Lockon mapeditor, some maths help needed

pappavis

Hi guys,

I am hopeful that someone will create a compiler/de-compiler utility for the .lsa2 file. Bazar>Terrain>Surface>High>land.lsa2

This file contains pointers to land tetures. I believe it also contains elevation and map coordinate data.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Indeed. I tried to figure it out, but no luck yet.

Is LSA2 a standard format of some geographical software?

Indeed. I tried to figure it out, but no luck yet.

Is LSA2 a standard format of some geographical software?

I did my best to google lsa2, lsa, etc., to no avail. I also tried searching for "Panorama" which, according to this screen, is the software used to create maps in Lockon.

http://www.lockon.ru/img/technology/pic1_22.jpg

Panorama uses a .map extension, so if you know of any software using .map files, let me know. It may be as simple as renaming a .map file to .lsa2.

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

I did my best to google lsa2, lsa, etc., to no avail. I also tried searching for "Panorama" which, according to this screen, is the software used to create maps in Lockon.

http://www.lockon.ru/img/technology/pic1_22.jpg

Panorama uses a .map extension, so if you know of any software using .map files, let me know. It may be as simple as renaming a .map file to .lsa2.

Check out these

http://web.nmsu.edu/~kwurm/Software.html

http://backsight.com/downloads_wingmm_files.htm

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wingmm

Now I'm quite sure that LSA means "Least Squares Adjustment".

• 1 month later...

well...

I mailed pat01 a couple of times for the source code of his mission copy utility, he is willing to send it to me, unfortunately I was really unlucky with my spam filter 2 times already... I hope he will upload it to my ftp

This header really gives me headaches... If it was only a header on top and a couple of dots at the end, everything would be fine and easy...

The problem starts when mission file increases above 64KB (65536 bytes). That is when the first binary bits and pieces are actually written between the XML, seperating it into pieces of ASCII between binary blocks... This continues in unregular intervals, for my mission with block length from binary start - to - binary start: 65536, 65536-512, 65536+256, 65536-2048 and something odd or similar... which is, at least for me, to much to understand by simply looking at it....

So again, since pat01 has built a tool that can merge multiple groups into one new mission file with significant file size increase, he must have figured out what this is all about... clever him....

I'm waiting to see how...

zillion

...The programming environment is M$ VS2003.NET, coding in c#. Though at home i use VS2005 Beta 2. If you dont have it, go grab the "free" express edition from the msdn website.

Do you have any ideas yourself, your help will be greatly appreciated :cool:

@ pappavis

I took your advice and installed the 2005 express edition... I should start to fiddle into c#, sounds like a sharp thing to do altogether...

I put together the XZ and UTM coordinate translator and it works just fine... In case you still need it, it's

>>>HERE<<<

I know how to read and save a mission now, it will take some time until i get it working though...

Meantime I already started drawing with windows.forms...

We want, a scrollable, zoomable map, with all features the ATC client provides (coastline, rivers, roads, cities, nav-aids/fixes, airways, Final Approach lines & labels, grid and integrated altitude map with height reading).... Which will be a lot for my first c# project. So any help is appreciated... I can provide the data of all geographical features in ungenerated arc lines/polygons which is basically just an ascii list of decimal lat/long...

thx

I have used GDI+ to draw a test Coastline and Rivers... It will need a lot of optimizing to run smooth on repaint but I think it will be possible to render all Display Layers efficiently with a little more work. It can now read Arc ungenerate Line/Areas (.dat files) and will draw them automatically...

map.jpg

MS Visual C# 2005 Project can be downloaded here:

>>Download<<

I have integrated a menu so I can open a file chooser and load a mission... I can press another Menu and extract the mission description :)

Not so far by now... but at least i have the proper interfaces to read and save...

The problem is that the return value of nearly all fuctions or Interfaces is a ComObject and I don't really understand what to cast it into, to actually get the data...

Any ideas welcome...

Updated

After fiddling around with override OnPaint() methods and e.ClipRectangle clipping functions I have realized even though it might be possible to invent the square wheel and dig into SVG's, I might just embedd my existing flash movie into c# and let flash do the drawing... (For all non believers, yes for 2D graphics Flash is faster than 99% of all existing GDI+ source code).... That will give me time to concentrate on the mission loading / data extraction and modification instead of rendering polylines and worry about performance.... It will be finished sooner....

Add flights of 8 client planes with one click ?

Have the exact same waypoints for flights and snap to realworld Navaids and Fixpoints while editing ?

Edit missions online for dedicated servers...

Export a Kneeboard .dds containing the flight plan including ETA.

Now even sooner....

Hope you'll like it...

• 4 weeks later...
I have integrated a menu so I can open a file chooser and load a mission... I can press another Menu and extract the mission description :)

Glad to hear you are making progress.

The problem is that the return value of nearly all fuctions or Interfaces is a ComObject and I don't really understand what to cast it into, to actually get the data...

Any ideas welcome...

What are some of the functions that you are trying to use (that return COM objects)? I can probably help.

I started work on my dynamic campaign system again, but it's a huge project.

Cheers,

LP

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

• 1 month later...

I wrote an email to the Eagle.ru developers asking about my problem when trying to cast the System.ComObject to an ICollecetion or IList.

Or simply, how to extract readable data using the interfaces provided with MOM.lib or MOM.dll

Valery Blazhnov answered me briefly, stating that they are no longer supporting the MOM.lib and will not implement it in future versions, therefore I will stop developing the Mission Editor and see what's going to change in BS...

so long

Zillion

PS: The .dat files I am reading have nothing to do with the .dat files LockOn is using. They can be downloaded at the GIS data depot free of charge for Ukraine, WestRussia and Georgia.

They include:

Admin/Political Boundaries - 1M - E00 Format

Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED) Level 0

Geologic - 1M - E00 Format

Hydrography - 1M - E00 Format

Hypsography - 1M - E00 Format

Landsat Enhanced Thematic Mapper Mosaics - 2000

Landsat Thematic Mapper Mosaics - 1990

Landuse/Land Cover - 1M - E00 Format

Place Name Gazetteer

Transportation - 1M - E00 Format

http://data.geocomm.com/catalog/

• 8 months later...

Valery Blazhnov answered me briefly, stating that they are no longer supporting the MOM.lib and will not implement it in future versions, therefore I will stop developing the Mission Editor and see what's going to change in BS...

so long

ED plans some new MissionEditor faciltities for BS, but, bcos the release of BS has been delayed (will it be released, in my lifetime?) how are you progressing on your mission-editor?

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

After many months of doing nothing some new ideas came to mind. I am reverse engineering Lockon's mission editor library, the MOMlib.dll, into a class model.

For the community there's no sign of Black Shark anytime soon. So why not continue on this editor?

That way to give a visual representation of the structure. So far here are some very initially things that i have done.

For those into the tech details;

* An XML-Schema's representation (incomplete!!) download for a lockon mission (LO uses XML to store mission files).

* Example missionfile as XML, ripped from the Su-25T arty hunt mission.

EnterpriseArchitect_LOmissEdit200705.jpg

The MOMlib class model, after 10 minutes of reverse engineering.

lockon_missionfile_xsd01.jpg

The XSD visual representation.

lockon_missionfile_voorbeeldXML01.jpg

The missionfile, visually.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]