SU-27 Destroyed air brake still works.

Deano87

Hi all.

I was recently playing a quick offline mission where I had to shoot down two A-10s, I had reformatted my computer so I was setting up my HOTAS controls for the SU-27, forgot to back up my controls. :doh:

Anyway I tried to get a guns kill on the first A-10 and the wingman managed to get a Aim-9 off at me and it hit me and did quite a lot of damage. I decided to rtb and I noticed in external views the air brake had been blown off the aircraft. Just out of interest I hit my air brake button only to find that the air brake definetly still worked. Just to confirm it I climbed to to about 15000ft and brought the engines to idle, pushed the nose over until the aircraft was just gently accelerating. I then deployed the invisible air brake and the aircraft definetly started decelerating. I retracted the brake and it started accelerating again.

I forgot to record the track but I guess I could try and make it happen again.

Deano

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Interesting. Was your airbrake totally destroyed or partially? I'm wondering if the actual functionality of the airbrake is modelled as works totally or doesn't work at all, so even if you have some of it still attached you get the full effect.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Yup completely destroyed. The same as in this pic (which I took from another thread, my aircraft still had wings!! ;) )

abafc14508a9f19012532533b2dc4cb1.jpg

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Aye, must be a bug in that case.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.