Patch 1.12, anyone else have this problem?

Guest IguanaKing

Guest IguanaKing

I patched to 1.12 last night, and just tried continuing an SP campaign...Mission 3 in the Euro FlashPoint I campaign. The RHAW in the A-10 appears to be broken now. I still get symbols and tones from enemy aircraft that have been splashed by my CAP. No aircraft there to radiate, but they're still stuck on the RHAW. Anyone else have this problem?

Guest IguanaKing

I did the same as DarkStar...the web page about the changes in 1.12 CLEARLY states that it is a cumulative patch that can be applied over 1.11. If this isn't true, that's fine, but they need to change the wording in that page. So, Wolf, does this mean you don't have the problem?

Haven't had time to try any missions, etc yet myself. But...I tried installing over V1.11 first and ended up in "Waterworld". No ground textures were showing up. Just buildings and trees, etc floating on the water. Kinda cool but...

Reinstalled over a fresh LockOn 1.1 install and all now looks well. Haven't had time to fly any missions yet. As an aside, I'm sure most, if not all, A2A tutorials for V1.11 are broken due to the readjusted missile modeling.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Yesteday I flew MiG-29S on 504, and I had ghost airspikes from one direction; and there was clearly nooone there.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Yep Iguana, I confirmed, I have the same issue. Is this an issue or a feature? lol

I tried it against a Mig 29 and an Su 27 in single player, and it does the same thing.

The thing is, if the target is nose cold (or destroyed), you don't get the sound, just the "29" (or "25") on the TEWS, but if the target turns nose hot again, you hear the sound. Also, switching RWR modes will clear or reset the TEWS if the target is actually not painting anymore.

sig36aa.jpg

Guest IguanaKing

Thanks for the reply, Rich. So far though, I haven't had Waterworld (LOL), everything works great except for the RHAW. On the subject of Waterworld, in the above-listed campaign...even in 1.11, I like to just dish out massive destruction to the enemy, so I land at forward air bases quite a bit to re-fuel and re-arm. First problem...again, even with 1.11...I can't get my wingnuts to do the same as me. THAT is probably just me doing something wrong though. Second problem, which definitely isn't me, is that I have landed a few times and come to a rather quick full-stop, and can't move again. Speeds were good, sink rate good, 3 greens confirmed even after touchdown. I see a runway from inside the cockpit. Now, here's the weirdness. I use F2 to view the outside of my A-10...and...WTF!!!...I'm sitting in water! LOL! It seems Mr. F2 in LOMAC occasionally smokes a little:icon_weed. Go back to F1, still a runway and land all around me. Goofy.

Guest IguanaKing
yep shift-r usually does the trick

I guess that's a good workaround...but its not how it works IRL. I may have to go back to 1.11 until the next patch. Does anybody know if I can do a clean, full re-install without burning another SF activation?

Installed 1.12 patch over a clean 1.1 intsall And I have the ghost Spikes as well.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Use the starforce utility to save your registration key and put it on your desktop. Remove lockon and delete the folder too. Reinstall the game, 1.0 1.1 then 1.12 and when you are done, put the key into your lockon folder and execute it and you should be set. Also it might help the spike problem.

sigpic4165_1.gif

attachment.php?attachmentid=36435&d=1266786388

They seem to persist longer than that. Although I can tell from real spikes from ghosts because the real ones emmits sound and are often acompaigned by blinking or changing Symbol (F-15). Ghosts remain there but silent and mostly inactive. The qick start mission is indicative. The Mig-25 Spike remains there for eons even if that plane is no longer radiating in my direction.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

They seem to persist longer than that. Although I can tell from real spikes from ghosts because the real ones emmits sound and are often acompaigned by blinking or changing Symbol (F-15). Ghosts remain there but silent and mostly inactive. The qick start mission is indicative. The Mig-25 Spike remains there for eons even if that plane is no longer radiating in my direction.

I think this was in answer to my deleted post. Thank you. You must have been answering while I was deleting. (I found the answer to my Q in a Bugs thread and didn't want to waste anyone's time here.)

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Guest IguanaKing

Good to have the insights of yet another LOMAC guy who knows his stuff, Pilotasso, thanks. :icon_supe I could probably differentiate the spikes the way you do, but its hard to do through tones alone, since, sometimes, you've got so many other spikes on the RHAW that ARE still active. BTW...RHAW tones in LOMAC have never been differentiated as they are IRL, but that's cool...I can accept that. I just need a dead air threat to disappear when he's dead, as it is IRL. Flying the RHAW is VERY important in a jet like the A-10 that can't do BVR combat very well. :D

Guest IguanaKing
And maybe redownload 1.12 as it might corrupted itself, just a thought.

Thanks for the ideas, Cougar. But it seems some of those who have followed your first suggestion...before the fact, of course...have had the same problem. I don't think I'm going to spend too much time re-downloading a patch which is clearly broken. Thanks anyway. Thanks for the SF retention instructions, BTW...I'll make use of that when I revert to 1.11 which wasn't broken for me. :D

Guest IguanaKing

Not sure about that, but, in the interest of continuing my RWR chart...I'll have a Hawk bag a Fulcrum and see if he goes away on my RHAW.

Guest IguanaKing

Fresh, user-created mission with 1.12...Hawk says to Fulcrum..."And now, I shall kill you until you are dead.". Fulcrum, undeniably dead (I witnessed its demise using the F2 camera). Go back to the cockpit of my Hog and...29 still visible and I'm still getting tones on RHAW. BTW...my A-10 never left the ground, I just sat and watched on the RHAW and outside/map/inside views. Still no RHAW indication of Hawk on my RHAW, BTW...HUGE bug alert, again. :mad: