1.11 Testing Update, 25 Aug 05

Wags

• ED Team

Since my last post, most of the testing has focused on online (multi-day running missions at times) play and the results have shown that most of the bugs identified in Beta 01 have been resolved. Tomorrow or early next week we'll probably move along to Beta 03 which I hope may be a final candidate; we'll see... At this point I really can't estimate a release date as anything could still crop up and usually does when I make the mistake of citing a date.

Here are a dozen more items that have been addressed in the patch:

1- Force Feedback support to aircraft using the Standard Flight Model (SFM) has been improved.

2- AGM-154s will no longer collide if dropped in salvo mode.

3- AGM-154 will no longer perform unrealistic flight maneuvers.

4- Air Launched Cruise Missiles (ALCM), will no longer engage moving targets.

5- Save states now work more reliably if the player has taken off or landed during the mission.

6- The game will no longer turn to night and crash if the player ejects, recovers, ejects again and recovers, then exits the mission.

7- The Target Designation (TD) box no longer moves inverted if assigned to a joystick axis.

8- Loadouts may now be edited in campaign missions.

9- When jumping to another aircraft, cannon ammunition and chaff/flares levels will now be correct.

10- The A-10A gun pipper is no longer unstable when used from high altitude.

11- The wheels of client aircraft now turn.

12- Destroyed aircraft can no longer trigger a radar lock warning.

-Matt

meh! thats atleast better than my situation cali. :p

I will be blocking all the forums and sites etc that I normally visit when uni starts again. I guess that means it will be min 4 months till I can come back and check about lockon. :(

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Guest ThomasDWeiss

9- When jumping to another aircraft, cannon ammunition and chaff/flares levels will now be correct.

HALLELUJAH !

meh! thats atleast better than my situation cali. :p

I will be blocking all the forums and sites etc that I normally visit when uni starts again. I guess that means it will be min 4 months till I can come back and check about lockon. :(

That sucks, but if the patch doesn't come out before 16th of sept I won't be getting it until sometime in Nov when I get my house. So it could be 3 months for me as well.

I have two problems that keeps me away from playing online. I would like to know if has been adressed or if anybody in the beta team has noticed too.

1. Random unreliable TrackIR 2 VE behaviour. Sometimes turns crazy and does not allow centering. The view is all the way to the left. Is random but is very annoying.

2. Takes ages to load the missions on MP and seems to be a memory hog that affects to next missions loads or re-spawns. I mean that ussually I get CTDs after the second mission or after looking the map, or switching views.

I have scenes on "high" and tweaked the files so the server settings dont remove my beloved trees. I remember on the lists of fixes that was some kind of problem with different client-host scene settings. Maybe the memory hog and high loading time is caused by this?

I have 1Gb DDR400 , Geforce 6800GT, AMD64 2Ghz...etc and, although LOMAC is very demanding, I´ve tested different settings and does not seems to be a problem caused by my configuration.

Just wanted to know if on the "stability problems solved things" list some of you, beta and devs team, noticed these symptoms.

Thank you very much!

Luke97, sorry but online players do not suffer from these problems on any regular basis.

Track ir's 1,2,& 3 do go haywire occassionally, Most people suffer that online or off. (a small price to pay)

Taking a long time to load is usually RAM related but you seem to have enough. Online games do take longer to load. U sure your computer memory is set up correctly? or something else isn't using up your ram or system resources. There are a lot of computer knowledgable people in HL who may be able to help you with online issues.

Back to subject: Thanks for the update, Looking forward to it with eager anticipation. Great work ED :)

Thanks for the update.

There was a bug where the flaps on the SU25T did you not appear deployed in Multiplayer for other clients. Is this fixed? ie:

1. Deploy my flaps

2. Get team mate to look at them.

3. They do not appear to be deployed for him but they are.

Just a little annoyance.

I was in a server earlier today. All SU25T. I could see the flaps deployed.

Yep, but no one around could see your flaps deployed, or each others' flaps...

as the tire punctures...

U can see your own, hoster can see all punctures... but clients can't see any, except their own..

Wags, any chance we see it fixed some day?

Or will it be like the mid-air refueling baskets?

LOL!, I would think jet was would be a distant thing in any sim. But would be a very nice touch, especially if they include rear aspect missles.

I not only was thinking about the look and optical effects but also on the impact on flight physics: No more careless crossing the flightpath of your Lead !

And it would add a higher grade of difficulty for AAR, too: Always approach from below or your aircraft will turn into tumbleweed....

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

I think it would be very difficult to model the effects of jetwash though; theoretically you could just create a collidable, invisible 3D object in the game representing the jetwash, and it could shrink/grow in proportion to throttle setting for example, and then you check fo collisions with other aircraft - the problem is, where do you go from there? The effect won't be the same in all parts of the wash.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I have two problems that keeps me away from playing online. I would like to know if has been adressed or if anybody in the beta team has noticed too.

1. Random unreliable TrackIR 2 VE behaviour. Sometimes turns crazy and does not allow centering. The view is all the way to the left. Is random but is very annoying.

2. Takes ages to load the missions on MP and seems to be a memory hog that affects to next missions loads or re-spawns. I mean that ussually I get CTDs after the second mission or after looking the map, or switching views.

I have scenes on "high" and tweaked the files so the server settings dont remove my beloved trees. I remember on the lists of fixes that was some kind of problem with different client-host scene settings. Maybe the memory hog and high loading time is caused by this?

I have 1Gb DDR400 , Geforce 6800GT, AMD64 2Ghz...etc and, although LOMAC is very demanding, I´ve tested different settings and does not seems to be a problem caused by my configuration.

Just wanted to know if on the "stability problems solved things" list some of you, beta and devs team, noticed these symptoms.

Thank you very much!

(I reckon a new thread is in order here) There are a few things. First- I hope you meant track IR3, & not 2. No VE on the "2". Second- your centering key- is it in conflict with some other function in LOMAC? Third- if you have light shining into the face of the unit- that will wreak havoc with the tracking. (especially sunlight) fourth- Take your face, head whatever and picture a vertical line right down the center. How is the dot positioned in relation to that line? If it's off to one side or the other- make sure your track unit is also off center the same way. This problem can be ID'ed by the unit tracking well to one side but getting screwed up badly on the other.

The other issue-I also have a gig of RAM- I haven't had any timeouts.. not sure. I would start by posting what all your graphics settings are.

(I reckon a new thread is in order here) There are a few things. First- I hope you meant track IR3, & not 2. No VE on the "2". Second- you,........is it in conflict with some other function in unit tracking well to one side but getting screwed up badly on the other.

The other issue-I also have a gig of RAM- I haven't had any timeouts.. not sure. I would start by posting what all your graphics settings are.

Tnx for answering.

1. Of course I meant TIR3 Pro + VE :-). Its not a light source problem. Happens randomly at any hour of the day, with and without lights. I have not any light source natural or not directly in front or near the TIR unit.

And whats more important: Only happens with LOMAC. Anyway I sent an email to Naturalpoint. Maybe they can help me if is a hardware or drivers problem.

2. I have scenes high, all at max. except Visibility (medium) and water (medium). I have mirrors off but reflections on. But I have tested different settings and no difference. I think that the problem is that I force "high" scenes whatever be the host settings and this is causing a memory hog. That´s why I asked to beta testers, that use this scenes "tweak" if they had similar problems until they installed 1.11.

Thanks!