Results of 1.11 patch

What about saving games, in the middle of a mission or campaing? It was not possible to save a game before, is that bug corrected? (I did not install the patch yet, and I wont be able to, till next week)

Playing a set of missions in a campaign or a single mission and starting it every time from the beginning was really of the most annoying bugs for me...

3DFlyer,

Sorry you seem to have suddenly discovered that your system is not working as well as you thought it was when you first posted on this thread.

If you do a search on this sight you might find solutions to some or all your problems.

I'm surprised to find out that SF has been cracked & that it's not all over the internet - there's a lot of people ill be very happy when it happens.

Cheers.

If SF has realy been cracked then your not naming the sites you read it at isn't going to stop the facts getting around...

I remember when the demo came out there were a small number of people who found that their burners/burning software had been affected, but from memory they almost all fixed the problems without too much trouble.

Have you tried using the search button to see if any posts have info on solving your issues?

Cheers.

I just did this Saturday morning my first single player flight with 1.11. I was setting my original setting 1600x1200 etc…, no problems (same frame rate and improvement at high altitude). My settings were not kept but I am happy that my Cougar hotas configuration was kept anyway. Also my first air-kill in one of my favorite sweep missions with the Mig in 1.11:biggrin: .

Looks like everything runs smooth (Ok, it was already the case before)

Anyway, I like the new improvements. Especially I like the more realistic behavior of the AWACS.

Now AWACS can’t see us anymore at runways and detection radars angles were made more realistic.

From now on I put always multiple AWACS’s in the air:biggrin: so that the first one can cover when the second one is banking etc.

I do like also the new fact that star force will check the CD for only 1 time a week, which is a good compromise (except when you fly only once a week).

My opinion about programs like SF is that we have to accept to live with them. You also can’t imagine anymore a pc without Anti-virus software installed on it. And me too I like to be paid for my work at the end of the Month. SF helped also making this patch happening and I don’t think that this new 64bit compatible version of SF already is cracked.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Guest IguanaKing
whats with all the fanboi crap supporting starforce ?, if the dude doesnt like it then so be it, as far as i am concerned i dont like it either, but it hasnt caused me any problems so far, but still i would love to see it gone from my pc.

if the dude thinks his pc is running better because of starforce being uninstalled whats the bigdeal ?

I think my pc runs uber leet after ive visited a few pr0n sites :P

I also think the dude is in the majority when he says he dislikes starforce, as i have yet to see any sane person say that they like it on there pc.

-------------------

For some reason i have noticed things seem to popup more than they used to, like for example oilrigs, yachts etc, i didnt see them til i was right ontop of them, i mean less than 1k out, and BANG they just appeared. i have highest range settings on so i cant see why this is happening now, i take it that maybe its the patch that is the cause, i dunno tho.

I don't think anyone said they like having StarForce on their system...some of us have just, apparently, not had the problems with our machines that it is supposed to cause. Hell...I didn't even have to reinstall Nero 6 like some have had to do. I'm not saying those people are lying, because LOTS of programs out there have issues with running right after Nero 6 has been used to burn a CD or DVD, even with StarForce never having been on that machine. A quick restart of the machine is usually all it takes to make things work again...not a full re-installation...LOL. :icon_jook

Prior to SF - no problems.

Post SF - I can't install anything using my DVDROM (but can still validate CD's for CD checks - odd!), and I can't rip clean MP3's (lots of crackles and pops in them). Luckily I have a SF clear laptop with a shared DVD to use.

I can't say it was definately SF. But the circumstantial evidence is very strong.

after the patch (and I guess SF upgrade) every dvd I made was corrupted (I could see the files in explorer, but when I tried to play them, they were corrupted. I had to do a firmware "upgrade" (just a firmware reinstall, same version) in order to be able to burn dvds.

But since everything is working now, well, let's say I don't hate SF now, I'm just not very fond of it.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Guest IguanaKing

Thanks ARM505, I think this warrants further investigation on my part. I have popping noises in my recently DLd copy of UVS 9 (Which I'm still pissed at Ulead for). I had never used this program without SF on my 'puter. I'll try the StarForce removal utility and see if that problem goes away, since I have tried everything else. I'll post my results later. :beer:

The SF drivers are classified as a Virus and Malware.

I spent the better part of 11 hours yesterday, and all night lastnight doing research on the issues

What are your sources about StarForce being Virus or Malware?

I'm surprised you didnt mention SF being a TROJAN program since thats what a lot of users were claiming in previous discussion on SF.

I spent 20 minutes visiting some well known AV & Security websites and didnt find anything that talked about StarForce being a Virus or Malware.

New008.jpg

New009.jpg

New010.jpg

New012.jpg

New013.jpg

One site did list StarForce (earlier version) as having a possible Security vulnerability under some circumstances - but not as a Virus or Malware.

You'd think at least one of these major security firms would agree with you. Especially since we pay them to help protect us from Virus, Trojan and Malware.

I have StarForce in both the CD and Web Download versions of FC. I personally havent had ANY issues and no limitations on my ability to do CD or DVD burns.

It's possible to say ANYTHING on Internet websites. You can drive yourself crazy with "facts" or "prove" any type of conspiracy with Internet sources.

First warning!

3Dflyer,

I have had just about enough of this crap!.

I suggest you quit your ranting campaign and blatant threats right now, or start looking for somewhere else to do it....get it?. :mad:

- JJ.

JJ

Guest ruggbutt
All i want to do here is rid my system of the mess that's been created, and then I'll be on my way voluntarily. I give you my word on that.

Reformat. Cyaz later.

Guest IguanaKing

Yup, what everyone else said...and try not to do whatever it is that ACTUALLY screwed up your computer this time.

BTW...results of my post 1.11 DVD burn...no problems, DVD plays just fine. I do get a defective DVD every once in a while though. Not because of SF, I just buy cheap DVD+Rs in a spindle. ;)

I haven't done my UVS 9 test yet, I was too busy doing UVB research and writing a report for the ig site I help run. :D

Oh...in the interest of keeping this scientific. I haven't yet removed SF.

I have made no threats here. Blatant or otherwise.

Do you have any of the info I amk looking for so I can fix these issues. All i want to do here is rid my system of the mess that's been created, and then I'll be on my way voluntarily. I give you my word on that.

Jesus! Do we have to have these thread hijacking every time? Yes, I have some Starforce issues too, but do you see me rant about it all the time? No.

This is the thread about 1.11 issues and I want to read about 1.11 issues, especially since two people complained about the campaign save problems (a bug, perhaps?) which I have also so I'd like to see someone responding to those posts and not to see them lost in between another Starforce rant. Get over it or open your own thread.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I think I'm going to install FC 1.11 on a seperate partition of my drive.....hopefully that will keep it away from my main files on C:\ drive.

-----------------------------

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

Asrock 939 Dual SATA 2 mobo

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

Guest ruggbutt

Ok, I made a movie for DVD yesterday and burned it all the while Flaming Cliffs is installed and working on my machine. Then I wanted to make another copy, so instead of running Nero again, I popped the DVD in and copied it using DVD Shrink 3.1.

Both copies play on my computer and both of my DVD players in my house. I remember back in the day when Safedisc was blamed for the same types of issues. Now I could believe 3D if he wasn't running any other programs and just FC. I've had to reformat my h/d cuz Windows didn't like SP2. It broke my scanner and both my printers. I had heard all kinds of bad things about SP2 so I wasn't going to install after I reformatted. I imaged my install with Acronis and said "what the heck, I'll install SP2". SP2 works fine on a clean Windows install. SP2 broke my printers and scanner on an old OS installation. Sometimes stuff happens.

Now if I stayed with my first impression that SP2 didn't work, where would I be? It works great, I've had it installed for months. There was a conflict with old data that made it look like SP2 was malware. I mean, what else would you call an OS patch that broke half of your peripherals?

You copy any of this 3D?

(SP2 broke internet explorer for me)

Runway lights look loads better now.

I haven't checked but I don't think the runway lights have changed. Remember when you install the patch it changes the graphics settings. Haze is set to "advanced" in the patch (iirc), which means you have the full runway lights. Maybe you were playing on "basic" haze before?

Successful install

I haven't spent much time with Lock On lately (not because of any issues with the product, by the way), but with the patch released last friday, the 200 anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar, and incidently my birthday, I finally upgraded to Flaming Cliffs and applied the new patch. The online purchase, installation and automatic activation went smoothly without any problems on my system (AMD Athlon XP 1600+, 512MB RAM, Radeon 9550, Windows XP SP2). I haven't had much time with it yet, but it looks great so far.

Anyway, nice to see this simulator continuing to evolve, and kudos to the development team, testers and contributors for all their hard work on this awesome product. I'm looking forward to the next developments!

The online purchase, installation and automatic activation went smoothly without any problems on my system (AMD Athlon XP 1600+, 512MB RAM, Radeon 9550, Windows XP SP2). I haven't had much time with it yet, but it looks great so far.

What are your frame rates like?