Flaming Cliffs and Black Shark?

Aloha,

I was asked if you would need FC to install Black Shark and I believe the answer is NO! (Am I right?) The info on the ED site states that Black Shark will include everything from FC .. so will our Flaming Cliffs CD's become well used coasters after Black Shark is released.

Thanks.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I don't think you need FC for BS, BS does iclude everything from FC except the Su-25T.

Meh?

Actually removing content while keeping it playable with people who've gone a different upgrade route is bloody tricky and makes no sense. If Black Shark is going to include everything from FC, it's pretty much going to have to include the Su25T.

I haven't yet heard a definitive answer on this one.

I thought everything meant everything .. how can they leave out the Su-25T when that is in essence the whole point of FC ..

And is it too late to change the name ?? I know its a translation thing but the initials will be "BS" does anyone else see a problem with that. Lol

OT: Arrrrg having some net issues.. hope this reply comes out.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Meh?

Actually removing content while keeping it playable with people who've gone a different upgrade route is bloody tricky and makes no sense. If Black Shark is going to include everything from FC, it's pretty much going to have to include the Su25T.

I haven't yet heard a definitive answer on this one.

I figured it would work just like IL-2 FB/AEP/PF merged and PF stand alone.

Wouldn't that be the more economically sensible solution? Getting people to buy BS who then realises that there are more addons - extra money for ED.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

I figured it would work just like IL-2 FB/AEP/PF merged and PF stand alone.

You mean, those two sims that you can't play together online? ;)

There's simply no point in ED doing that - since Black Shark is an addon anyway, you may as well roll up all the previous work you've done into it.

And with the more limited audience we have, breaking up the versions further is a bad idea.

You mean, those two sims that you can't play together online? ;)
Yes. Online gaming seems to be a very small part of the LockOn experience anyway, at least until we get a new shiny editor ;)

There's simply no point in ED doing that - since Black Shark is an addon anyway, you may as well roll up all the previous work you've done into it.

And with the more limited audience we have, breaking up the versions further is a bad idea.

Maybe you're right... poor FC, being phased out :icon_jook

Where have they stated or hinted that they are going to leave out the Su-25T? That really makes no sense unless you can install BS over your lock FC for a "lock FC BS" install. Is that how its gonna work??..

Oh damn it you guys are faster than my net connection right now lol

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Where have they stated or hinted that they are going to leave out the Su-25T? That really makes no sense unless you can install BS over your lock FC for a "lock FC BS" install. Is that how its gonna work??..

Oh damn it you guys are faster than my net connection right now lol

I read it somewhere... can't remember where though :(