I just can't play this damn........!!!!! grrr

Shaman

I enter VVS504 dedicated server and either my lockon freezes/lockups after seconds, or after minutes. Graphics are frozen, I still hear sound. Can't do nothing! The funniest thing is that my plane still does fly, and usually ends crashing into the ground. Then I suddenly switch from the frozen frame to the spectator mode.

Strange response to controls. If I press ESC I don't see the quit window. But I think that's because the screen doesn't update. The only thing I can do is CTRL+ALT+DEL and patiently wait for task manager to popup so I can kill lockon.exe

I've had this since I don't remember when, but this time it was just to much.

I had 3 times diffrent configurations. I know this is not my systems configuration. It is all known lockon lockup bug and I just can't live with it.

Mostly I see like two frames overlaping each other and that's it. No crash, no debug information, nothing.

If devs would like my dxdiag.txt here it is:

Fix the damn game. I'm not the only one that experiences this. I've always been your supporter ED but today your LockOn really got mad.

edit:

ED's response here: http://forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=155614&postcount=47

edit2:

It looks like 1.12a patch has fixed this issue! (and introduced a new one - sometimes happens that frames suddenly drop to 1FPS)

• Like 1

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

same problem here.........i"m angry........!!!!!and i must wait patiently for task mgr, having deam freezing sittuations.........i"m really angry!!!!!!click down on attached files and tell me, this overlaping windows, are they simmilar to this i have posted.

I don't have these kind of error messages like you do. Because in my case lockon doesn't crash with some debug information. It just locks up - at least the graphics engine part. I have to manualy kill lockon.exe and I don't get any error window like this.

You seem to crash during the loading screen, and you use oldschool LockOn 1.0.

I have right now LO:Flaming Cliffs (1.11)

tail# 44 or 444

shaman.. looks like you have a pci sound card installed on your pc. Disable nforce sound chip on BIOS setup and remove those drivers.

Looks like you don't know a thing about what is happening, mate. I'm sorry, but I'm using both sound cards and it is has nothing to do with my problem. Also - even if it did - the bug is in lockon not in my sound card drivers.

I use SB Live! as my primary card. Anyway thanks for trying to troubleshoot it. It's ED that can fix this problem, noone else. I have friends who have exactly the same random bahaviour of LockOn while they play and they are mad as same as I am. It's totally random, that is why it is so annoying. Today it happend 5times in just 2hours! Sometimes it doesn't happen even once a day.

tail# 44 or 444

TomKatt, thanks for your help anway. I've done what you suggested, disabled onboard soundcard and it's drivers. For the time I thought it was a miracle, but then again a moment ago I've been flying on 504th server and had a lockup.

Oh btw. The sound also is locked because when I move my throttle engine sound doesnt change.

When I press ESC, cursor shows up, but I don't see the quit window like I said. So I had to kill the process.

tail# 44 or 444

It could in fact be your LIVE!, too - I put mine in my linux server and never looked back after getting an Audigy ... then again that's a pretty expensive way to experiment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

yup sham, having 2 soundcards, although pc's can infact have as many as you want, they will conflict in buggin little ways, normally when it comes to gaming. I dont know what the prob is that your having, but if its sound related, and the fact that you have 2 soundcards installed, the next logical step would be for you to disable one of them and totally remove the drivers and all other related software from your pc of that particular sound device.

been thinking about this. it could be Lockon also (as shaman said) Even if he has 2 sound cards (i guess he's no prob with other games or apps) why can't lockon support it? what about 2 video cards? (not SLI stuff) I remember my nephew playing fps games (e.g counter-strike?). His old pc has 2 video cards (onboard & pci card). zero lockups.. the games support the dual video cards setup and run fine.

interesting. this thread is becoming SB issues lol

It just gets annoying when people blame the game instead of their crappy equipment.

There are many known bugs/issues within the game itself that everyone is aware of, but the "ALL KNOWN LOCKON CRASH BUG" is not one of them!

IMO, someone running 2 soundcards (1 being and SBL) is asking for problems.

is this ok?

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
someone running 2 soundcards (1 being and SBL) is asking for problems.

affirm, 2 soundcards and anything from the creative camp is just asking to get get your butty raped.

@Aivanov - Buy Flaming Cliffs from the http://www.lockon.ru site, so you have your own activation code. I'm sure you'll find someone who will burn the files for you and mail you a CD

@everyone_else.

Do you really think it is my SB Live 5.1?!

I've never had any problems with both my soundcards in any other app (stop saying it is the worst card ever because it is not, only bugged software has problems with it):

From flightsims I'm using: X-plane, FS2004 with more addons then FS2004 weights alone, FB(AEP+PF), Orbiter + few of other latest games. I'm a gamer, I play everything. I do use two sound cards, connected to two sound systems and I have advantages by using both at the same time. Not even a single game created problems because of that. So it's just silly. You are on the wrong track. They work flawless with eachother and even if they are physically disconnected and uinstalled lockon lockups still occur (I've noticed that after windows totall reinstalation and clean system without any sound drivers and no card installed and mobo sound disabled in BIOS) . So here is the worst: after physically disabling both of the sound cards I've experienced random lockup on vvs504 dedicated server mission. That's why I'm mad. Because I can't troubleshoot this damn thing. It's totally random and doesn't create any debug information. My hands are tied and I just have to live with it, but sometimes I really can't stand it.

Friend of mine and squadmate has X-FI card from Creative which is even newer then audigy and experiences the same problem. So it is not soundcard related for sure. There's rather more then a big chance it is something else but rather it's LockOn alone.

From all its random behaviour. Some weird pattern is emerging about these lockups I guess. I'll need to do much more testing and watch lockon closely. The worst thing is I DONT KNOW HOW TO RUN THIS APP IN DEBUG MODE, so it logs everything that's happening.

What I've noticed so far and can confirm as some real pattern:

- More random lockups if mission is bigger and more complicated then others

- More random lockups in multiplayer then singleplayer

- More random lockups on "dedicated server" (combination of these two above I guess)

- Bigger chance for a lockup when big event happens - someone roams into your plane f.e.

tail# 44 or 444

Guest ruggbutt

SB Live has genuine issues with Lock On. It also has a feedback loop when using voice comms. A simple upgrade usually removes those problems. I haven't had one sound issue since I got one of the Audigy 2 series cards. SB's drivers have been upgraded, I'm using their beta drivers and couldn't be happier.

Another reason for CTD's would be drivers. The brand new 81.95 Forceware drivers crash F.E.A.R. to desktop for me. Not having one or the other soundcard disabled in BIOS is another reason. You can have both, but there are conflicts. I have mine disabled.

Don't take the wrong path people (don't go offtopic with your sound problems). What I'm experiencing has nothing to do with soundcards and I have no CTD but lockups/freezes.

I've just finished game on 504 server. It's been a bit more then 2,5hours in Su-25T and I've wasted around 20-30units in two missions. Thought this time I was very lucky, no lockups!. However just moment ago after I landed I experienced same issue, but this time lockup lasted just around ~30seconds, so when I just saw it did unfreeze for a while I took my chance and quit the game. If I'd wait then moments later another lockup would occur.

Now I'm here :/ This time not mad, this time at least I've played a good game. Fortunately it happened already when I was back and safe in base.

tail# 44 or 444

I have a SB Live Value and i cant use it in Lockon v1.Anything, if i go F2 view and release a weapon on its impact the sound goes nuts and sometimes reboots my PC.

I use the AC97 on-board sound card, the SB Live is very old in sound-card terms and Creative stopped supporting sometime ago. I remember having infinate probs with it back with Ghost Recon so bad they had to release a patch to fix it !

Get rid of the old SB Live and upgrade to the Audigy 4 7.1.....they are £50 in the UK and you get a remote control ;).