[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I know :smilewink:

So, and what is the purpose of the police light?

Dont tell me, you dont know it. :smartass:

"You want me to fly in the back of a tiny little jet with a crazy fighter pilot who thinks he´s invincible,

home in on a SAM site in North Vietnam and shoot it before it shoots me?

You´ve gotta be shittin´me!"

Captain Jack Donovan

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite obvious. To bring light into darkness. No seriously: To visually identify unknown targets at low light conditions. Other than in DCS normally you do not engage BVR, you must positively identify target as enemy before engaging.

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

It is used to identify unkown aircraft on QRA-duties at night.

Edit: sniped

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

No, no, no! It's for when you're chasing bad guys ;)

Well yes, if you already know they are bad guys. Think as of todays russian patrol engaging into european air space with transponders off.

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

My understanding is it was used to identify tail markings on aircraft during intercept, meaning the M2000 would pull up behind and right of the intercepted aircraft, and put the police light on the tail.

Ahhh!! my vision has been shattered I, imagined it would involve the pilot holding a blueberry or cherry to the roof of the canopy while shouting nee!! naa!! nee!! naa!! through the radios :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Just would like to know if it is going to be fixed in the upcoming patch.:)

I hope so also... I'm using a HAT for it that normally has other functions instead of my slew.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hmmmm... not mentioned specifically in the fix list but this ambiguous one may have it.

Fix keyboard & joystick default.lua (hopefully this is the one...)

We can hope. :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• ED Team
Hmmmm... not mentioned specifically in the fix list but this ambiguous one may have it.

Fix keyboard & joystick default.lua (hopefully this is the one...)

We can hope. :music_whistling:

I also hope this is it but Fix keyboard & joystick default.lua sounds pretty vague.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

• ED Team
Using my Warthog slew axis on the throttle for TDC slew still doesn't work, or has anyone gotten it to work?

Just tested 2.0.1 version and it is still not working.:(

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Just tested 2.0.1 version and it is still not working.:(

Ok then, the hat stays assigned to TDC for now. I'm away from my setup right now but hopefully be back tomorrow to try her out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• ED Team

I just would like to ask if TDC is going to be implemented as an axis option in next update or not because it has been a while since last answer about it.

I do not know where to put. But it is not normal !!!

https://youtu.be/3VR_LBS0XqU

you can watch up to 0.30. Radar shows ..... I will not swear. distance to the target says А-50, target type F15

sorry for bad English!

Well the RDI variant modeled did have NCTR capabillity.

Much like the F-15C.

NCTR = Non-Cooperative Target Recognition

where the radar of your aircraft scans the target and then matches the signature to known aircraft types to ID the target.

And they have said that they will add this feature.

Optimal would be if IFF came out at the same time or before but with NCTR it would be easier to IFF since you could ID the aircraft type at a distance (depends on the mission / team setup if it would help alot though)

• 2 weeks later...

Does someone have TDC working on HOTAS Warthog throttle cursor axes ?

Actually I still have to use keyboard...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

• ED Team
Does someone have TDC working on HOTAS Warthog throttle cursor axes ?

Actually I still have to use keyboard...

It should be soon. Maybe in next patch.

TDC is on an axis in the internal build, should be to you soon.

Ok thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

• 4 months later...

I have a funny story about police lights: Here in Canada our CF-18 have very prominent police lights on the side of their fuselage. I know some pilots who use those to try to imitate UFOs by flying a slow knife edge and shining them at civilian cars at night hihi.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Callsign: BUNZ

https://www.5vwing.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Hi !

I am a big fan of really low, really fast CCIP bombing with the mirage, and the last time I checked everything was great.

Now I tried to do the same thing again and, well, its a mixed bag. The INS is great and I am looking forward to drop gbu12s from space going mach 1.something.

But the CCIP Pipper is way off where it should be if you use the radar alt sometimes. [since TAS doesnt work at that alt [sub100ft] without tons of jumping around.

I am still trying to reproduce the Issue reliable, but it seems it only happens if you takeoff from airfields, and does not occur if you have a flying start, but I am still on that one.

So how does the Error look ? To put it simply, the impact point simply is way to far ahead, if it happens, and it doesnt allways, it even goes over the horizon line constantly if you drop below 14somethin gft.

It seems the CCIP mechanism in that case uses an completly wrong value at some point.

And no, its over an runway, so spikes in the radar alt should not lead to that error. Its really just way off, and did not happen yet with the same approach from a flying start.

Version is 1.5.4. Is this known and I dont need to go full overkill on documentation, or do you need the full Bug report overkill ? :DD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Hi !

I am a big fan of really low, really fast CCIP bombing with the mirage, and the last time I checked everything was great.

Now I tried to do the same thing again and, well, its a mixed bag. The INS is great and I am looking forward to drop gbu12s from space going mach 1.something.

But the CCIP Pipper is way off where it should be if you use the radar alt sometimes. [since TAS doesnt work at that alt [sub100ft] without tons of jumping around.

I am still trying to reproduce the Issue reliable, but it seems it only happens if you takeoff from airfields, and does not occur if you have a flying start, but I am still on that one.

So how does the Error look ? To put it simply, the impact point simply is way to far ahead, if it happens, and it doesnt allways, it even goes over the horizon line constantly if you drop below 14somethin gft.

It seems the CCIP mechanism in that case uses an completly wrong value at some point.

And no, its over an runway, so spikes in the radar alt should not lead to that error. Its really just way off, and did not happen yet with the same approach from a flying start.

Version is 1.5.4. Is this known and I dont need to go full overkill on documentation, or do you need the full Bug report overkill ? :DD

CCIP using TAS is not ready yet, which is why it still is chancy.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."