No cockpit shadows for you!

RustyNuts

I am yet to see a hint of a cockpit shadow despite Shadows being on high and testing other graphics settings but to no avail.

Is there a specific graphics setup that is needed or a minimum card etc. that is not listed below ie. 64 bit, high end card, DX10 etc.?

My system specs are better than minimum as noted yet I don't get anything like a cockpit shadow despite ensuring time of day and conditions being more than adequate in mission (I would think) to see them.

Outside looks like its improved but cockpit looks the same (lighting wise) as BS1 to me.

BS2 Minimum system requirements: Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or 7; Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz; Memory: 3 GB; Free hard disk space: 7 GB; Video: 512 MB RAM card, DirectX 9 - compatible; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; requires internet activation.

Cheers.

Online as Hawk 5

Ahh thanks. Now I can see it. It is so greyed out it is almost invisible and I did not notice it previously . As such it is not selectable.

HDR also cannot be turned on so clearly there is something about my system failing to meet some spec.

Now as my system is above or at least meets minimum spec as posted what would cause cockpit shadows to be greyed out and unavailable?

My system;

WinXP (32), cpu 6850 3G duo, 4 GB ram, 8800 GTX 624Mb.

No great by today standards but runs BS1 no prob.

Online as Hawk 5

You can work around this, but you do so at your own risk:

Get Notepad++ if you don't have it already, and use it to open \MissionEditor\data\scripts\optionsData.lua

Make sure to get a backup of the file first, obviously.

Line 265 has the graphics options. There you'll find instances of "onlyArch64 = true", change those to "onlyArch64 = false".

Specifically, on line 363 you find this:

cockpitShadows = {
       __value__ = false,
       control = 'check',
       [color="Red"]onlyArch64 = true[/color], 
       },    

Remember, this can cause your adress space to run out, which can cause crashes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester