Optimization problem!

TwoThrones

Hello, after upgrading to version 2.5.6.52437, I'v got FPS problems on F-14B (1-18 fps), so it's impossible to fly on it! When I play single, then more or less FPS is normal (30-40), and if I go into multiplayer/coop (one or two), then the FPS drops dramatically (1-18 ). Curious that on versions 2.5.6.49798 and 2.5.5.41371 there are no such problems!

My setup - Win10 64bit / i5 2500K / 24Gb / SSD256Gb + HDD1Tb / 1060GTX 6Gb

Internet - 100Mbit / s

P.S. I do understand my processor is not new, but as I mentioned on the previous version of the game I had no problems!

video:

attachment.php?attachmentid=244072&stc=1&d=1596478010

attachment.php?attachmentid=244073&stc=1&d=1596478010

unknown.thumb.png.c9d079080e17e601966378e6466bf629.png

f4be5568a18228cc.png.1b542e0c5bb32695444cc040692dc14c.png

Edited by TwoThrones

This is weird, since no changes have been made on our side. I would say let us see what the next patch does, and then we can ask ED what may cause it, if it still persists. Thanks for the report and sorry for the inconvenience.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

This is weird, since no changes have been made on our side. I would say let us see what the next patch does, and then we can ask ED what may cause it, if it still persists. Thanks for the report and sorry for the inconvenience.

do ed actually give you decent answers to your questions? or do they fob you off with bullshit?

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

I waited long time before have written about this problem. All patches after 2.5.6.49798 didn't fix that!

P.S: I'm on OpenBeta.

Download and install MSI afterburner (it’s free), then go check your GPU usage. With that frame rate, chances are that your GPU is maxed out.

My guess is that you need to wind down your graphics settings.

In short:

- go read some optimisation guides (there’s a good number around)

- use afterburner to see your current GPU use

- if your GPU is maxed out, back off some settings as per the guides until you’re down to an average of 85-90%.

You’ll probably want to iterate several times with settings and checks to get there.

The visuals won’t be quite as snazzy, but should run a lot smoother

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Well Mike, I can tell you for sure there's something worth to check with Tomcat fps performance. Today I just flew F-16, F-18 and F-14 respectively in GS server. The F-14 performance was the worst with 45 FPS compared with F-16 around 60-80 and F-18 50-60 fps. RAM usage was higher on F-14 with 20GB while F-16 and F-18 only used 17 max.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Well Mike, I can tell you for sure there's something worth to check with Tomcat fps performance. Today I just flew F-16, F-18 and F-14 respectively in GS server. The F-14 performance was the worst with 45 FPS compared with F-16 around 60-80 and F-18 50-60 fps. RAM usage was higher on F-14 with 20GB while F-16 and F-18 only used 17 max.

Thats kind of understandable for F-14 being multicrew, 2 seater with amazing cockpit artwork, isnt it?

Thats kind of understandable for F-14 being multicrew, 2 seater with amazing cockpit artwork, isnt it?
No because it used to at least roughly had the same fps as Hornet even little bit better on my comp.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

No because it used to at least roughly had the same fps as Hornet even little bit better on my comp.

The F-14 has always been a bit worse in terms of performance when compared to the Hornet. Obviously it will be a bigger issue for some systems more than others but I can't say that there has ever been a time where the F-14 had higher FPS than the Hornet. I mean, the F-14 obviously uses much higher resolution textures and more intricate model work, it is going to be a bit heavier on systems as a result.

• 2 weeks later...

After last update to version 2.5.6.53756 (Open Beta), FPS on F-14 increased up to 35-57, now Ican fly on F 14! Thanks

The F-14 has always been a bit worse in terms of performance when compared to the Hornet. Obviously it will be a bigger issue for some systems more than others but I can't say that there has ever been a time where the F-14 had higher FPS than the Hornet. I mean, the F-14 obviously uses much higher resolution textures and more intricate model work, it is going to be a bit heavier on systems as a result.

Yep, what he said - from my testing the F-14 is the most demanding model in DCS. Which is a good thing in some ways, as it's such a beauty.

God damn DCS needs a basic benchmarking feature. It'd take ED all of a week to build, and then we'd have a better way to actually measure performance.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

When the campaign loads, there's a message in the top right, that says: 'Your flight is delayed'.

Then when you spawn the game slows to a crawl and takes about a minute for the Super Carrier graphics to populate. Is this the same for everyone with the Super Carrier at the moment?

When the campaign loads, there's a message in the top right, that says: 'Your flight is delayed'.

Then when you spawn the game slows to a crawl and takes about a minute for the Super Carrier graphics to populate. Is this the same for everyone with the Super Carrier at the moment?

I've had this happen a few times, yes. But doesn't take that long for me to load: usually around 10 seconds or so.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Yep, but a few seconds and I'm fine. What're your specs?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

GeForce 980 Ti

6144 MB GDDR5

Intel i7 - 8700k CPU @ 3.70 GHz

16 Gig RAM

Is this the problem?

Should not be unless textures all high and/or small page file (I have set it to 32GB, textures med/lo).

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I adjusted the page file settings and it had no effect. When the game loads you're faced with the map screen and in the top right corner it says 'Your flight is delayed...', for about 10 secs. Once on the carrier deck it takes a full forty secs to a minute to populate. I have learned to pause the game whilst this happens so I don't miss anything. This only happens with the Super Carrier, so perhaps this belongs in that thread.

I adjusted the page file settings and it had no effect. When the game loads you're faced with the map screen and in the top right corner it says 'Your flight is delayed...', for about 10 secs. Once on the carrier deck it takes a full forty secs to a minute to populate. I have learned to pause the game whilst this happens so I don't miss anything. This only happens with the Super Carrier, so perhaps this belongs in that thread.

Apart from the settings it depends on the mission too. The last one from the CTB campaign is heavy (lots of units) so it loads longer and needs more memory. Try also turning down preload radius slider.