Joystick problems in FC?

Chayton

I am thinking of getting Flaming Cliffs, however what has been a major pain in the orginal game was that awefull support/proper working of normal joysticks. You had to adjust a lot of things and it still didnt worked right. Thats really frustrating and pisses me many times off. So before i go ahead and give out more money on this game i would rather like to know whatever there are still this joystick problems with normal joysticks, or if you can now be sure that the joystick will work like it does in the microsoft joystick option window, without that you have to adjust anything?

You shouldn't have any major problem. A lot of joystick problems were fixed in the 1.02 patch. If you have trouble with your joystick in the game, there are more chances that it is your joystick itself that is broken and not necessarily the game.

i have to admit that i have not had one ounce of joystick issues with lomac ever, and that is with every evolution of the games right up to FC.

what stick are you using? i have a saitek X45 and for what i got for what i paid i reckon its the best value for money i have ever spent on a device for my PC. The same can be said about lomac. But then again, lomac is so good that i WOULD wrench my PC for 10 hours each time to get just one 1 hour of SU goodness..

Saitek ST50. My friend has the same problems and has a Saitek ST110. Only my brother didnt have joysticks problems however he used the one of his pilot training program, which is a Thrust i think, not really suited for a military flight sim. Thats why i said normal joysticks, i dont count the X45 under normal joysticks, as its a flight sim specified joystick i assume you are not playing with that a game like NHL.

Before getting an X-52 a few months back I had two Saitek sticks. A Cyborg Platimum and prior to that one I can't remember the name/ number of (but it was quite an old one that's now discontinued).

I've never had any problems with any of them. You weren't very specific about exactly what problems you were having, so it's difficult to help much. What problems are you having? And were those problems with different sticks on different PC's or different sticks on the same PC?

Also have you tried Saitek's Support centre's FAQ for your stick?

http://www.saitek.com/uk/supp/st50_support.htm

Been a while since i played it (stopped because i was a bit annoyed at those problems and that i wanted to create a cool map for our lan parties and the game (i assume the engine arent made for having a war going on in one map hu?) simple could not handle it anymore allthought i was just at the begin of the building progress) however back then we used to have patch 1.02 and while in the Microsoft options the joystick worked alright, (not perfect i admit) in the game (no changes at first) it was a complete mess. We read then in the LOMAC forums about it which said something about in a file switching off the Force Feedback as it was automatical always set to on, and increase the number of the "gameplay" of the joystick or so, that it doesnt react that harsh. Then it worked better however you still had to adjust quiet trastical the deathzones so you could finally fly but you still had sometimes those black outs where you just made a small move and the plane crashed in the ground. As at no games ever i had to make any of such changes that a joystick worked ok (been playing games since 13 years), in my eyes i can only call that joystick problems which i assume simple came from the Ubisoft pushing.

So now you may know why i wonder whatever that got fixed in Flaming Cliffs.

Back when i looked this up it seemed that quiet a lot had such joystick problems, i am sure that there are some that never had them, as i said my brother had none either (once that force feedback was switched off thought)

And yeah diffrent sticks on diffrent PC's.

Thanks for the link and any further help you can give me.

As I said, it might be the joystick itself wich has problems. Did you try it in other games to be sure about it? I also had problems at once with my wingman extreme and I thought it was because of Lock On but I then realised that it was my joystick config that was messed up. I had to reset it with a tool from logitech and then it worked fine.

Hmm yeah i tried the joystick at diffrent games (X2 for example) and i didnt had there that many problems, been a bit of lightly flashing up and down if you had it centered but that was all.

Reset? you mean as reseting this stupid automatical recalibrating thing that joystick have these days (been much better where you could do it still manual)? Hmmm did not knew you could do that, sounds interresting thought and worth a try, you know maybe were i could get the saitek program that can reset this or one in general?

Or do you mean something else?

I would like more on this as well... I have a SWF22 with TQS and Elite rudder pedals. I have horrible pitch oscillation... NO other game has this issue....only Lock On. I have tried the many bogus fixes I could find, including the set FF off and increasing the 400 to 1000 for joyrange, and any manner of adjustments in the in game calibration. My joystick is fine - it works in all the other flight sims I play. This is very frustrating, I can not even keep the pipper on the target with an A10 - ridiculous. At this point I wish I would not have wasted the money...especially with the disk 2 fiasco from Evolved.

Anyone able to give me a fix to change my mind?

I would like more on this as well... I have a SWF22 with TQS and Elite rudder pedals. I have horrible pitch oscillation... NO other game has this issue....only Lock On. I have tried the many bogus fixes I could find, including the set FF off and increasing the 400 to 1000 for joyrange, and any manner of adjustments in the in game calibration. My joystick is fine - it works in all the other flight sims I play. This is very frustrating, I can not even keep the pipper on the target with an A10 - ridiculous. At this point I wish I would not have wasted the money...especially with the disk 2 fiasco from Evolved.

Anyone able to give me a fix to change my mind?

Set in Lock On under "Options/Input" the D-Zone for the pitch Axis higher!

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

"any manner of adjustments in the in game calibration"

have done that and more, it was in my post you quoted. so far i have spent about 4 full hours of time on this... i am not a newb at this stuff...and have a pretty good idea of things to try. nothing works. i am trying one more things as a test, and if that is a no go... i have spent way too much of my time and won't be flying this game unless the devs give some acknowledgement of the problem (i am not the only one...) and certainly will not buy another of their games.

no support from ED huh???

I think I am having the same problem... I have a Saitek 3D USB with no major problems in other games. My main problem seems to be related to the center postion of the joitick. When I go to "test" the center crosshair looks always like this:

#
  ==+==
    # |
    +-+
I't kind of left and up.. Not centered on the box.

I tried all kinds of calibrations in Windows, but it seems like it doesn't even read the windows driver. I even once "lied to it" during calibration in XP to make the center actually completely offset. When I brought the game up, the crosshair was centered at the same spot. Is there a workaround for this?

I also experience weird jerkyness when flying planes. They sometimes seem to want to bring the nose up or wanna tilt. I went through the tutorials, and lookig at the tracks, it seems quite impossible for me to get the plane to move that smooth as the guy on the track can do it.

Also impossible to release the joystick and have the plane continue on level flight.

Also I noticed that if I'm flying a fast fighter, If I want to pitch up a bit, it can not pitch up a little.. It will make a sudden large pitch up and it will "bounce" back a little. I am not sure if this is a part of flight characteristics of these planes or is it just the joystick problem again. Again, on those demo tracks, I don't see that problem.

Edit: I'm a total noob on realistic flight sims, but I played X2, and some other space flight sims with the same problem and never had as many prolbems as I have with LockOn.