The battle simulator=what?

Csmag

Don't know about you guys but these looked interesting:

Flight Modeling

TFCSE offers a variety of different flight models that can be adjusted by the end user through the use of editable tables and input schemes to suit classified requirements. (now you CAN mod & get an F18 flight model, or a 15G capable UBER F18 flight model ...)

Mission Creation and Editing

TFCSE offers a powerful and flexible mission editor designed to permit any type of planning requirements. A real time command module for runtime mission modification is under development. An assets management module for integration to the mission editor is also under development.

Custom Data Capability

TFCSE will accommodate the ability for the client to enter specific parameters and performance variables permitting input of classified and sensitive data in a controlled environment. The LUA code base is exceptionally adaptable and flexible for optimum customisation.

FAC view

· The FAC can be positioned anywhere and is fully mobile.

· The FAC has use of mil-binoculars, range finder, laser designator, and IR.

Especially the bit about "A real time command module for runtime mission modification is under development."

I was thinking the other day about how working from Map view & doing the "Real Time Strategy" right click to select your unit, right click an enemy to designate a target, would be a good way to do this in LO's successor (or any time now would be good ...)

Cheers.

Oh my god...

What are you trying to sell ED? I don't think Russian commanders pay attention that they need GF9000Ultra2 to run this thing for their students, don't they ;) or?

Or is it for us, gamers. Just another battlefield/flashpoint kind of game, but way better, bigger and slower ;)

eyeballs.gif

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

"HLA compliancy is being integrated"

Wow! If I remember correctly HLA is an acronym for High Level Architecture, which is a standard for military simulation. It allows a layered design for a scalable and flexible approach to simulation. I heard about it during a simulation course at my University, there was a lesson entirely dedicated to HLA.

Seems ED is going to do serious things... hope that we can get better IA soon in our "desktop applications" :)

hmmm I think this is outdated info of what LOMAC could have been. The site may not have been updated for a while now.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Some interesting quotes:

Weapons Effects

A large variety of specific weapon detonation effects such as blast, shock wave, flash, fragmentation and other physics are modeled. Probability of destruction depending on blast type, material and proximity is realistically programmed. Collision detection parameters down to one centimeter precision ensure highly realistic hit, miss and damage characteristics.

Any kind of terrain may be rapidly developed to suit specific client requirements, such as actual life battle zones or probable future high risk environments.

Doesn't that sounds weird, as we have been told many times how it took years to develope the current terrain ?

Hi all.

I have read about what it does. My questions is:

How does it apply with what we have and will have (1.1, 1.11, 1.2)?

I am thinking that this is not for us. Maybe it is for, as it states, training FACS. Kind of like the way Steel Beasts was developing a tank sim, but it is such a good tank sim that the military took notice and said, "Hey, hook us up"!

IIRC, isn't "Falcon Killer" being developed by a Spanish firm that trains real fighter pilots? There may be a connection. I would say, again, that ED is on the right track with their product. They may have gotten the attention of the military. -KILSEK

The way I understand it is that TFC uses the LOMAC engine to produce training simulations for the military. I see two possible big advantages spawning for us civil simmers:

a) TFC ( Eagle ) makes money by selling derivates from its sim engine that can be reinvested into future sim products.

b) Features specialy requested by military customers might also find their way into the civil sim.

The way I understand it is that TFC uses the LOMAC engine to produce training simulations for the military. I see two possible big advantages spawning for us civil simmers:

a) TFC ( Eagle ) makes money by selling derivates from its sim engine that can be reinvested into future sim products.

b) Features specialy requested by military customers might also find their way into the civil sim.

Basically what VBS is for OFP.

Some interesting quotes:

Doesn't that sounds weird, as we have been told many times how it took years to develope the current terrain ?

Well it's business,making a game for desktops are different things;and making a "sim" for a serious customer with money guarantee is a different thing :)