Artillery?

CypherGrunyev

I'm trying to create a firebase on the Russian side for my mission. The goal of this artillery is to respond to ANY requests from ANY Groups [AI only] and fire upon them with proper reasoning.

Anyone know how to accomplish this? I tried just plopping down some MSTA sites and they just sat there and laughed at me.

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

Did you give them any advanced orders? Like fire at group?

Sometimes they can take a few minutes to get set up.

No advanced orders.... Don't know how to do that yet

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

Pick the waypoint where you want to have the "advanced action" happen... there is an "add / edit / delete" waypoint selection- then beneath that there is another add / insert / delete / up down selection if you open up advanced waypoint actions.

Click Add.

Go to Perform task... it'll give you a few options- fire at point may be one of them. When you do that, it'll give you the option of where you want them to fire. Try to keep it within about 10klicks at first until you can learn how to determine maximum range. Put the group under that point... save the mission, then click "fly mission."

Click cancel when you have to choose a unit- then click pause to unpause... cntrl Z speeds up the mission and alt z slows it down. Watch the activity so you can learn what it does.

Exit, adjust, repeat.

Try it out- let me know how it works.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

The only task you can give to artillery is Fire At Point, so scripting is requiried to let them do anything usefull. I wrote a major script that sounds like it does exactly what you want to accomplish:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=107609

I did not check though how the script behaves after the various patches since last June though. The requirement to do constant maintenance for basically all 3rd party content for DCS is quite a pain...

Well mbot as a member of the community that depends on contributions like yours to keep the experience fresh and exciting, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my soul for continuing to do so.

Thank you for these kind words. It is really encouraging for me to hear this.

I am currently putting the finishing touches to a new script which I think will be quite surprising and hopefully provide some good hours of fun playing :)

Thank you for these kind words. It is really encouraging for me to hear this.

I am currently putting the finishing touches to a new script which I think will be quite surprising and hopefully provide some good hours of fun playing :)

This is great! I've been looking for some good references to script different things for missions. Learning through a lot of mistakes (and errors), but all of the documentation you provided is a huge help for newbies.

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

MBot

Big fan of your work as well. Do you know if this is still a problem?

Note: This script is supplied "as is" and will not work under all circumstances as intended. Until recently, artillery units in DCS would attack enemy units in line of sight with direct fire at close ranges up to 4 km. This script was designed and build under this premise. In the final week of the development of this script, DCS 1.24 was released, which features a drastic increase of this direct fire range, under some circumstances up to 10 km (the exact characteristics are still unclear to me, it is somehow fluent).

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!