A-10/F-15 RHAW/TEWS Threat Chart V1.0

Guest IguanaKing

Guest IguanaKing

Hi everybody,

Well...here it is. Any corrections or suggestions are welcome, otherwise...enjoy. :D I'll be working on friendly radars next. I have them all recorded already, but haven't yet put them into a chart.

I decided to limit the information on it, so the threat radars could all be on a single page and the text would still be large enough to be easily read.

Hey Iggy ol' buddy nice work!! One point, doesn't the 27 and the 29 show up on the RWR as the same? Sure I have read on the Forums that it couldn't distinguish between them as both are Slot Back....

Also you have put 08 SA-8 Gecko KUB ln Land Roll

Surely you don't mean KUB ln rather it is OSA...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Guest IguanaKing

Nope, 27 and 29, in LOMAC anyway, don't show up as the same on the RWR. My chart came from actually putting each thing on the map, one at a time, and flying the mission to chart the RWR responses.

I'll have to review the file to address the other question...maybe it was a formatting error.

Thanks for the feedback, BRD, old boy. :beer:

Edit: DOH!!! Not a formatting error...just a major f***-up on my part. I had a much more detailed chart that included more things before. I guess I missed that. Thanks for the heads up. Fixing it now. :D

Guest IguanaKing
The Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29A/C/G all show up as "29" on the TEWS and RWR as the Slotback radar is what is identified and not the type of jet using it.

No they don't. The Su-27 shows up as 27 on the RWR, just like the chart says. ;) The MiG-29 and Su-33 both show up as 29 though. I understand what you are saying though...technically, the RWR should not be able to distinguish between them...but it does on an arbitrary basis. ;) I didn't create the game...just trying to work within its limitations, and this is what I came up with. :D

NSCode...this test was conducted with 1.11, and the post I am replying to is an example of the reasons I didn't just read the manual. ;) The manual is incomplete and inaccurate in relation to what actually happens in the game.

Guest IguanaKing

Ah...so, in 1.12 this was changed...just confirmed it. But it is NOT true in 1.11, which I had installed since long before starting this project. Noticed the edit, BTW. ;) Its OK if you mention specific versions and maybe say "oops" once in a while, it leads to a lot less confusion. ;)

Are you sure you have 1.11 installed and aren't running just 1.1?

From the v1.11 readme... "The Su-27/33 and MiG-29 appear on the TEWS and RWR as a ‘29’ symbol because of the similarity of the associated radars."

"x" just means v1.11 and v1.12.

No confusion on my part. ;)

Guest IguanaKing

I know what the readme said, that was one of the reasons I created the chart, Shepski. ;) The readme, AND the manual were incomplete and inaccurate according to what was actually in the game. Yes, I'm quite sure I had 1.11 installed since I have been a lockon.ru geek since before that patch was released...my desktop icon said "LockOn 1.11" and so did the home screen in the game. ;) But, the version at this point is no longer relevant, since you guys have corrected it with 1.12. I'll just need to make another update to the chart...no biggie. :D

Cheers, dude. :beer:

Guest IguanaKing

Version 1.02 here. Just another comment on the documentation, I agree that it should reflect the changes, but I'm pretty sure the 1.12 docs didn't tell us our RWR would no longer drop dead contacts. ;) Just an observation on how things get missed once in a while. ;) I'm glad the fix for that has come up so quickly, I look forward to it. :D

Here's V 1.02, for 1.12 (thanks NSCode :icon_jook )

Thanks for putting your time and effort into this! I'm very glad you released it to the community and made it not only with yourself in mind. I agree that the manual was lacking in this subject. Your efforts should be commended with - at minimum - a simple thank you. Thanks! :icon_jook

iVIPER21sig2.jpg

Just if want to add these for some poor unexpected noob F-15 pilot trying to get a guns kill on the Tu-22M3, Tu-95, Tu-142. The tail radar is the ''Box Tail''. Don't know the TEWS symbol for it though.

PS, that noob was me once apon a time, I'll say no more about it. :D

Guest IguanaKing

Doh!!! Forgot about the tail gun radar on those bombers, Cobra! Will add them. :D I'll have to run my Excel document through Acrobat Distiller at work tomorrow though, my free on-line conversions are all used up. BTW, are you G from the UBI forums?