BLACKSEA OPERATIONS CANCELLED!!! - until further notice

Due to our busy schedules and iminent release of 1.2 black shark, our team has decided to pospone the mod until further notice. Sorry for the inconvenience. We hope to pick it up at a later date.

Glowing_amraam and T-Bone are busy testing the mod on 1.2 to evaluate a possible extension to the project.

Thanks for your patience.

VVanks out.

• Like 1

The main problem has been that with each patch, a number of modifications have to be made to each mission to make it compatible with the latest version of Lock On. Wanks and I are both engineering students and we do not have a great deal of time at our disposal during the school year and AMRAAM is currently beta testing the Black Shark addon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

It's all ED's fault! They should stop making these patches! :D

Seriously, I hope things work out, and that we will see this mod released sometime in the not too distant future.

I checked out your homepage not that many days ago, and I can see the tremendous amount of work that you have already put into this project. I hope you will be able to see the fruits of all your work. It really looks to be an interesting gaming experience.

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

iminent release... betatesting... not so bad news after all eh? :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Sorry for my extremely nooby question: What does this black sea ops mod add to the game?

I was thinking it as a new campaignfor f-15, with some nice start up screens and such stuff. What is it all about? Does it change the game code or add new flyables etc?

Again sorry for this questions...

Hmm I was going to say that lobs is still quit a few months away.. Maybe end of summer or nearer a Christmas release but you guys might have more accurate info regarding BS's progress .. ;)

Well I was looking forward to this campaign but having to redesign 100 missions every time a patch comes out doesn't sound like a lot of fun so I completely understand why everything has been put on hold. Although I would say that even when LOBS comes out there will undoubtedly be a patch released a few months after the initial release so the situation could become impossible for BSO.. Maybe its time to launch the satellite if you know what I mean ;)

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Ehh. well I didn't expect it to come out anyway. It took to long. It still was just nice to dream about some 10-20 missions campaign with G_A's cutscenes between those mission. Oh well, whatever. Thank You that you tried.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Hmm, engineering students huh?

The main problem has been that with each patch, a number of modifications have to be made to each mission to make it compatible with the latest version of Lock On.

I wonder if there might be a way to fold some of BSO into SkyWars2. It isn't often that experienced mission builders, with this amount of perspective, appear out of the blue.

I also gave up on building missions by hand for the same reason. "Never again!" I said. With a dynamic campaign, every time the mission file format changes, I just update the code once, and every mission that the DC produces is simultaneously updated.

By coincidence, the theater and storyline of BSO and SkyWars2 seem pretty similar... ;)

-SK

Guest ThomasDWeiss

It all depends on how you approach mission building - you can do it in so many ways and BSO perhaps relied too much on the AI to perform certain tasks, then of course it makes it much harder to control what is going on.

I just released a pack for 1.1/1.02 and when 1.2 is released I'll sooner or later re-fly my missions and convert them all for 1.2, so I would suggest that they release a BSOPs for 1.1 and when 1.2 comes out a BSOPs for 1.2.

My 2c.

It all depends on how you approach mission building - you can do it in so many ways and BSO perhaps relied too much on the AI to perform certain tasks, then of course it makes it much harder to control what is going on.

I just released a pack for 1.1/1.02 and when 1.2 is released I'll sooner or later re-fly my missions and convert them all for 1.2, so I would suggest that they release a BSOPs for 1.1 and when 1.2 comes out a BSOPs for 1.2.

My 2c.

Well BSO is of course a massive undertaking - campaigns that big are always an issue, especially when you're dealing with monster air battles and big numbers of aircraft.

My Su33 campaign for the Navy mod (hopefully that'll see the light of day :) )is being built as single missions and reassembled into a campaign using a 3rd party generator. Easier to fiddle with.

Plus it's going to be a rather lower intensity war than the F-15 campaigns, which'll help.

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Do as I do, release it - if there is any snags, release an update. I released a thorougly tested pack a few days ago that had a bug, next day a pack with the fix was released.

No big deal - no one is demanding perfection.

just release it.

Well this IS disappointing!!!!!!! I paid for the blackseaops.com and the hosting for a year and offered it up at no cost to the developers of this campaign. I put up with the delays and changes in focus of the project that prolonged this, and now I have to find out via the message boards, no previous contact regarding this, that it is prolonged indefinitely. Really disappointing T-Bone and BSO bosses.

EDIT: I have changed all passwords for FTP and OPS access so you all no longer have access to anything. :(

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

• ED Team

This comes as somewhat a little shock to me as well, since i just found out about this thread a few minutes ago...

But i kinda had a small hunch something like this would happen..

I'm kinda busy these days with daylife stuff, plus a girl i just met too.. :D

Next to that, im testing 1.2 as well.

This is bad news, but i would like the first chapter of BSO to be released. I mean, why not...?

It won't come with any cutscenes though, sadly..

My Su33 campaign for the Navy mod (hopefully that'll see the light of day :) )is being built as single missions and reassembled into a campaign using a 3rd party generator. Easier to fiddle with.

Hello britgliderpilot, could you please tell me where I can get this utility?

Thank you.

IMHO all you BSO guys owe beerdog $$$$$ for paying to host the blackseaops site for a whole year for NOTHING! How unbelieveble rude that he had to learn about it from my post at SimHQ...Man up and take care of your responsibilites to someone who had faith in you and wanted to help the community. And not because you're legally obligated, but because it's right!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Colt, I appreciate the comments but no need to do that. I have other plans in the making for blackseaops.com.

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

Hello britgliderpilot, could you please tell me where I can get this utility?

Thank you.

Sure - download it from Lockonskins.co.uk here:

http://www.lockonskins.co.uk/?page=downloads&cat=45

It's Lomu 0.9b - I tested it with v1.11 and it seems to work OK :)

Skypat's also got a mission-to-campaign converter for download there if Lomu doesn't work.

IMHO all you BSO guys owe beerdog $$$$$ for paying to host the blackseaops site for a whole year for NOTHING! How unbelieveble rude that he had to learn about it from my post at SimHQ...Man up and take care of your responsibilites to someone who had faith in you and wanted to help the community. And not because you're legally obligated, but because it's right!

Okay, it's not like they wanted to be rude. Honestly, some people have a life, and some pretty major things have happened in the near past. So yeah, priorities get shuffled around. T-bone and others have to deal with it.

Anyway, DR, sorry about this whole mess. If it's any consolation, we feel really bad about it. I know, too little, too late, but take it up with T-bone :icon_toil

Some skins and FPS saving mods that the team has been working on may very well be released sometime in the near future though. Just need to package it all.

• Like 1
sigzk5.jpg

• ED Team

..Some skins and FPS saving mods that the team has been working on may very well be released sometime in the near future though. Just need to package it all.

Not to mention the HUGE archive of clips i have recorded for cutscenes........

If they're not gonna be used.....maybe i'll splash something up just to show it off, cause some of the clips are quite brilliant..

I dunno.....will see.. :rolleyes: