Building the K-36D Ejection Seat.

I'm just so proud if it. I had to show it to you all..!

It's going to be the center of my PitBuild of the Su-25 (or maybe Su-25T, depending on ED's LUA Export file)..

[ATTACH]9947[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9948[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9949[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9950[/ATTACH]

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The finished product..

This is what I'm aiming for it to look like without any details added..

It's just a rendered version of the CAD drawings I made for the project..

[ATTACH]9951[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9952[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9953[/ATTACH]

The knobs, bells and whistles of the real thing, togehter with all the warning stickers and so on, will come at a later point in the pit build..

I have them drawn up, but I'm just dying to actually have something to SIT IN and play..!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

nice. what's the rest of the pit going to look like?

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Thanx mates..!

I'll keep this thread updated with pics as I go along.. Anyone have suggestions or improvements or comments on how to make it better, feel free to post it here..!

Also I'm making a Zip file with the Dxf files later this week. Is it possible for me to post them here as well..? As far as I see it the more people build the seat the better..!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you are thinking of building the whole cockpit, this site can get very handy (if you don't know already). The fact that it is a F16 pit shouldn't bother you, because it contains very helpful plans and documentation about his controlling software and switches. One of the best documented home-cockpits i have seen on the net so far!

http://www.xflight.de/f16

WOW!

Wow, that's insane! too bad though, i cant read Greman. :cry: (Hope to learn it though.)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

The rest of the Pit..

The ejection handle WILL give LockOn the "Eject" command..

All interfacing is done through SIOC and IOCards from www.Opencockpits.com

[ATTACH]9956[/ATTACH]

Testing an LED switching on/off.

And with the help of my good friend Specnaz from France who seem to have full control when it comes to programing the IOCards I'll be alble to make the Pit work as it should. http://s146918821.onlinehome.fr/lotatc/index.php?Lo_iocp

Instruments will be projectet on a seperate monitor with the software from Simmeters (really a great piece of software there..) www.simmeters.com

[ATTACH]9957[/ATTACH]

Pic of the instrument software running on second computer while I fly.!

And the whole thing should be able to run on two computers. Where the second one really doesn't have to be all that "hot". Since it will only run the IOCard and Simmeters software..

[ATTACH]9954[/ATTACH]

This is how far I have come in making the drawings for the rest.. Not even sure I'll go this way. And none of the supporting plates for monitors and so on has been thought out yet.! And also I want to build a throttle like the one in the Su-25, so I'll have to make a side wall of some sort..? Any suggestions welcome here..

The panels are made up from 2mm Aluminium plates.

[ATTACH]9955[/ATTACH]

Picture taken after first coat of paint..

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice. I'm interested in the final product! :D

EDIT:

352e413b.jpg:music_whistling:

Oh, sorry, i didn't see that... sorry...

Also I'm making a Zip file with the Dxf files later this week. Is it possible for me to post them here as well..? As far as I see it the more people build the seat the better..!

Very nice work on the seat!!! like to know how you make the leather cussions.

Pleas post your DXF files, i'm very interested, like to build my own one.

In fact i am working on the SU27 frontpanel, which should finally be a full scale cockpit (that should take some time:) ).

I will be wathing your build!!!

This is my attempt for the SU27 panel.

The red arrow points to a 1:32 scale resin cockpit (blackbox)

paneelweblz6.jpg

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

WOW @ that panel ..!!:D Will those gauges actually work?

That was my question. (if they don't, the still look insanely real)

I my self am working on my own F/A-18 cockpit, just for fun, (I may put my computer in it eventually...) i've only just started the HUD, but i hope to make the entire thing.

Awesome Su-27 pannel. looks like the thing from lockon, almost better. lol

Thank you, thank you,

Yes i made that panel myself (took some time, one could imagine:) )

In this stage the gauges are not working, but they will be illuminated from the back (the gauges are a digital print) in a (very) later state we will be making the gauges to work.

The panel isn't finished yet, but when i have some progress, i start my own

thread ( i don't want to hijack Triggerhappy's one)

@ Triggerhappy, i would like to have the drawings of the K36, please.

Again love that seat!!

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

I didn't start a pit thread...

nice. I PMed you mine.