MY WARMEST THANKS TO ED

Dear Sirs,

some days ago I've purchased GeForce 6800 GS. Now I can fly LO at max graphics (water is set to High). This sim is really extraordinary!!! I've purchased LO few months ago, so at present day my training are Su-33 traffic patterns based on Kuznetsov. I fly these patterns changing regularly Kuz speed,fuel loaded and weather (wind, turbulence, fog

and yes, overcast with 16-20 fps). Each pattern is a new challenge. Once in a while some dogfights (only GUN) against a F-14. This can appear meaningless in an air combat sim, but I'm so enthusiast (fly this sim using TrackIR is very fine).

ED very many thanks for what You have done!

And we look ahead at your next product ...

In this "Black Sea" of delights, a disappointing news: an improved model of Su-33 (concerning AFM, damage, realistic avionics, real ramp start, mouse interactive cockpit, 6DOF, ...) is not yet scheduled. :( Demoralizing ...

Thanks again. Sincerely

Antonio

Anybody have a 6600 GT video card? How do you like it? I have an ATI 9600 Pro card and it is good. Not great, but does the job a medium to high settings. Also, I've overclocked the memory and gpu, so it's better than stock. I would like to get a 6600 GT, because many reviews have it better than the 9800 Pro. The 6600 GT is half the price now, so I am wanting one even more. Any advice would be helpful.

12FPS sounds low to me...I have an XFX 6800GS, I run everything on high except water(low), effects(low), and visible range (med).

You can see some screenies from my machine with full overcast and rain:

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002992#000000

my rig stats are in my sig at the above link...

also check this link:

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=146;t=000645#000000

I wanted to see what it took to get me to single digits....lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you mean the 12FPS you used to get seems low to you now?

I'm not surprised - those are some good FPS you're getting & That massed bombing run would give my machine some sort of heatstroke or a hemorage.

Out of curiosity - some of those shots seem to have the shadows turned off or down & the horizon is very sharp - is the haze turned down? - if it's not just my imagination would you not rather have the eye-candy & sacrifiace a few FPS - you'd never notice the FPS difference 95% of the time, but it would look sweet all the time.

Cheers.

Shadows are all planar, and haze I use Hawq11's skyfix for basic haze users. As I stated in the above thread it was a huge FPS improvement with my old card so I just left it. To be honest I can't tell a difference between that fix and advanced haze, but I sure do notice a huge FPS boost. Thanks Hawq11!

Since taking these shots I've started using med water, and that eats up like 5-10 FPS down low, but shadows and haze are perfect the way they are. as far as eye-candy, heat blur and trees are eye-candy to me after how i had to run my old card!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dear Sirs,

some days ago I've purchased GeForce 6800 GS. Now I can fly LO at max graphics (water is set to High). This sim is really extraordinary!!! I've purchased LO few months ago, so at present day my training are Su-33 traffic patterns based on Kuznetsov. I fly these patterns changing regularly Kuz speed,fuel loaded and weather (wind, turbulence, fog

and yes, overcast with 16-20 fps).

But this most likely will only apply to single player mode. In MP mode, with your computer as the host, your fps will drop, I'm sure.

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Anybody have a 6600 GT video card? How do you like it? I have an ATI 9600 Pro card and it is good. Not great, but does the job a medium to high settings. Also, I've overclocked the memory and gpu, so it's better than stock. I would like to get a 6600 GT, because many reviews have it better than the 9800 Pro. The 6600 GT is half the price now, so I am wanting one even more. Any advice would be helpful.

I have the xfx 6600 gt . Yes its as cheap as I would go but it also does kick some butt. Keep in mind youll need to stick with 768 res and be carefull of setting things too high. Also if a whole lot of stuff is going on be prepared to dip into the teens for awhile but mostly BVR is like 50 fps CAC can be maybe an average of 30 -35 fps good enough for me but its rumored this card benefits from a 64 bit platform too.

check this out

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/2004-27gpu2_25.html

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
12FPS sounds low to me...I have an XFX 6800GS, I run everything on high except water(low), effects(low), and visible range (med).

You can see some screenies from my machine with full overcast and rain:

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002992#000000

my rig stats are in my sig at the above link...

also check this link:

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=146;t=000645#000000

I wanted to see what it took to get me to single digits....lol

you will get the highest fps from lockon in external view, your screenies are all external, what was the fps when you were in the pit for those screenies ?

EDIT:

i saw your second set of screenies and that kinda seems to be the norm for 6800, as my old 68gt was in the same ballpark fps wise, slightly higher tho also with of 4x aa and 8xaf. as soon as you jump into pit, the fps takes a huge jump downwards...

6800 with full details? and 16fps? could you post the rest of your system plz?

i got 7800GTX and less FPS but my card has a stronger GPU....?

sorry for delay, Mav

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 2/17/2006, 13:24:46

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) SP2

BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/12/04 15:25:34 Ver: 08.00.09

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1022MB RAM

Page File: 148MB used, 2311MB available

Windows Dir: D:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Monitor: F900B

Monitor Max Res: 2048,1536

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [DE80]

Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0402 (English)

----------------

Gameport Devices

----------------

(using CH products: rudder, fighterstick and throttle)

------------------------

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives

------------------------

Drive: C: (for paging file)

Free Space: 0.5 GB

Total Space: 2.0 GB

File System: NTFS

Model: Maxtor 6Y080L0

Drive: D: (WIN XP is installed here)

Free Space: 3.2 GB

Total Space: 8.0 GB

Drive: E: (LO is installed here)

Free Space: 30.0 GB

Total Space: 50.0 GB

Drive: F:

Free Space: 9.5 GB

Total Space: 18.2 GB

Drive: G:

Model: DVDRW IDE1008

--------------

System Devices

--------------

Name: Intel® 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579

(motherboard ASUS P4C800 deluxe)

To avoid clouds corruption texture: I leave original PCILatency (248). Otherwise clouds will be corrupted.

Still, avoid to hit ALT-ESC when in LO, otherwise clouds will be corrupted for some seconds.

GeForce setting: antialias=D (read as disabled ), anisotropic=D, syncron=applic, mipmap=bilinear.

LO graphic setting (from above): H (read as High), H, 100km, yes, H, advanced, all, H, H, on, all planar, 32bit, 1600x1200.

graphic.cfg setting: ShadowDensity=0.4, FogParam=14, ObjectFogMutiplier=0.7

view\view.cfg setting: ExplosionExpTime=0.2

view\view.lua setting: ExplosionExpTime=0.2

I hope this can help You. regards

To avoid clouds corruption texture: I leave original PCILatency (248). Otherwise clouds will be corrupted.

Still, avoid to hit ALT-ESC when in LO, otherwise clouds will be corrupted for some seconds.

Good find, did you replied this also into the cloud texture bug thread? You should...I never did had no issue with clouds but will check this out. Might be able to replicate it if thats the source. Again good find, thanks for the info.

Cheers :cool:

you will get the highest fps from lockon in external view, your screenies are all external, what was the fps when you were in the pit for those screenies ?

EDIT:

i saw your second set of screenies and that kinda seems to be the norm for 6800, as my old 68gt was in the same ballpark fps wise, slightly higher tho also with of 4x aa and 8xaf. as soon as you jump into pit, the fps takes a huge jump downwards...

the pit shots you refer to were during a mission with 53 A/C and 70k lbs of dumb bombs on screen...if thats your normal FPS something is wrong...

Here's a shot with only me in the mission checking out tress from the pit:

nyd9tz.jpg

and here's one from the mission with all the bombs on the ingress:

nydao7.jpg

Only time I'm under 35 FPS in the pit is when I am flying low over a big ground fire, or during a mission with ALOT of ordinance sucking up cycles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]