Twin pylons and new MER6/5 for Su and MiG fighters

komarov

Hi!

I would like to show for you my new work with this twin launchers for the underwing or inner underwing pylons and the new MER6-FAB-100 and MER5-FAB-100.

As you see, the rear launchers has five, but the other have 6 bombs, like on the real Sukhoi planes. The twin launchers are use all 500 kg caliber unguided bombs and all unguided Flanker family used rockets in pair.

http://kertiember.uw.hu/karanten/weapontest.jpg

http://kertiember.uw.hu/karanten/weapontest2.jpg

This new MER6-FAB-100 launcher are avaiable for MiG-29 too.

But!

This is just an "in-the-editor" status, because in the simulation, we don't see this.

The main reason - I think - is the CLSID code.

Please help!

I would like to use this configuration launchers, because i think its mor realistic than the old versions.

Bye!

If you choose another used CLSID code, in the game, you will see the original "owner".

For example, if you create a new object, a launcher, you give a new name, you give the picture as we see in the editor under the pylons, but if you use the copy/paste CLSID code of the original object, the game duplicated it, and you will see the original.

If you try a different code, you see the new creature, but just in the editor, not in the game.

Because the game don't know the new code.

You have to make a new for xample: S-25x2.lom and -.cmd file.

You have to make a new object.

Myself, Wolfie and Alfa tried to configure the rocket pods like this a while back (use forum search if you wish to view topic) and we came to the conclusion that it cannot be done because the rockets that the pods fire are assigned to the pod. This pairing is possible but you cannot have the double pyloned pods because you would have to pair 2 pods up to a MER then assign all of the rockets to these pods.

The only pylon that has 3 rocket pods is the NATO LAU pod and this achieves this because the pylon and pods are actually 1 model not 4.

Ah - that's a problem you can't overcome.

The CLSIDs are inseparable from the objects they're attached to. That's decided deep within the Lomac code, and as such cannot be edited by us lowly community members.

How are you creating the dual-launchers in the loadout screen?

It was simple, I took the twin Mk-82/83 pods for F/A-18, and copy/paste the coordinates to the rocketpods, and give the ...*2 name.

The short MERs are made from the MER9 and MER4.

The MER9-FAB-100 was for the trio position, and MER4-FAB-100 for the tandem coordinates.

Because in the game, the 100 kg caliber MER6 is too long.

And the MER5 was made for the rear underfuselage position, because - I don't know why - this is a five hardpoint user MER.

The problem really has nothing to do with CLSIDs. You can create new CLSIDs for a new weapon combination(launcher + weapon) and state this when making the new weapon entry in the Meinit.xml.

However, to get it to work "in-game" you need to define this new weapon´s combination in a couple of lua files. The problem with dual rocketpod MERs is, as Wolverine said, that it seems impossible to combine three different things in these lua files - i.e. you can pair a launcher rack with weapon(s) and you can pair rocket(s) with a launch container, but it does not seem possible to combine all three(MER launcher rack, rocket containers and rockets) into one weapon entry.

It should be possible to get the MER bomb racks to work though(i.e. only two types of things - rack + bombs).

- JJ.

JJ