5 a2g radar routine was brought along into the Lock-on code - some elements are there as is evident in my mod - i.e. if you switch to a2g mode(7) and switch on radar(i) in the MiG-29K, you will see the F2.5 a2g radar symbology displayed on the MFD and you can even switch between range intervals, but the HUD diamond does not react to any slewing input, and it is not possible to target anything.

In connection with my mod, I am more put off by the missing control for hook and IFR probe. The AOA indicator block is there on the side of the HUD frame, and although the indicator lights are displaced from this, they do flash up when you start a final approach to the carrier - the mod would be 10 times more interesting if you could lower the hook and catch the arrestor wires when touching down on the carrier.......and perform aerial refuelling :) .

Unlike with the a2g radar bit, these functions are already fully supported in Lock-on for the Su-33, so when we first started fiddling with the activation of this "sleeping" MiG-29K entry and saw the AOA indicator being applied for it in the cockpit despite using the MiG-29S cockpit files for the purpose, we had the slim hope that the full carrier functionality for the MiG-29K player FM had been brought over from F2.5....but unfortunately it wasnt.

Ahh well, its only dreaming..

Yeah - sigh! :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ