Birdy's *NEW* Scenery file for LockOn FINAL !

504MrWolf

Birdy has finished the amazing new scenery for Lockon FC and has kindly uploaded it to http://www.lockonskins.co.uk. You can find the High and Medium scenery mods here :

www.lockonskins.co.uk/MODS

Thought i would start a new thread to save trawling through 9 pages of the original :).

Thankyou to Birdy and team for all their hard work, this truely is a game changing MOD !!

Wolfie:icon_supe

• Like 1

Thanks all who worked on this - really improves the sim ... a must have mod IMHO!

Does anyone know how modifying the .SCN file was done? Any information would be much appreciated. I'm hoping the software used will be able to read the map files, as well. This could be a new beginning for users making maps for lockon. I have lots of Iraq satellite imagery already. It would be real easy to get the elevation data and voila...new map.

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

Does anyone know how modifying the .SCN file was done? Any information would be much appreciated. I'm hoping the software used will be able to read the map files, as well. This could be a new beginning for users making maps for lockon. I have lots of Iraq satellite imagery already. It would be real easy to get the elevation data and voila...new map.

The scenery files only contain objects such as bridges, houses, trees and vehicules.

Runways, roads and map-images are generated from other files and can not be edited with the utility i used.

Contact SwingKid if you're interested in editing scenery files.

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

The scenery files only contain objects such as bridges, houses, trees and vehicules.

Runways, roads and map-images are generated from other files and can not be edited with the utility i used.

Contact SwingKid if you're interested in editing scenery files.

Thanks for the info, Birdy.

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

I'm guessing that this mod interferes with the FPS Fix 2.0d right? Can't have best of both worlds?

Jason

I don't know what this Fix does so I can't answer that.

DELL Inspiron 1564 / Intel Core i3 M330 @ 2.13GHz (4GB)___ATI Radeon HD4330(512Mb)___Windows7 Home Premium 64bit

I'd love to be able to have the full forest effect that only comes into play in the 'high' options setting available for 'low' and 'medium' settings too. The forest doesn't seem to have much effect on frame rate but it looks too good for it to only be available on the highest setting.

Is this possible ?

I'd love to be able to have the full forest effect that only comes into play in the 'high' options setting available for 'low' and 'medium' settings too. The forest doesn't seem to have much effect on frame rate but it looks too good for it to only be available on the highest setting.

Is this possible ?

This Mod Increses FPS by removing many buildings but leaving all trees. Buildings remaining are Control towers, large airport hangars, power line towers with generators, radio towers, and a few houses and hotels.

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=76&lid=267&ttitle=Structure_FPS_Mod#dldetails

Hopefully, that helps. Cheers.

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

I'm guessing that this mod interferes with the FPS Fix 2.0d right? Can't have best of both worlds?

Jason

Well, if that fix does what Hawg11 says, it just might.

I take it that the fix changes the original high-scenery file. If so, it should also be able to change my scenery file with the added trees. That way you have all the extra trees and lack some buildings (like Hawg11 said) to increase FPS.

(Do correct me if I'm wrong here)

666th_birdy, we are talking about two different mods. The mod I'm referring to is one I made a while back. It has nothing to do with FPS Fix 2.0d.

The FPS mod that I made should not interfere with yours at all. I can't speak for what will happen with FPS Fix 2.0d, since I didn't write it.

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

There is no readme. What directory do I extract this file too?

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

This Mod Increses FPS by removing many buildings but leaving all trees. Buildings remaining are Control towers, large airport hangars, power line towers with generators, radio towers, and a few houses and hotels.

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&cid=76&lid=267&ttitle=Structure_FPS_Mod#dldetails

Thanks Hawg11 !

Just what I was looking for....:cool:

Oh no. This MOD removed many Aircraft Shelter on the Airbases. That is not very nice!

Not for me!

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

Oh no. This MOD removed many Aircraft Shelter on the Airbases. That is not very nice!

Not for me!

Hi. If you mean the mod that I created, there is a file which lists all of the structures so you can add them in yourself, to your liking.

Here's the directory:

LockOn>Bazar>StructTable.SHT

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

Hi. If you mean the mod that I created, there is a file which lists all of the structures so you can add them in yourself, to your liking.

Here's the directory:

LockOn>Bazar>StructTable.SHT

Yea, I do it!

Many Thanks! ;)

Kind Regards

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

Is this possible ?

You could try to make a copy of medium.scn, then rename it as low.scn if that is what your asking?

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

@warthogmadman987:

The easiest way is to rename one or two tree objects to objects that are present in the mission editor. The WC-object is hardly used and could be used to place a tree on the map instead. You should go to the bazar\terrain\structures\high folder and copy for instance file tree_7.cmd. Then rename this copy to wc.cmd (make backup of wc.cmd first)

The hard way is to change the scenery file using a util made by Swingkid (sent him a PM). It's a bit more difficult and more time consuming. Compiling a new high-scenery file takes approx 13 hours !.

Another way is to add objects to the mission editor by editing files meinit.xml and structtable.sht. Check an article I wrote on that elsewhere in the Mod section.

@Hawg11;

I see, sorry for the misunderstanding. I you remove objects from the structtable.sht file they won't show in the scenery and therefor increase framrate. Note that I've added a few hundred non-tree objects in my new scnenery as well. They won't show either.

@ Dusty Rhodes and Cosmonaut:

correct. Files go into bazar\terrain\scenes

@lima6

I made a new scenery file with extra trees both for the High AND Medium setting. Both can be downloaded at lockonfiles.com

I don't understand your description of this mod. I just went to download it, and here is the descripiton at LockonFiles.com:

"This adds trees, trucks, planes and many immersive objects in and around the airfields of Lockon. This is the High version for computers running High Scenes setting."

You say it removes many buildings. But LockonFiles.com says it Adds trees, trucks, planes, ect... Does it do both?

Also, how do you install it? Just copy it to Bazar/Terrains/Scenes and overwrite the existing file? (with backup first of course)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Snacko,

In your quote, Hawg11 referes to a different Mod. My scenery mod does just as the description at lockonfiles says.

Yes, simply overwrite the old high.scn file

I wonder if it's possible to put in a few forests here an there on the map?

I'm figuring it may be FPS kill but just may be cool enough....

The problem with the current theatre is that it is nowhere flat (except the airfield-areas). The tree objects have a load of parameters that make up the direction and tilt characteristic but I don´t know how they are used. For flat areas these parameters aren´t used so it was possible for me to use them around airfields only.

As I understand it from other users, the extra trees only chew up 1 or 2 FPS so very acceptable

PS: have you been here 43°31'00"N - 43°36'48"E ?