Slow Load Times & MP Drop Out

Breakshot

I friend of mine is having this very weird problem, he is Running FC 1.11 on a pretty decent rig P4 3.2, 9800Pro 512meg ram. His load times are unbeliavably slow (no matter what precatching levels are set eg. 20km). I tried optimizing his system for the game such as disabling xp processes, running end-it-all, latest drivers etc etc but with little or no success.

In SP this problem is still tolerable, only the first time the mission is launched it is slow, on the second run is much better. He is also getting pretty decent frames in-game.(med settings ~ 30fps down low & 50+ up high) so the gf card is workin fine...

In multiplayer however he is unable to stay in the server as when he presses "fly" it takes ages to load, and when its done, he ends up with the "press S" screen. And is no more present in the server (time out drop i think). Anyway i saw a post about this problem here a while back, but that post has already been deleted. Does anyone know any solutions to this problem? Thanx

Oh by the way, this has only recently occured since he installed his x45 and tweake the game alittle (fps tweaks, lua scripts etc) mabe thats where the problem lies...

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

While 512mb is the listed recommended it is advisable to use 1 Gig of RAM if not 2 Gig.

Also to stop the MP drop out go to C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Config\network\config.LUA and open with wordpad.

change to the following.

gameTimeout = 600;

pingPeriod = 1;

maxPacketSize = 500;

playerName = "";

idleTimeout = 600;

I suggest reinstalling of Lock-On,and before installing again try a defragging.Also,after formats I noticed my load times decreased multiple times if he considers it as an option.

The final solution is a bunch of more RAM though,512Mb RAM isn't enough for the games of today :)

Thnx for ur replies. It turns out I had my network file already tweaked in my lockon, so i sent him a copy. And it appears that it fixed the drop out problem and he is able to fly online now.

I have a quetion about the game timeout & idle timeout settings are they counted in milliseconds? or issit just a value? the bigger the longer it waits before dropping right? Thx again for your help!

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot