Roll Back Campaign Mission?

How can I roll back a campaign mission?

I got out on the runway and realized the load out was not properly selected...

I towered out set the load out and the campaign advanced to the next mission.

In other words the second mission in essence is being skipped...its counting the 10 seconds of ramp time as a mission an advancing to the next mission

:helpsmilie:

Oneway

Maybe you are at the same 'mission' still. Campaigns in FC2 are divided into stages, each stage can consist of multiple missions. When you want to fly a mission in a campaing, the engine looks at the stage you are in and randomly selects one of the mission assigned to this stage.

If you win the mission, then the campaing will advance to the next stage, if you loose, the campaign will go one stage back, if it ends in draw (this is most likely what happened), the stage stands. This system adds replayability.

So, you are most likely still in the same stage, but the game has choosen another mission for you.

Maybe you are at the same 'mission' still. Campaigns in FC2 are divided into stages, each stage can consist of multiple missions. When you want to fly a mission in a campaing, the engine looks at the stage you are in and randomly selects one of the mission assigned to this stage.

If you win the mission, then the campaing will advance to the next stage, if you loose, the campaign will go one stage back, if it ends in draw (this is most likely what happened), the stage stands. This system adds replayability.

So, you are most likely still in the same stage, but the game has choosen another mission for you.

Yes it is the same stage...

The Valley A10 campaign...it recorded the 10 seconds of ramp time an advanced from 2A to 2B....

I had completed Stage 1 which is a single mission: 1A

I want to play 2A...

I edited the stock mission to include additional units that had to be killed for the mission to be a success. Specifically the artillery battery located North East of Kobuleti was included as victory condition along with the original 3 T-72's at the southern end of the abandon field.

When I got out on the ramp I realized I had set the load out wrong and exited the mission...and I also wanted to set the time of day to 5:30...it wasn't dark enough..

I went back to the editor and changed those two things...

When I went back to campaign it forced me into 2B...

Isn't their some text file somewhere that I can edit to make it go back to 2A...

And frankly I would rather have the Campaign just run linear...2A>2B>2C...

Maybe I should edit the campaign to have only one mission per stage?

I sure wish their was a tech manual on this mission editor that explained the nuances of it...

Oneway

I horribley screwed that up....and didn't understand you at first...

So the hierarchy is Campaign/Mission/Stage correct?

So the problem is that it advanced to the next stage...I want to set it back to stage 1 of mission 2...

And as stated above I would prefer if the game would act like this:

A campaign progresses mission by mission and only advances if you have successfully completed the mission (100%)...

So it sounds like if I took all of the mission stages and put them in their own missions...and then found the right switch to only advance upon complete success that would be the ticket

Oneway

You can manualy edit the campaign in the campaign editor and delete mission 2B from stage 2.

Backuping the campaign before that is adviced ;)

Campaign progresses by stages

Stage 1 -> Stage 2 -> Stage 3

and each stage can have various number of missions. But you only have to play one mission from each stage to advance to the next (if you are allways succesfull(

Yeah, as winz said, you didn't "advance" from 2A to 2B. When you get to stage 2, it's totally random whether you'll be given mission 2A or 2B. 2B doesn't come after 2A, it's just an alternate version of 2A. The whole point of this is variety, so that if you fail a mission, instead of having to try the same mission over and over again, you can complete somewhat related missions instead.

I horribley screwed that up....and didn't understand you at first...

So the hierarchy is Campaign/Mission/Stage correct?

So the problem is that it advanced to the next stage...I want to set it back to stage 1 of mission 2...

And as stated above I would prefer if the game would act like this:

A campaign progresses mission by mission and only advances if you have successfully completed the mission (100%)...

So it sounds like if I took all of the mission stages and put them in their own missions...and then found the right switch to only advance upon complete success that would be the ticket

Oneway

Just to be clear, the above is wrong, and you got it closer to right the first time. The actual hierarchy is Campaign/Stage/Mission, and you advance the Stage by beating any of the missions in that Stage. Same goes for going backwards in stages (don't think any of the LOFC2 campaigns are set up this way, but in the GoW campagin in Black Shark you can move the stage backwards if you fail missions too badly.)

As for explaining the nuances of the editor, it's all in the GUI Manual, which should be in your LOFC2 directory. You should also have a shortcut to it in your Start Menu.

Edited by slug88

Go to:

<path to the game>\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\BlackShark\data\scripts\Logbook\

Backup players.lua then open original file with notepad or any other text editor.

Find the name of your campaign in line such as:

campaign = "./../Missions/Campaigns/LOP/en/<name of campaign>"

Below that line are data for that campaign.

Flight sessions are recorded w/o order. You need to find largest number in-between [].

Lets say I want to roll back one mission...

a) If largest number in [] is 10 and it has syntax like this:

[10] =

{

stage = 8,

mission = "ATO.S3.2.miz",

}, -- end of [10]

then you delete that whole entry [10] and whole entry [9].

b)If largest number in [] is 24 and it has syntax lixe this:

[24] =

{

datetime = "05/22/10 18:18:12",

agKills = 0,

aaKills = 0,

result = 50,

deathsCount = 0,

stage = 10,

mission = "ATO-B-P1.1.miz",

}, -- end of [24]

then you need only to delete whole entry [24]

Save and close.

Beware not to delete some entry that wasn't the last one. Game will not start. Then you'll need to re-edit or restore backup players.lua file.

The same is true for BS, but <path to the game>\Ka-50\BlackShark\data\scripts\Logbook\ differs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I answered how to roll-back one mission (I hope so) :)

If he want to play specific mission (say ATO.S3.1.miz) then after finishing mission from Stage2 (S2) he should have 'a) situation like' entry in players.lua *

Then, simply correct

mission = "ATO.S3.2.miz",
to

mission = "ATO.S3.1.miz",
* finish S2 mission, and go to S3 mission briefing without flying into it. If lottery isn't favorable, edit players.lua

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for all of the answers !!!

I am going to basically copy and edit the entire campaign and make second version of Valley...where as each mission is in its own unique stage...

Hopefully the campaign will not advance to the next stage unless I complete the mission to 100...

Which brings up my next question:

Why do the pre-canned missions have "Start(50,OFFLINE) as a mission goal?...I get 50% complete awarded for ramping out my Hog?...that makes little sense...

Personally I would prefer that I get awarded all or nothing: "Mission Complete(100,Offline)".....and to get a mission complete I have to destroy all of the multiple units in my mission: Tanks, Artillery and Sam Sites for instance...at which point the stage would close out AND only then advance to the next stage/mission of the campaign.

Take for instance 2A of Valley...I want to include an absolute condition that all three of the T72 at the abandon field are killed...all nine of the units in the 251 Battery are destroyed...and at least one of the two SA11 units south/east of Kobuleti field are killed before I get "you may exit the area mission complete thing"...

Now I know this sounds very linear and boring to some...but I don't fly the missions for fun as much as I do for training and accomplishment...I want my missions to involve multiple sorties with dozens and dozens of targets...missions that take up to 4 hours to complete with many re-fuels and re-arms...

...I want my day to start before dawn and if I am lucky have the bird back on the ramp and shut down with a victory sometime around noon. Such a mission with multiple sorties vastly increases the tension as fatigue sets in and makes you think...should I attack the SAM site first when I am fresh...the toughest target...or should I get all the routine ground pounding out of the way and warm up to the ducking and dodging I will have to do in the canyons South of the SAM sites as I pick and pop units off...that is enough variation in game play for me...and lets me play mini air marshal in deciding how I will prosecute the enemy...

Out

Oneway

Edited by Oneway

Points are awarded 0-100 (i.e. as a percentage). If your score is below 50, you may drop back to the previous stage of the campaign. A score above 50 may advance you to the next stage. So they set you at 50% by default so if you just exit the mission your overall campaign score remains as-is.

At least, I think that's how it works. Makes sense to me!

what nomdeplume said.

Also, the 'mission objective' window in editor isn't a window that specifies 'how much points do I need for complete mission'(that's allways 51+), its 'how much points do I get for each objective'

In this instance you get 50% just for starting the mission, so you will not get back one stage in campaing if you forgot to change payload and need to reset.

Also, that what you require is entirely possible, you just need to alter the trigger in the mission objectives containing the setting of mission score to 100%, and add all additional units you want to destroy to the condition.

But keep in mind that some of the goals you set up in this mission will be objective in the next missions... Those units you destroyed will magicaly reappear.