ED SIMS SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO THREAD!!!! (NO USER MODS OR COMMENT)

rekoal

Yes, container is XM158, rockets are ususal 2.75" FFARs

, but we got a new type: MK 40HE

screen121010075424.jpg

Why is a SrA (Senor Airman) flying that thing?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Some more from a long multiplayer game. Thanks to Stuge and Mustang for the help ;)

26ad0f214542921.jpg 1130d1214542925.jpg fce609214542928.jpg 5a5118214542930.jpg c933a5214542935.jpg

1f6ef2214542942.jpg 5e314d214542946.jpg

• ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE, Intel Core i7 8700K, Kingston HyperX Predator RGB DDR4-2933 32GB, Gainward GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Phoenix GS (11GB), Samsung NVMe SSD 970 PRO 1TB, Win 7 Pro x64 SP1
  • ASUS Z87-Deluxe (C2), Intel Core i7 4770K, Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3-1600 32GB, Gainward GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix GLH (8GB), Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1TB, Win 7 Pro x64 SP1
  • TM HOTAS Warthog, Saitek PFRP, TIR5

My Callsign in game is: Supertomcat

Budget cuts

I know they are cutting the military but damn. Maybe that means I'm getting close to my F-16 slot, since I outrank that guy lol.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Oldsky ..... an old friend of mine who flew Huey's in Vietnam , he was with the 190th assault heli company , Spartans and Gladiators , based at Bien Hoa in 66-67 .

When they wanted to have fun against the 1st cav , they used to say about their shield :

The horse they never rode

The line they never crossed

And the color speaks for itself ..... many a ding over that comment !!!

Edited by badger66

Beauty from Belsimtek :thumbup:

screen121012211132.jpg

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Beauty from Belsimtek
Sling loads are one of the new features being explored for the DCS Huey, but it is not yet funcitonal in the sim. Until it is, I would not assume it as a working feature. This is why we don't publish pre-mature information and screenshots. ;)

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Sling loads are one of the new features being explored for the DCS Huey, but it is not yet funcitonal in the sim. Until it is, I would not assume it as a working feature. This is why we don't publish pre-mature information and screenshots. ;)

Yes, possible to perform a variety of complex calculations, but perhaps the easiest way to connect the accelerations (G forces of longitudinal axis & lateral axis) to animations - values of arguments for the swinging motions.

However i know you dont want the easiest solution but the best, the most real, so i think this calculation must be spice up with drag and inertia (surface, speed, weight, shape, cable length, rotor downwash etc.) : i guess this is Yo-Yo's job.

So i think it won't an easy run but at last it will be a nice new feature. :thumbup:

Edited by HungaroJET

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

I imagine the sling itself isn't hard compared to the effect on the aircraft. Then again... I guess the effect on the aircraft simply comes down to a force applied to one point on the air frame. That force varies according to the weight, motion, and drag of the sling. So maybe the sling is the harder problem.

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

I imagine the sling itself isn't hard compared to the effect on the aircraft. Then again... I guess the effect on the aircraft simply comes down to a force applied to one point on the air frame. That force varies according to the weight, motion, and drag of the sling. So maybe the sling is the harder problem.

I think this sling effect turns into a "dead serious problem" when the load starts to swing and rotate uncontrollably casusing variable and unpredictable drag on the "cargo".

So, I still believe, that the physical effect of this "sling" is not easy to be modelled

It's a complex problem: ^ "not an easy run"

Iv got/found it:

Edited by HungaroJET

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I love splinter camo, nice work Aaron!!!

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I love splinter camo, nice work Aaron!!!

Yeah, good job :thumbup:

Please make NSAWC skins more... grey and blue camos too :sorcerer

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/McDonnell-Douglas-F-A-18A/2155960/L/&sid=cf8577c9076755c38833d42471ba5661

and please make this VFA-122/125 Green-B skin also :thumbup:

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=162402&distinct_entry=true

Edited by HungaroJET

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ugg, the CVN-70 is an outdated Eyesore of a Model... ..

The Hornet on the Other hand, is down right gorgeous.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Fictional NAVY skin: was a quick re-colour

screen121014180906.png

screen121014184720.jpg

screen121014193918.jpg

a metal beast awaits.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]