New Pilot

Hi all!

I'm a new pilot that started playing LOMAC quite recently, though I only have version 1.02 for the moment i am strongly considering to get Lock On GOLD so i obtain FC aswell

As i just stated im a very new pilot, i know extremely limimted flying..

I prefer using the russian airplanes infront of the US ones, i find the RUS cockpits alot easier to read out and interpret and i have got a hang of what most guages means :rolleyes:

But everytime im in a su-27 and im up against a F-15, i get my ass wiped

somehow they manage to get a lock on me, fire.. then just fly about and bang, im downed no matter how much i try.. Ive tried breaking to the sides, i tried just going down trading altitude for speed and see what happens but 99% of the time it just does a perfect hit on me anyway

So I would like to ask for tips of su-27 (and su-33) pilots for any nice way of evading missiles from the damn F-15..

I read a post just recently how someone complained that the F-15 was so advantegous and how people said you could overcome it only if you became better, which makes me want to become a better pilot even more .. :)

I saw a video recorded from flankertraining.com (Spelling?) with how you can take down a F-15 with a su-27 using semi active radar missiles, he shot a missile at the F-15, pulled right just enough to keep his beyond visual range thing still locked, then he went back after 15, shot another one, pulled off right again and waited until the ship was dead.. he also evaded one of its AIM-120's so easily.. i dont quite understand how

IF anybody is able to give me a nice guideline on this, i will be extremely happy!

Thanks for taking your time reading my post

- Xealot

The community newbie

http://winsbydefault.com/pics/dctf1ibxh7.gif

Replace this image! It's too big! © Administration

(max size: 150pix height, 50kb)

I think that Ironhand explains everything very clearly in his tutorials - which part don't you understand?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

What Jay, said ;)

What part of the Ironhand’s tutorial would you like further explanation on?

One tip I would say is that you should be careful how you use your ecm jammer . .. right now I hardly carry them unless it’s a sead mission but if I’m fighting the amraam then I prefer not to use any ecm. I just don’t like the way the rwr works even if I stop jamming immediately after burn through.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I saw a video recorded from flankertraining.com (Spelling?) with how you can take down a F-15 with a su-27 using semi active radar missiles, he shot a missile at the F-15, pulled right just enough to keep his beyond visual range thing still locked, then he went back after 15, shot another one, pulled off right again and waited until the ship was dead.. he also evaded one of its AIM-120's so easily.. i dont quite understand how

- Xealot

What Ironhand did was to increase the distance that the AIM-120 has to travel to reach him, thus depleting its energy (it slows down as a result of drag), while still maintaining lock to guide his missile. He shot two missiles, one at maximum range and the other about 15 seconds later. The first one has very little chance of getting a kill, but he did this to force the bandit into a defensive posture. The second one has a much higher Pk (Probability of Kill).

To evade the AIM-120, look at the RWR at the bottom right hand side of the cockpit. Maneuver to put the red circle light (the missile) about 30 degrees off your nose. Keep the speed up. Wait until the signal strength is about 4 - 5 ticks from the maximum. Bank towards the missile. When the signal strength reaches about 1 - 2 ticks from the maximum, pull to perform an orthogonal roll. Dispense chaffs rapidly (There is no point in saving them if you are going down).

The key to getting proficient is practice. I remembered after I watched Ironhand's missile evasion tutorial, I had to practice 20 - 30 times before I get the hang of it. Also, since you are just starting, don't try to go against F-15s. Try against Mig-23s, F-5s or F-4s. Focus on one thing at a time, either F-pole or missile evasion.

Hope this helps.

Nowi

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Or maybe try starting against an F-14 with AIM-54's - I think they're the easiest to dodge. You get a LONG warning that they're coming & they have smokey motors so you can see them a good way off so you get a good tie in between the RWR & what you see(pretty much from launch under the right visual conditions) Don't use the jammers constantly while learning as the home on jam is silent so you don't know they're coming till you hear the bang

Cheers.

F15c is pretty much gay, just fire your AIM120c and turn cold. Had lots of pilots on HL doing this to me. If you're a real man, not some sissy, you should continue flying Flankers and half gay Mig29S (Oh well, they do have those pussy ass R77's) and, as someone famously stated some time ago, hold your lock like a man!

Don't get disheartened, just practise, practise and practise.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Kenan, with a sig like that you risk angering the animal rights association. ;)

harpy.jpg

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Thanks all for your replies! it is very much appreciated, My real problem was the actual evasion of the missiles.. they always seem to magically hit me no matter how i turned.. Il try watch the RWR more closesly next time and try evade them based on that!

Yet again thanks for your help, I will try practise to become a better su-27/su-33 ^_^

The community newbie

http://winsbydefault.com/pics/dctf1ibxh7.gif

Replace this image! It's too big! © Administration

(max size: 150pix height, 50kb)

Thanks all for your replies! it is very much appreciated, My real problem was the actual evasion of the missiles.. they always seem to magically hit me no matter how i turned.. Il try watch the RWR more closesly next time and try evade them based on that!

Timing and positioning are everything. As in the tutorial, when the F-15 launches an AIM-120 BVR, turn away and put him at roughly your 10 or 2 o' clock. I usually enter a shallow dive. Watch the RWR. Don't waste your time looking for the missile. You won't see it coming anyway. Start banking your aircraft roughly 10-20 degrees (but no more than 20 or you risk losing the RWR signal) toward the F-15 but do not pull back on the stick.

Now you wait. When the signal strength drops to 0 and starts climbing again rapidly, you've just seen the AIM-120 lock onto you. Maintain the same bank angle. As soon as the signal strength reaches the next to the last bar, pull back smoothly on the stick. In essence, you will barrel roll away from the missile at just the right time.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.