Cockpit Yak-40

We are going to add the civil airplane Yak-40 to our simulation world. Model was made by forum member Andrew Tikhonovsky.

Anybody want to make a cockpit for this beautiful bird? http://forum.lockon.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=5930&d=1148369719

We are looking for volunteers :)

ps: more screens of plane and history of model development are there http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=12400

ain't she a little small?

as real as it gets ;)

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

English:ED, are you going include it in Black Shark(or it's patch's)?

Русский: Иглы, вы собираетесь включить Як-40 в Чёрную Кильку(или патчи к ней)?

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

That is indeed very good news! :) .

I always felt that civilian air traffic would add alot to the realism of the Lock-on world.

My compliments to Andrew Tikhonovsky for his beautiful model! :).

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

I have some questions , what are the spects for creating the instrument panel for lock-on ?

What about the dials , how are they animated ?

Is there any colkpit tutorial ?

and what happended with the mirage f-1 of knell ?

• ED Team
Yes beautifull.

But i m quiet disapointed to see some screenshots with this yak40 who nobody ever heard before ( at least in the english part of this forum) and no one and still no news about mine planes........

The Yak-40 development lasts 7 monthes already.

Actually we are working with your model as well (see the attachement). Soon you will get an email with problems list which must be resolved to finalize your Mirage F1 model integration process.

MF1.thumb.jpg.2cace5839dd0a8b1e541999e3306536e.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

• ED Team
I have some questions , what are the spects for creating the instrument panel for lock-on ?

What about the dials , how are they animated ?

Is there any colkpit tutorial ?

and what happended with the mirage f-1 of knell ?

In few days there will be a specification for the cockpit geometry (and later for textures separately).

P.S.

... not from me - I am just working as a Russian->English translator here. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

Thanks, so I guess the screenshot posted by Acgaen is too small so I couldn't see clearly, it looks much better now. Thoug I would be happierif they can model some of the panel lines onto the model instead of just skinning it. Since I suppose flying a civilian jet would consume much less computation power, I think more resources could be used on the eye candy.

• ED Team

I flew once in Yak-40. As far as I remember the flight was a real pleasure...

Though this plane is not very famous amongst English-speaking community I can say that it can be modelled more accurate than any Boeing, MD, etc because we have very detailed aerodynamics document for it.

In USSR and Russia all planes have a document (for civilian planes frequently published as a book for sale) named "Practical aerodynamics of NNN". We have this documents for several Soviet civilian or dual-purpose planes such as Il-76, Yak-40, Tu-134, Yak-42... even Il-18 and An-2 (Maybe somebody wants it to be flyable? :) )

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

This thread is making me go :cheer3nc:

I'd be great creating a mission where normal airport operations take place, then all hell breaks loose with an enemy air strike.

I love missions with immersion, and empty airports with no acitivty really do take away a lot, the more activity there is, the more immersive and fun it becomes.

sig-YF19a.jpg

lol...."now ladies and gentlemen...on ur right is a heated up dogfiight between a flanker and a eagle....holy shit....WTF are they shooting us for??...mayday..mayday" :p....I am getting ideas. lol!

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|