OS Drive pegged at 100% after exiting DCS

Nealius

This has been going on for a while and I'm wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue. My DCS install is on an SSD, but my OS is on an old HDD. Every single time I exit DCS, my OS drive is pegged at 100% for a good five minutes. By the time I can get the resource monitor open, I can't figure out what was hogging the drive usage.

If my DCS install isn't on my OS drive, then why is my OS drive being used after exiting DCS?

This has been going on for a while and I'm wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue.

Hi, I dont see that at all, here you can see that at the moment I exit DCS both the RAM and the CPU go to minimum and the drives also go back to 0% .. I've Windows on drive C and DCS on drive L ... the screenshot was taken a few seconds after exiting DCS

awNWREb.jpg

So, on your case it is probably a Windows process still running, perhaps your AntiVirus or a Malware?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

This is normal and depends on how much PageFile / RAM you have...and how fast your drive is that holds those files....all that stuff needs to be nulled and that takes it's time as you see.

Once you have SSD's everywhere this will speed up.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X